The Rumour Thread

Karl jericho (necromunda), haflings (blood bowl) chaos ogryn (blackstone) Other book for adeptus titanicus, new book for hobbit game, shadespire warbands, elites for kill team, slaanesh, and the box grotVSsylvaneth.

A lot of announced things that have yet to be released : /

• Like 1

Just now, Kramer said:

Was it? When and where? Would be very exciting!!

Well there's only 2 Battletomes previewed for AoS - Fyreslayers and Slaanesh. So we pretty much know that Slaanesh is next unless GW pulls a massive surprise release on us. 

5 minutes ago, Sete said:

Awesome another mini i will never have, unless im scalped on ebay.

There's an anti-scalping group on Facebook where you can join and network with others going to opening events and the like and thus get a fair price in personal trades with them. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And its up

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/14/pre-order-preview-warbands-and-warlords-titans/

Warbands Incoming! The KO and Sylvanath warbands as well as putting a selection of Warbands on model sale only for AoS (ergo no Shadspire cards). So great news for any who want after those Warbands or who are out for the new bands and cards.

There's also terrain and a book for Adepticus Titanicus 

AT stuff is great to see coming and whilst the Warband stuff doesn't interest me its good to see coming! Plus its one step closer to a new Shadspire Wave which might mean seeing more armies added - Daughters of Khaine - more chaos Gods - and more hopefully! 

Edited by Overread

57 minutes ago, Overread said:

Well there's only 2 Battletomes previewed for AoS - Fyreslayers and Slaanesh. So we pretty much know that Slaanesh is next unless GW pulls a massive surprise release on

Haha so not confirmed but very likely? 😂

29 minutes ago, Overread said:

And its up

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/14/pre-order-preview-warbands-and-warlords-titans/

Warbands Incoming! The KO and Sylvanath warbands as well as putting a selection of Warbands on model sale only for AoS (ergo no Shadspire cards). So great news for any who want after those Warbands or who are out for the new bands and cards.

There's also terrain and a book for Adepticus Titanicus 

AT stuff is great to see coming and whilst the Warband stuff doesn't interest me its good to see coming! Plus its one step closer to a new Shadspire Wave which might mean seeing more armies added - Daughters of Khaine - more chaos Gods - and more hopefully! 

True. But if you do the math, there is already 6 bands for Orders, 6 for Chaos, 2 for Death and 3 for Destruction.

So far only the faction with battletome have been granted with aos warband (ok, skaven came late but still). So if i were guessing i think we can reasonably expect for the next season a new box Stormcast vs Destruction. So we will probably have DoK, ID, Bonesplitterz, some kind of Ogor (new hunter+ frostsabre? would be cool), a band for slaanesh and another for nurgle, then a band for death (FEC i guess). That make 2 warband for each GA (only one for death). And i think with that, all the current faction with battletome will have their warband. Correct?

Edit: oh and we had normal leaders for season 1, wizard for season 2. I guess we will have priests for season 3 (hag for DoK, soulscryer for ID, some kind of priest for the stormcast, some kind of priest for bonesplitterz... and the rest i really have no clue ^^)

Edited by rattila
  • Like 1

The bands for the not season 3 starting players set are Order (stormcast band #4) and Death (banshee band), so we can add those to the count.

Also Season 2 added magic, but at least one warband had no wizard (I am actually assuming the KO will also be wizardless). 

On 4/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, PJetski said:

Sylvaneth & Kharadron Warbands are almost certainly next week, since it lines up with the Shadespire release schedule.

It's possible they would release them at the same time as Slaanesh, but I doubt that will be the case.

Called it :)

1 hour ago, CitizenX said:

The bands for the not season 3 starting players set are Order (stormcast band #4) and Death (banshee band), so we can add those to the count.

Also Season 2 added magic, but at least one warband had no wizard (I am actually assuming the KO will also be wizardless). 

Dreadfane is not season 3

Edited by PJetski

1 hour ago, rattila said:

True. But if you do the math, there is already 6 bands for Orders, 6 for Chaos, 2 for Death and 3 for Destruction.

So far only the faction with battletome have been granted with aos warband (ok, skaven came late but still).

Well Sepulchral Guard are part of GA: Death and thus in a weird state of limbo right now

for season three, I bet they would finally make a Seraphon Warband just because of how many people keep ask for one on ever social media outlet I been too.

IDK, DoK, Bonsplitterz, and Nurgle all seem like good canidates too for a warband

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

for season three, I bet they would finally make a Seraphon Warband just because of how many people keep ask for one on ever social media outlet I been too.

IDK, DoK, Bonsplitterz, and Nurgle all seem like good canidates too for a warband

Slaanesh seems fairly likely as well. 

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

So I guess this means they aren't using the new warbands as an excuse to release updated books for those factions.

I'm not so sure about this anymore, I do think each of the warbands this season were a precursor to each of those factions getting a battletome but that definitley wasn't the case in season 1. I guess it depends on whether or not KO and Sylvaneth actually get a new tome this year, all the signs point to more than likely for KO and there's a pretty good chance for Sylvaneth but who really knows. (fingers crossed for KO, especially after the changes to the Fyreslayers one)

2 hours ago, CitizenX said:

I also think the Goblin warband predated the gloomspite release

Only just (and there are two of them). I would say it was related.

It seems shadespire warbands are designed not to be very strong in normal aos tho.

Edited by Riavan

11 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Only just (and there are two of them). I would say it was related.

It seems shadespire warbands are designed not to be very strong in normal aos tho.

Which sort of makes sense really; esp as the models are often good just to use as leaders for units rather than on their own. 

• Like 1