The Rumour Thread

So with the e-mail text about the last MP video, it's pretty obvious (at least IMO) that it's going to be Shadow Aelves, with Morathi / Malerion on the move. That's great.

And it means that we'll get some more factions before the AOS global campaign.

- What is (almost) certain we'll get : Maggotkin of Nurgle (new models), Legions of Nagash (no new models - mayyyybe Soulblights), Shadow Aelves (new models). 

- What will come too : the 4 Harbingers, the new (reboxed) scenery, the Malign portents campaign book.

There will probably be more, but with the "MP painting muster" event being January-February-March, I don't think we'll get more until that point. 

- April-May-June is Aelves and 40k ; 40k being the end of the codex rush rereleases (and as GW stated), the start of new narrative campaigns for 40k (NB : after the codexes, 40k will probably get new campaign supplements like Gathering Storm, Wrath of Magnus, etc, and NOT a 40k global campaign like Season of War / Fate of Konor : this year is for an AOS global campaign).

- In June-July (because summer holidays) we should see the launch of the global campaign, website-based (like Season of War / Fate of Konor), so no new campaign book (we'll already have the MP one), with results destined to change the ongoing AOS narrative. 

- In June we'll also so get "Souls War", byJosh Reynolds, surely dealing with the narrative part of the global campaign. That should include (IMO) the Great work of Nagash being completed, with himself leading the invasion of the Mortal Realms.

- If we get a new Death faction at some point this year (which I really hope), then this summer campaign is probably the ideal moment to release it (this new death army could probably be a part of the Great work too - and I think it could be more of a Skeleton / Reanimant army than Soulblight army).

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Several stores in Australia are  no longer selling Zombies and Cairn Wraith. Oddly, each of the stores I contacted said we had expected the wraith in our monthly deliveries but we have not seen them in two months. When I spoke to two GW stores in Adelaide one stated:

"Sorry mate we have not seen zombies being sent to our store in a few months and when we asked they told me to hold off on them for a month or two."

When I asked him what he thought he just said that they gave him no reason, but it thought it was to do with the roll out of events  in January/February.

The second store said straight out, "We do not stock zombies as GW will not give us the stock and honestly are not explaining why." He even said look on the website we are not selling wraith on it either.

I guess we can read into it as they are low on stock or consider the notion they are being reworked in some way.

Edited by Riluo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So with the e-mail text about the last MP video, it's pretty obvious (at least IMO) that it's going to be Shadow Aelves, with Morathi / Malerion on the move. That's great.

- What is (almost) certain we'll get : Maggotkin of Nurgle (new models), Legions of Nagash (no new models - mayyyybe Soulblights), Shadow Aelves (new models). 

- What will come too : the 4 Harbingers, the new (reboxed) scenery, the Malign portents campaign book.

There will probably be more, but with the "MP painting muster" event being January-February-March, I don't think we'll get more until that point. 

- April-May-June is Aelves and 40k ; 40k being the end of the codex rush rereleases (and as GW stated), the start of new narrative campaigns for 40k (NB : 40k will probably get after the codexes, new campaign supplements like Gathering Storm, Wrath of Magnus, etc, and NOT a 40k global campaign like Season of War / Fate of Konor : this year is for am AOS global campaign).

- In June-July (because summer holidays) we should see the launch of the global campaign, website-based (like Season of War / Fate of Konor), so no new campaign book (we'll already have the MP one), with results destined to change the ongoing AOS narrative. 

- In June we'll also so get "Souls War", byJosh Reynolds, surely dealing with the narrative part of the global campaign. That should include (IMO) the Great work of Nagash being completed, with himself leading the invasion of the Mortal Realms.

- If we get a new Death faction at some point this year (which I really hope), then this summer campaign is probably the ideal moment to release it (this new death army could probably be a part of the Great work too - and I think it could be more of a Skeleton / Reanimant army than Soulblight army).

