The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Maybe I'm saying nosenses but they changed the banner on the warhammer community of age of sigmar articles. It was the piece of nurgle vs stormcast and now we have that piece with stormcast, khorne and the rumored darkoath and the "robot-humans". Surely means nothing but it's exactly that piece of the art where u can see clearly guys from armys that now doesn't exist

The whole art has something more on the left...

Nice hat !

Cog army_6.png

• Like 2

When do you guys think we are going to see the other yet unrevealed, but teased models from the Soul Wars? Sacrosanct Lord and heavy Cavalry, Nighthaunt Hero and Black Coach etc.. Do you think they will tease us with something before the Open Day or the will keep for then?

8 hours ago, Sir Grimm said:

When do you guys think we are going to see the other yet unrevealed, but teased models from the Soul Wars? Sacrosanct Lord and heavy Cavalry, Nighthaunt Hero and Black Coach etc.. Do you think they will tease us with something before the Open Day or the will keep for then?

Probably at open day. Well at least the nighthaunt side, as they appear to be released first, with two of three named characters already revealed whereas the SCE side being unknown so far

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/21/21st-june-the-art-of-sigmargw-homepage-post-3/

New art and things we have seen before.

Is that a cogfort in the background or a floating flying magical fortress?

AoSArt-June21-BigBattle20e.jpg

Why not both ? :D 

There is a strange angular shape between the Varanguard Steed's maw and the Stardrake maw, in the background, with some kind of smoke chimney / vent ?

Above in gold it's clearly a flying Stormkeep / Free City (with canons and light beam firing Luminarks !).

Sincerely I still hope with all my heart that "Stormkeep" is the Order equivalent of "Dreadhold" and that a MASSIVE scenery range is coming for the Stormcast fortifications and the Free Cities ; IIRC Rob talked about "a modular scenery range similar to 40k's Sector Mechanicus"  in 2016 on WHTV ; and this video (from 2016 too) has lots of fortifications / Orders cities artworks. 

(starting at 00min37sec)

• Like 2

So much the same, even before mention of Stormkeeps I had my hopes constantly up for a Order version of the Dreadfort. (Same with a Order version of Gorechosen that took place in Azyrheim's colosseum. :D )

Really hope we get one in the near future. Maybe whenever the Ruination chamber gets released with some more Stormcast engineers? If it ends up being a small release like the Extremis chamber then giving the new artillery a place to fire from would be a good idea. ;)

Also, about the flying fortress or CogFort question, it's likely a flying fortress of whichever Order civilization is being threatened. In the Malign Portents short story "The Offer" the CogForts are described moving on piston driven legs so unless that's a new model (certainly not out of the realm of possibility) it's likely something else.

(Another hope of mine is that CogForts become a future Freeguild centerpiece. Like a Kharadron airship but made for a slow powerful advance.)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiriom said:

What ever happened to most of the dread fort options for purchase from GW?  Only a few parts listed now, will those options ever return ?

Most are still in stores or online. Expensive scenery doesn't seem to sell that well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a question. Is there any rumor about the battleforces we will get at the end of the year??

For new releases we have on this year is "maybe" Slanesh and moonclan isn't it? will they get a battleforce if their release is after summer?? I don't think so, I can't remember what releases came last year after summer. I know Blightwar came on July or August and we got Battleforce Vanguard from stormcast, but not battleforce Nurgle and yes Tzeench that has been released a year before I think. Kharadron was the Battleforce 1 year after their release.

So maybe this year we got battleforces to Daughters of Khaine, Idoneth maybe it's too early?? Nighthaunt??? Stormcast Sachrosant?? I think there the only maybe come is DoK and maybe Stormcast but I don't think Nighthaunt or Idoneth get a Battleforce, maybe idoneth but Nighthaunt is too early. So what others could be???  Maybe nurgle this time? Undead Ghouls? Fyreslayers? Greenskinz? Slaves to Darknes??

When is supposed to know a rumor or something a bit accurate?? I'm planning making a chaos army and would like to start with archaon  and then take slaves or Tzeench so...

We never know what battleforces they go with.  Usually a newly released race. But not all of them. It's still half a year away too. 

The new stormcast are probably the only thing based on past releases you could assume. But it isn't set in stone.

Edited by Riavan

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/23/23rd-june-9-heroes-you-need-to-try-in-the-new-editiongw-homepage-post-4/

They showed the gitmob grot shaman when talking about a Moonclan grot shaman abilitiy. Sure it could be a mistake, but that makes for terrible rumor mongering. They're clearly merging all the grots into one big battletome that is going to be so awesome, they're going to have to do AoS 3.0 right on the heels of 2.0 just to contain it. You heard it here first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/23/23rd-june-9-heroes-you-need-to-try-in-the-new-editiongw-homepage-post-4/

They showed the gitmob grot shaman when talking about a Moonclan grot shaman abilitiy. Sure it could be a mistake, but that makes for terrible rumor mongering. They're clearly merging all the grots into one big battletome that is going to be so awesome, they're going to have to do AoS 3.0 right on the heels of 2.0 just to contain it. You heard it here first.

I sincerely hope it comes soon, my goblins have waited long enough to see battle! ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

And they fixed it. I guess that means grots are never getting anything new and the entire race is going the way of squats.

• Haha 2