The Rumour Thread

The problem is that I can think of 8 more order battletome ideas, and at least 5 or 6  for destruction or chaos. For death that seems much more difficult.

Coming up with interesting factions that are more than simply deathcast or death Aelves or death Duardin will be a real challange. With the ko gw have shown that they are capable of cool new takes on the factions we know so I’m looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

when we look back on this in a few years time, I expect we will have about a dozen order books, 9 or 10 for chaos and 5 or 6 each for death and destruction.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

I saw over on Dakka dakka that those death warscrolls are fake. Does anyone here know anything about that

Possible, but I doubt it. As above, one thing is the reference and the other really is that Ive read it came from the app which is doing all kinds of strange things these days and if you want to can certainly generate some information from that isn't supposed to be out yet ;) 

Haven't been paying attention the last couple days...

Holy moly, the order herald seems broken as f.

Knight of Shrouds seems okayish.

Warqueen is worthless in every possible scenario.

The price tag will be interesting.

Edited by Xasz

17 hours ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Ok so I did a bit of analysis based on current battletomes comparing it to 8th edition (or WHFB) here is the breakdown. (this is not taking into considerations of the 3 battletomes that were released and then replaced.)

WHFB

Chaos - 27%

Order - 47%

Death - 13%

Destruction - 13%

AoS*

Chaos - 35%

Order - 35%

Death - 7%

Destruction - 21%

Not including the new DoK 

So if anything Order needs more books, Death needs a little more and Destruction should not see a book for a while, Chaos is almost spot on. 

We notice it more in this game that's 2.5 years old than we ever did in WHFB. 

So far 2018 is having order, chaos and death releases. I believe that destruction will be next. 

I know your analysis is not in depth, but the evidence is completely flawed. That being said I have no evidence for my belief either so I guess we’re even ;)

Still think my theory has more legs however ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Well, we do have the likely moonclan release.

Sounds good for me. :-) Maybe also new squig models? ;-) Would be cool to get squigs which look similar to the spore squiq on the base of the fungoid-cave shaman, but maybe bigger. I would like that.

4 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Sounds good for me. :-) Maybe also new squig models? ;-) Would be cool to get squigs which look similar to the spore squiq on the base of the fungoid-cave shaman, but maybe bigger. I would like that.

Perhaps a Squiggoth ;) or a Squigbear. Squigboar. Squigsquid. Squigopus.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Moonstone said:

Pretty sure they are real :)

As you've probably seen a lot of Death players are upset at what they see as significant nerfs to the already weakest grand alliance. I'm not so sure this is accurate given that we don't have even close to the whole picture. If you have enough info to posit that these scroll leaks are real, I don't suppose you could add anything that might calm down the shambling masses do you? 

15 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

As you've probably seen a lot of Death players are upset at what they see as significant nerfs to the already weakest grand alliance. I'm not so sure this is accurate given that we don't have even close to the whole picture. If you have enough info to posit that these scroll leaks are real, I don't suppose you could add anything that might calm down the shambling masses do you? 

It is concerning but I would keep calm for now. 

Armies that heavily rely on weak heroes tend to be garbage (e.g. khorne mortals) but battalions, allegiance abilities n stuff play a huge roll as well. 

(luckily, death has some rather durable heroes and there might be legion synergies we are not expecting... the new focus on heroes is fluffy in Death although I understand the concerns going around)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Armies that heavily rely on weak heroes tend to be garbage (e.g. khorne mortals) but battalions, allegiance abilities n stuff play a huge roll as well. 

(luckily, death has some rather durable heroes and there might be legion synergies we are not expecting... the new focus on heroes is fluffy in Death although I understand the concerns going around)

For all we know the death allegiance ability is 'heroes are immune to damage until all non-hero units are dead'

At which point this would easily be the BEST army in the game.

My point is, speculation before content is asinine an stupid. It happened so much in the run up to 8th that people had a 100% set in stone opinion about every unit in the game and less than half were even close to correct.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Ohh, I'm definitely withholding judgment until I have all the info!

Just to tick off this rumour engine. The little dragon on stretched arm (I think it was over 10 months ago?) Really hoping to find out sometime how bad the production problem f'ed up GW's preferred schedule. Because some weird things/choices/releases happened last year. 

5a6d08444616a_ScreenShot2018-01-28at00_14_48.png.f51737805ec34b28f7efa6236f684b0a.png

@Kramer I’m don’t know tbh, but was it a production problem or a delay in the expansion of production systems? 

Again im in the dark tbh, but I can imagine that with increased investment n market share gw would have looked to increase their capacity to produce new products. If there was a delay in that being completed it’d likely result in some delayed releases and back log (Maggotkin). 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

@Kramer I’m don’t know tbh, but was it a production problem or a delay in the expansion of production systems? 