The 40k bit is wrong. The 'leaked' release schedule only shows codexes until june or w/e but there are between 5-10 (depending on faction shake-out) that still need to be released after Orkz.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

- April-May-June is Aelves and 40k ; 40k being the end of the codex rush rereleases (and as GW stated), the start of new narrative campaigns for 40k (NB : 40k will probably get after the codexes, new campaign supplements like Gathering Storm, Wrath of Magnus, etc, and NOT a 40k global campaign like Season of War / Fate of Konor : this year is for am AOS global campaign).

I do hope they don't just turn it into a "popularity contest campaign" like the previous one.... 

In that campaign, it was pretty obvious  that destruction and death players are no where near numerous enough to win in that kind of campaign. If GW only releases new Chaos and order MODELS before that campaign, that really isn't going to help! I can't imagine GW completely ignoring death in the sculpting department again during malign portents, but if the timing you are saying is true, the "story arc of death" would certainly be off to a false start for death players.  -.-

• Like 1

I can easily see two Aelves faction being Light Aelves and Shadow Aelves 

Shadow Aelves could easily be Cthulu/marine Elves 

Also there is possibility that they will release kits for both for example a box of infranty that you can assemble as Shadow/Light Aelves, Shadow Aelves could get Malekith/Malerion + Morathi, Light Aelves will get Tyrion/Teclis (as one model or two) 

quite easy move :

- GW will sell minis that could work for both factions add some units they still have for both armies and here you go 

Shadow Cthulu - Malerion, Morathi, Mistweaver,repacked hero new elite infrantry, new elite cavalery, monster and repacked 1-2 Corsairs/Bleakswords/Witch Elves

Light Elves - Tyrion, Teclis, some kind of hero maybe even Mistweaver,repacked hero, new elite infrantry, new elite cavalery, monster and repacked 1-2 of WhiteLions/Pheonix/Pheonix Guards/Eternal Guards/Skycutters 

that would be 2-4 big kits (Malerion, Morathi, Teclis, Tyrion), new infranty, new cavalery, new monster or ship or whatever, repacked boxes, 2 BT (or even one big BT like Nagash with 2 faction and possibility to field them as one) . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Burf said:

The 40k bit is wrong. The 'leaked' release schedule only shows codexes until june or w/e but there are between 5-10 (depending on faction shake-out) that still need to be released after Orkz.

Yeah, I'm not basing this part on the "leaked schedule", but on the direct statement by GW that they would start doing campaigns books after much of the codexes are out mid 2018, and from the Ork rumors for this summer (like the Truk-like wheel Rumor engine).

1 hour ago, Elmir said:

(...) In that campaign, it was pretty obvious  that destruction and death players are no where near numerous enough to win in that kind of campaign. If GW only releases new Chaos and order MODELS before that campaign, that really isn't going to help! I can't imagine GW completely ignoring death in the sculpting department again during malign portents, but if the timing you are saying is true, the "story arc of death" would certainly be off to a false start for death players.  -.-

Yeah, well, Fate of Konor was about Death Guard vs Ultramarine.... And Death Guard didn't showed up until the end of the campaign :P 

But they still get an awesome release just after, so there is still hope. 

Also, I guess the Legions Of Nagash Battletome will make Death pretty competitive, add that the campaign rules and the GHb2017 Allegiance Abilities for many factions and I think we'll have a way more diverse "meta" than in summer 2016.

38 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

shadow could also mean Belakor, the whole  waiting and manipulating events from the shadows has his name all over it.

No hint about Be'lakor whatsoever since AOS launch (but his entry in GA : Chaos), nothing to do with "his children", and since when has Be'lakor a female voice ?

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

No hint about Be'lakor whatsoever since AOS launch (but his entry in GA : Chaos), nothing to do with "his children", and since when has Be'lakor a female voice ?

no. you've jumped too soon on this one.  I didn't say the voice was Be'lakor.  I believe that to be neferata as it mentions dragging him into the realm of death and nagash far too often.

I was saying that the realm of shadow storyline could be a way of re-introducing the dark master's involvement into the AoS landscape that was all.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

4 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

no. you've jumped too soon on this one.  I didn't say the voice was Be'lakor.  I believe that to be neferata as it mentions dragging him into the realm of death and nagash far too often.

I was saying that the realm of shadow storyline could be a way of re-introducing the dark master's involvement into the AoS landscape that was all.

