The Rumour Thread

Very very nice news.

• Today's Warscrolls are great : Rotmire Creed for my Maggotkin are very interesting with ranged fire power for Diseased Points (and I too guess the German version of the Chaos Legionnary warscroll is the correct one). 
  • I was kind of sad not to get a Core Rules abstract in the Heart of Ghur set, but we now know that GW will release a "Core Rule Lite" pdf in the near future (so I'm quite reassured : time to teach a few friends the new edition !).
  • The Warcry Roadmap has me all excited and motivated to finish what I have for the game. Mid-November is my new deadline to finish the Gnarlwood scenery + Rotmire Creed, just in time for the new set.
  • I won't try to guess the next 6 Warbands, but I'm so happy for the Order, Death and Sons Of Behemat Mawtribes DESTRUCTION players out there ! Especially @KingBrodd :P And we also may get more in-between releases like the Chaos Legionnaries and the Centaurian Marshalls...

A word of caution though ; the Skink in the video could be an Order Thrall / Feral Beast (they are in the new Core Rules, like the Furies etc. from 1st edition...). But I hope he's from a (Feral) Seraphon Warband proper !

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Considering the skink...maybe we'll see a proper seraphon release in aos?

They still have not a battletome and some other rumor engines are obviously for them...

Probably the Warcry warband will be a full chameleon skinks unit as a way to remake the resin kit like they alteady did with the ork Kommandos from KT.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Considering the skink...maybe we'll see a proper seraphon release in aos?

They still have not a battletome and some other rumor engines are obviously for them...

Probably the Warcry warband will be a full chameleon skinks unit as a way to remake the resin kit like they alteady did with the ork Kommandos from KT.

It can happen but so far they have all been brand new units because they have to function in Warcry first so they have to be allotted differently then regular AoS unit.

it works better in Killteam and 40K because weapon options are big thing in both games

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

A word of caution though ; the Skink in the video could be an Order Thrall / Feral Beast (they are in the new Core Rules, like the Furies etc. from 1st edition...)

Hadn't noticed that. Where is that shown? I must be missing it. 

Thats pretty cool if feral seraphon are this editions furies and kill chickens though. 

33 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

A word of caution though ; the Skink in the video could be an Order Thrall / Feral Beast (they are in the new Core Rules, like the Furies etc. from 1st edition...). But I hope he's from a (Feral) Seraphon Warband proper !

I really don't care in what form we get new Seraphon, as long as we get new Seraphon. I'm pretty sure even if they do "Feral" Seraphon they'll make them usable as or with existing warbands/AoS proper. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I really don't care in what form we get new Seraphon, as long as we get new Seraphon. I'm pretty sure even if they do "Feral" Seraphon they'll make them usable as or with existing warbands/AoS proper. 

Yeah, Seraphon in Warcry will have an AOS warscrolls anyway (as per today's article). They could be :

• Kroak's agents (from the Heart of Ghur Core book lore) Order Warband
  • Feral Seraphon Order Warband
  • Fera Seraphon beasts / thralls (on top of two other warbands)
13 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Hadn't noticed that. Where is that shown? I must be missing it. 

Thats pretty cool if feral seraphon are this editions furies and kill chickens though. 

Yeah ! You mean were are the current rules for Feral Seraphon ? It's in the multiplayer Campaign Arc, near the end of the new Core Book. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah, Seraphon in Warcry will have an AOS warscrolls anyway (as per today's article). They could be :

• Kroak's agents (from the Heart of Ghur Core book lore) Order Warband
  • Feral Seraphon Order Warband
  • Fera Seraphon beasts / thralls (on top of two other warbands)

Yeah ! You mean were are the current rules for Feral Seraphon ? It's in the multiplayer Campaign Arc, near the end of the new Core Book. 

Oxyotl's Hunters!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Last we saw (I think) Oxyotl they hopped back into the warp prior to everything exploding during the End Times. I would love for them to pull a Gotrek and get spat out of the warp into AoS. 

I have honestly thought Oxyotl would fit in Warcry since the announcement of the system for that reason. I was really hoping for a faction of Chamelon Skinks stalking the eightpoints under command of their ancient captain!

But using that concept in Ghur is even better Oxyotl can be AOS' version of the Predator!

16 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

HOPE SO

Also I hope each of the three big boxes introduces something new, like e.g. Feral Beasts (Seraphon, Ghurish Fauna, etc.) and Catacomb-style play inside the Seraphon temple ship 😍

Is that how Kill Team is working I feel like we will have a similar structure for these boxes... but I really hope you are right!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, novakai said:

it works better in Killteam and 40K because weapon options are big thing in both games

All of the Kill Teams seem to be 10 models though, while Warcry often has weird numbers like 7-9 models. And yet 40k doesn't care if you're in 10s while AOS needs it... what gives

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Oxyotl's Hunters!

lore-wise Oxy would be his own monster/hero type like the Centaur i think, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was an all-skink warband either way

Edited by CommissarRotke
an L
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Long answer:
Yes.