Again im in the dark tbh, but I can imagine that with increased investment n market share gw would have looked to increase their capacity to produce new products. If there was a delay in that being completed it’d likely result in some delayed releases and back log (Maggotkin). 

Good point/question. Here is the thing that interests me* a bit more fleshed out. So far relevant things I heard:
- Production delay due to factory incidents/problems. 
- Nurgle releases pushed back due to before mentioned problems
       - Same rumour hinted that the blightwar release was original planned as the full nurgle release. 
       - for me seems plausible as the Slug Nurgle daemon is one of the very very few heroes from those kind of sets to be introduced as a hero available separatly. 
        - Also the hype build up was to similar to a faction release to just be a start the game box. 
- The dragon rumour engine was 22 march 2017, see link below, that means the medusa unit set, was so far along the production proces that they were ready to show that part. 
- A painter a couple of weeks ago stated in a warhammer twitch show that they would paint un-released models months! before release. So fair enough, but the way he said it made me think he slightly hyped it up and also doesn't really match with the above part I think. It's way more than a couple of months. It's pretty much a year. 
- In the same interview he mentioned their were no different teams for 40k and AoS.
- The weird placement regarding Malign Portents and the Death release. The Warhammer community article states they will follow the Death release. Malign Portents is very much focused on the schemes Nagash has been setting up, see the interview with Kelly in the next white dwarf (or zoom in on the preview ;) ). Malign portents kicks of with 'paint a new start collecting'. In my mind nothing helps with that as a couple of new armies... All these things together... I just don't get the rational of announcing a new army before a global campaign encouraging people to start a new army :S 

TLDR: All in all. Love the aesthetic, have high hopes for a new play-style, great signal to the loyal community who are hoping for GW going back to existing factions.... but it doesn't feel like the ideal planning, so what happened?

Are Gw still struggling to recover from any manufacturing problems?

Is this their preferred release schedule?

Are they releasing as fast as possible, or is this just stuff pushed back because of 40k? 

But very happy  it's an old faction getting turned on to 11! Love the style (really ties into my current project, so yeah me.), and really need something to mess up a mate with his bloody ogors, haha keep losing ;) 

*to be clear this is not critique, I think I might understand the choices made. I just don't understand the communication style (communication is my background, hence my interest)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/22/rumour-engine-march-22nd-2017/

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Mayple said:

Well, we do have the likely moonclan release.

Rather just a have a general gobbos release then just the Moonclan. 

I kind of want them just to make a big sweeping change to the game with an Age of Sigmar 2e merging all the tiny factions with the ones that make sense and such. Importing some of the 40k rules, like character targeting and strategems. Making it so named characters get specific warlord traits. 

Edited by Envyus
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Envyus said:

Rather just a have a general gobbos release then just the Moonclan. 

I kind of want them just to make a big sweeping change to the game with an Age of Sigmar 2e merging all the tiny factions with the ones that make sense and such. Importing some of the 40k rules, like character targeting and strategems. Making it so named characters get specific warlord traits. 

Why would they merge the factions they have split on purpose when AOS was born? It doesnt make sense and I doubt its going to happen. Maybe some minor swapping of units but not more.  All the small factions are opportunities for the future and there are hopefully many years for them to expand them with DoK like releases. Smaller factions allow for easier balancing and in the end offer more variety because large factions always end up with FoTM builds while the rest of units eats dust on the shelves.  Also the burden of knowledge in AOS is already quite high with warscroll abilities, allegiance abilities and battalions so I dont think we need more complexity for now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Why would they merge the factions they have split on purpose when AOS was born? It doesnt make sense and I doubt its going to happen. Maybe some minor swapping of units but not more.  All the small factions are opportunities for the future and there are hopefully many years for them to expand them with DoK like releases. Smaller factions allow for easier balancing and in the end offer more variety because large factions always end up with FoTM builds while the rest of units eats dust on the shelves.  Also the burden of knowledge in AOS is already quite high with warscroll abilities, allegiance abilities and battalions so I dont think we need more complexity for now.

For the same reason they made AoS without points from the getgo.... The start of AoS was a large experiment and it's rather obvious more people want a broader line of models to choose from within one faction.

The easiest way to give awnser to that call is to merge certain faction logically. It has happened with all the Chaos Battletomes so far, occurs within Legions of Nagash and quite frankly should do so. As a lot of splits make no sence (e.g. Warherds and Brayherds) and armies who didn't get split are still doing great (Seraphon). 
In reality there also no smaller factions as those divert to the Grand Allegiance which makes the faction huge again. It's just that most don't have to do this because their Allegiance wasn't split up into splinters. 

I agree with you that we don't need more (useless) Battalions (for Matched Play)...

• Like 4