The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Chikout said:

This is sure to cause some debate here. From the November white dwarf, the bale wind vortex and Magewraith throne will be returning. There will also be some  hero bases. No news of minis or battletomes☹️

Well, putting aside whether or not they're broken I think it's good these pieces of scenery are coming back.

A lot of the newer terrain GW made in 8th edition should really fit right into AoS. All 4 Storm of Magic pieces, Dreadstone Blight, Witchfate Tor, etc.  

I've seen them being sold at £60+, and people probably went for it after the FAQ made them free to use. I am also glad to see them back but think it should be pointed - otherwise it's a boring autoinclude. If GW leaves them unpointed they will no doubt fly off the shelves.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bottle said:

I've seen them being sold at £60+, and people probably went for it after the FAQ made them free to use. I am also glad to see them back but think it should be pointed - otherwise it's a boring autoinclude. If GW leaves them unpointed they will no doubt fly off the shelves.

Agreed.  I'm of the opinion that anything you place as part of your army (be it summoned or otherwise) should have a nominal points cost

Yeah £15 doesn't seem too bad. In the end I am not going to get the set as I am not a fan of the Tzeentch setting (would have preferred a more generic Dungeon setting), but some of the miniatures are excellent and would make great additions to my armies and might purchase them individually.

28 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Those prices are actually a little cheaper than the other standalone heroes. Stormcast and fyreslayer heroes are all £18 each.

Yeah I guess, but seeing how I can find them on Ebay and Bits sites for $12-$15 not sure why anyone would buy them stand alone from GW for $25.

7 hours ago, MidasKiss said:

I've been using a $2 D12 for my treelord ancient bought at the local gaming store... I Wonder how the "custom wound tracker" will compare in price and effectiveness emoji6.png

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I did so too, 0,85€ at my store :D

But those wound markers that you can spin are awesome aswell!

On 24/10/2016 at 2:00 PM, someone2040 said:

Well, putting aside whether or not they're broken I think it's good these pieces of scenery are coming back.

A lot of the newer terrain GW made in 8th edition should really fit right into AoS. All 4 Storm of Magic pieces, Dreadstone Blight, Witchfate Tor, etc.  

there was a rumour before AOS dropped about new scenery, which had its own rules, and that turned out to be true, and also that the old kits were going to come back around. I'm expecting to see Skullvane Manse, Witchfate Tor and all the old ones make it back...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHHaunts said:

i assume the point of a D10 is that nothing in the game currently exceeds 20 wounds therefore you can count the amount of wounds inflicted up to 10 and then count the wounds left after that.

The pack GW are selling has two colours in, you can use one for tens and the other for units, so could easily mark up to 100 wounds.  No reason why you have to of course, you could simply add more than one dice together!

1 hour ago, KHHaunts said:

i assume the point of a D10 is that nothing in the game currently exceeds 20 wounds therefore you can count the amount of wounds inflicted up to 10 and then count the wounds left after that.

Mmmm, not ideal for displaying it. For example, I got from 9 wounds taken to 9 wounds remaining in a swirl of melee in a large game, a load of stuff happens, then we both stare at the dice trying to remember if it was 9 wounds remaining or 9 wounds taken. Hence why I universally do one or the other, personally.

16 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Mmmm, not ideal for displaying it. For example, I got from 9 wounds taken to 9 wounds remaining in a swirl of melee in a large game, a load of stuff happens, then we both stare at the dice trying to remember if it was 9 wounds remaining or 9 wounds taken. Hence why I universally do one or the other, personally.

True enough. I dont field a huge amount of heros and monster so i dont often need that many counters. But it pretty confising for the opposition so it would be useful.

Ive taken to just keeping a load of lamenated squares (roughly 20mm X 20mm) and a drywipe pen in my case so i can just make up whatever tokens i need such as shields with +1 for saves or just straight numbers for wounds. works really well.

• Like 2