Mate you have no idea how hard I laughed at this reply.

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Very very nice news.

• Today's Warscrolls are great : Rotmire Creed for my Maggotkin are very interesting with ranged fire power for Diseased Points (and I too guess the German version of the Chaos Legionnary warscroll is the correct one). 
  • I was kind of sad not to get a Core Rules abstract in the Heart of Ghur set, but we now know that GW will release a "Core Rule Lite" pdf in the near future (so I'm quite reassured : time to teach a few friends the new edition !).
  • The Warcry Roadmap has me all excited and motivated to finish what I have for the game. Mid-November is my new deadline to finish the Gnarlwood scenery + Rotmire Creed, just in time for the new set.
  • I won't try to guess the next 6 Warbands, but I'm so happy for the Order, Death and Sons Of Behemat Mawtribes DESTRUCTION players out there ! Especially @KingBrodd :P And we also may get more in-between releases like the Chaos Legionnaries and the Centaurian Marshalls...

Cheers mate!! Im actually so damn excited!!

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

I reckon there are three sets, three more Chaos Gods, and three other grand alliances to pit them against. I'd bet Tzeentch vs Seraphon, Khorne vs destruction, and Slaanesh vs Death.

Destructions is definitely feeling like Mawtribes which I love!! I just hope there is more than 1 Destruction Warband this Edition.

• Like 1

For the starter box of Warcry, we got two new warbands in the box, but then another sold separately (Legionnaires) and the monster guy.  I'd love to see each new quarterly box also have a companion warband sold separately.  It would be a great opportunity to flesh out more warbands.  

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

All of the Kill Teams seem to be 10 models though, while Warcry often has weird numbers like 7-9 modes. And yet 40k doesn't care if you're in 10s while AOS needs it... what gives

lore-wise Oxy would be his own monster/hero type like the Centaur i think, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was an all-skink warband either way

I keep imagining that Oxyotl will be featured in the lore like Archaon and Be'Lakor as a major hero that is too powerful to be in Warcry but has a dedicated warband...My big hope is that Oxyotl will feature in the narrative as an opposition for Morghur at the climax of the Era of beasts!

I am really gambling a lot on two factions barely featured in this edition of Warhammer but i keep hoping they are being saved for a reason!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, Ferban said:

For the starter box of Warcry, we got two new warbands in the box, but then another sold separately (Legionnaires) and the monster guy.  I'd love to see each new quarterly box also have a companion warband sold separately.  It would be a great opportunity to flesh out more warbands.  

I really hope so!! I cannot wait to see what monsters we get this Edition!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

A keen eyed Redditor Down_Under_Painting posted this: 

1th7wc0if7i91.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, I have now set my expectations for Fimir, and no one can stop me. 

I'd love you to be right! I love Fimir since HeroQuest. Don't really care about the background much (although I don't see the problem either as they're supposed to be horrible creatures but that topic is a can of worms) but I think their design is extremely unique and cool - I've been told that they were based on Irish folklore Fomorians which makes me afraid the Warcry "Fomoroid" Crusher or whatever it's called is supposed to be their replacement but who knows.... perhaps they can change the background to something less discussion-inducing (like needing women/people as food or a host for their spawn or something, same premise pretty much - or maybe they too evolved in all those years...) and gives us cool updates. I'm glad I bought the Forgeworld ones (just in case...).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

One of my biggest hobby regrets was not buying the ForgeWorld Fimir, as you say mate if the lore's iffy, change it whatever, but the design and aesthetic of the Fimir is so cool and unique, it would be absolutely amazing to see them return, and anything that relates to Albion/Celtic/Gaelic/Irish lore is a must buy in my books.  

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

One of my biggest hobby regrets was not buying the ForgeWorld Fimir, as you say mate if the lore's iffy, change it whatever, but the design and aesthetic of the Fimir is so cool and unique, it would be absolutely amazing to see them return, and anything that relates to Albion/Celtic/Gaelic/Irish lore is a must buy in my books.  

I might be able to get extra FW Fimir (originals, for a reasonable price of course) if you ever need to get them. A mate in my group got them too but didn't even build them and he's got a lot of other things. Best to wait now if they really come out with new ones tho. :D Can't promise it 100% but there's a good chance (I'd say around 80%).

• Like 2