Well we are discussing the last Malign Portents video. Between the video, and the text describing it in the last GW newsletter, Neferata is out, and Morathi si more than probable.

But man I would love SO MUCH to see Be'lakor again (especially a new model) ! Just... not now - yeah maybe after Slaanesh. So end of the year, the next one.

Just to say, he still has a whole page of fluff in the last Chaos Daemons codex. But alas no implication of him being active in the current 40k narrative...

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

- April-May-June is Aelves and 40k ; 40k being the end of the codex rush rereleases (and as GW stated), the start of new narrative campaigns for 40k (NB : after the codexes, 40k will probably get new campaign supplements like Gathering Storm, Wrath of Magnus, etc, and NOT a 40k global campaign like Season of War / Fate of Konor : this year is for an AOS global campaign).

While imo the Maggotkin release (miniatures + book) is great, it seems a bit strange that AoS will only see 4 new miniatures (Heralds) and a re-release of a scenery kit until late march. Hopefully GW will squeeze something extra miniature wise in for AoS until late march. That said, I am very happy for the possibility to have finally new Aelves. Hopefully my friend will finally join in on AoS full force with the release of Aelves.

But I have to admit, when I heard the first talks about Malign Portents I expected to see a lot of new Death miniatures, which currently doesn't see seem to be the case for the first 6 months of 2018.

Death minis doesn't make much sense, waht Death need is good rules they have huge range and one of the newest with new rules I think GW wants to push what already has and Death range is fairly new and in line with AoS. 

I really hope that two Aelves factions is true and makes also much sense for GW with multiway kits give me those Shadow and Light Aelves :D 

Edited by DantePQ

9 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Death minis doesn't make much sense, waht Death need is good rules they have huge range and one of the newest with new rules I think GW wants to push what already has and Death range is fairly new and in line with AoS. 

I really hope that two Aelves factions is true and makes also much sense for GW with multiway kits give me those Shadow and Light Aelves :D 

It is just not true that Death has a huge range any longer (under the GA system).  You can just check the website and see they have only a couple more than half as many models as the next lowest model count GA (Destruction).

That being said, I am excited for some Aelves.  But I'd rather see Death first, in what I assumed was a Death focused next few months.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

While imo the Maggotkin release (miniatures + book) is great, it seems a bit strange that AoS will only see 4 new miniatures (Heralds) and a re-release of a scenery kit until late march. Hopefully GW will squeeze something extra miniature wise in for AoS until late march. That said, I am very happy for the possibility to have finally new Aelves. Hopefully my friend will finally join in on AoS full force with the release of Aelves.

But I have to admit, when I heard the first talks about Malign Portents I expected to see a lot of new Death miniatures, which currently doesn't see seem to be the case for the first 6 months of 2018.

Me too, about Death and about more models untill end of March. And it is still a possibility.

I don't want to be disappointed, so I try to be cautious (and between the "productions problem" GW seems to have recently experienced, and the fact we still have Bloodbowl, Necromunda and mainly 40k taking places in the general GW release schedule, I'm not very optimistic :P )

13 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I don't find their range that huge, considering it's one of the four Grand Alliances. It's only 25% of Order and Chaos and 50% of Destruction miniature wise.

Anyway still hoping for a couple of Soulblight / Vampire plastic sets.

Multiway kits for Shadow and Light Aelves will probably not happen. Both Aelves will probably look different to each other. They didn't share sets in the old world, so it would be very strange if Aelves coming from different Realms would share plastic kits that can be assembles as either Shadow or Light Aelves.

• Like 4

I don't know why people are reading too much into the Shadow comment. I think this is still Neferata. Remember if Vampires are at least similar to their old background they still need to be protected from the sun... (Or the realm of light in the realms case) so coming from the shadows makes sense. 

It also makes sense for Neferata and her children to be working in the shadows as that is what she is all about. 

Edit: 

If we are reading into the shadow just look at her warscroll:

Neferata is the Mortarch of Blood and the Queen of Mysteries, a vampiric empress who has cast a long shadow across the reaches of history.

Emphasis mine. 

Edited by Ryan Taylor
  • Like 4