The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Some. As implied by the phrase "other than the ones already shown". At least the hero on a Gryphasus. 

Be you seen the Warhammer fest stuff? If not, we know of alternate versions of some of the starter box heroes, another hero, dual build kits of all units in the starter box, new cavalry. May be more will come as well

Thanks. Is that what the winged ram mount is called? A Gryphasus?

GW keep us in suspense @blueshirtman. But you are at one of the best web sites out there for rumours of what's coming up. As for September, I think the only rumours I've read here are about Hosts of Slaanesh. Given we had Nurgle over Christmas maybe it will be a bit later. We don't really know though.

1 minute ago, Greyshadow said:

GW keep us in suspense @blueshirtman. But you are at one of the best web sites out there for rumours of what's coming up. As for September, I think the only rumours I've read here are about Hosts of Slaanesh. Given we had Nurgle over Christmas maybe it will be a bit later. We don't really know though.

Ok, thank you.  So there is a chance that after the 2018 general handbook, GW may update old or make new battletomes this year. Does the demon chaos stuff count as both AoS and w40k release, or are they counted separate. So if they bring out slanesh demons, the next army is w40k, as they seem to be making more of those.

Loosely connected I think - Thousand Sons and Disciples of Tzeentch were around the same time if my memory serves me correctly. Deathguard and Maggotkin were months (six?) apart. Maybe we might get Emperor's Children and Hosts later in the year? Quite possible but again we don't know anything for sure. Stormcast Eternals and Night Haunt battle tomes, along with some new models, are what we do know is on the way.

Ah, so SC and Night Haunt will get battletomes first. Kind of a understandable. Do people think that with the new edition and all, battletomes are going to be updated as fast as for w40k?  It is doable, and it would be cool I think to have all fully updated factions in a year or so, and they could stop making General Handbooks, because everything would be fixed.

2 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

Ah, so SC and Night Haunt will get battletomes first. Kind of a understandable. Do people think that with the new edition and all, battletomes are going to be updated as fast as for w40k?  It is doable, and it would be cool I think to have all fully updated factions in a year or so, and they could stop making General Handbooks, because everything would be fixed.

Nope, simple as that. Gw already stated, that the existing tomes will stay valid, so no need for redoing and republishing those. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueshirtman said:

It's not a good business plan to have everything fixed. It would mean that they couldn't release anything new content after that. Even new battletomes will shift the whole game balance concerning competitive gaming, as the list building is dependent on what you can face, and thus the good units will change according to that.

1 hour ago, blueshirtman said:

I would like them to make a hard reset with a new edition, and limit list choices to GH2018. IMO would be more balanced .

You are living in a dream world where new armies and battletomes are perfectly balanced and fair.  The General's Handbooks are VITAL to the continued balance and health of the game.  We, as gamers, should be pleased with the direction that GW has chosen on this issue.

Speaking personally, the fact that GW is releasing regular FAQ's and the General's Handbooks is a huge part of why I have started playing GW games again after like about an eight-year hiatus.

Edited by mikethefish
Spelling error
  • Like 4

I do think the new factions are more balanced against each other. At least from the way talks about subfactions look like in different alliance forums. They seem to be doing that good, on the other hand their FAQ either do not do enough or just create more problems, instead of fixing stuff. Plus they seem to be really random with their errata. Tzeench seems to be a problem, but its lists are hardly touched by FAQs.

20 minutes ago, xking said:

Don't they usually do that in the tournaments?

I didn't even knew there were actuall GW sponsored tournaments till last month. Plus I am more interested in non tournament games, entry fee is not worth paying, when your coming in last. I think that if they removed most of the options from units and armies, the game would be easier to balance. When some armies stack a ton of rules, and cross grand alliance interactions it is hard to balance stuff, if that was taken away it would be easier to balance stuff with just changing the point costs of units or battalions. It would be also easier for new players to get in to the game, because they could just scan through units and their points costs and pick up the best ones, without having to worry if some strange interaction doesn't affect their army or possibly gets it nerfed.

42 minutes ago, Karol said:

I do think the new factions are more balanced against each other. At least from the way talks about subfactions look like in different alliance forums. They seem to be doing that good, on the other hand their FAQ either do not do enough or just create more problems, instead of fixing stuff. Plus they seem to be really random with their errata. Tzeench seems to be a problem, but its lists are hardly touched by FAQs.

I didn't even knew there were actuall GW sponsored tournaments till last month. Plus I am more interested in non tournament games, entry fee is not worth paying, when your coming in last. I think that if they removed most of the options from units and armies, the game would be easier to balance. When some armies stack a ton of rules, and cross grand alliance interactions it is hard to balance stuff, if that was taken away it would be easier to balance stuff with just changing the point costs of units or battalions. It would be also easier for new players to get in to the game, because they could just scan through units and their points costs and pick up the best ones, without having to worry if some strange interaction doesn't affect their army or possibly gets it nerfed.

I agree the allegiance abilities and artifacts made the game very unbalanced.  Too many permutations of things.  The best AoS to play is one without allegiance abilities and artifacts. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, chord said:

I agree the allegiance abilities and artifacts made the game very unbalanced.  Too many permutations of things.  The best AoS to play is one without allegiance abilities and artifacts. 

The most boring one to play, indeed. ☺️ 

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blish said:

Aelves mention in Warhammer Community yesterday.

We knew this already, but is there any whispers of a timeline for new models?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/07/7th-june-the-war-for-soulsgw-homepage-post-2/

Capture.JPG

Despite how much they've been teasing the new elf armies, and how well they'd fit into the Soul Wars, it seems like they have to be a long way off - just because stuff like Moonclan, Slaanesh, etc is rumoured to be coming first. 

6 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Despite how much they've been teasing the new elf armies, and how well they'd fit into the Soul Wars, it seems like they have to be a long way off - just because stuff like Moonclan, Slaanesh, etc is rumoured to be coming first. 

Remember, Soul-Wars is the second 'season' of AoS, so that could be anything from 1 year to 4 or more, plenty of time to bring out a few new or re-imagined races each year until GW decide the next direction for AoS, or Ao? maybe!