The Rumour Thread

Just now, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The lore blueb under Horns of Hashut sais they are heralds of him before his army appears and destroy everything.

So it's implies his armies are coming?

Tbh i don't like the idea of having not-dwarves as his cultist.

That’s the problem with the keywords given to the warscroll, for all we know that not-daemon smith is a chorf with his beard hidden. 

Just saw the images, holy moly this is going to be good.

I am so excited that the Horns are literally their Heralds and hopefully a nice little tease for what's to come! That little lore blurb sounds badass. Sorry they're not what you hoped for at the moment @Snorri Nelriksson . Hope there's some Chorfs in there but at least it means they are coming!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe they are slaves?

Maybe it’s a janissary type situation? Where these were the brightest humans/Aelf slaves captured by chorfs and they’re indoctrinated into a said chorf’s household as servants/soldiers?

4 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Just saw the images, holy moly this is going to be good.

I am so excited that the Horns are literally their Heralds and hopefully a nice little tease for what's to come! That little lore blurb sounds badass. Sorry they're not what you hoped for at the moment @Snorri Nelriksson . Hope there's some Chorfs in there but at least it means they are coming!!

They do look amazing, though I’m trying to figure out the armor inspiration. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

@Loyal Son of Khemrito me the guy seems inspired partially to the Persian army of 300.

Which is nice because means some sort of persian/mesopotamian inspiration for chorfs is still there.

@Snorri Nelriksson, it’s seems to me that GW’s has been giving Chaos more of a Middle Eastern/Asian  bent in addition the standard Vikings. My evidence? The Hedonites of Slaanesh range, as well as the Splintered Fang warband.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

@Loyal Son of Khemrito me the guy seems inspired partially to the Persian army of 300.

Which is nice because means some sort of persian/mesopotamian inspiration for chorfs is still there.

Aye that's what I'm liking the most, at least it points to them hopefully keeping the same aesthetic for Hashut. The dude here also reminds me of the film Immortals. 

I'm loving it so far, if we get a proper Chorf release, we could have an army with humans, chorfs AND hobgoblins all in one force! Plus whatever monsters they get.

• Like 1

So Horns of Hashut aren't Dwarfs? That's... odd. It's like having Human cults of the Horned Rat - possible, but definitely not what you think of.

I guess if the Horns and Legionnaires aren't Chorfs though, it's a good sign that they'll be receiving their own Battletome rather than just being folded into StD like this leak initially made a bunch of us come to expect.

"sent forth by the Father of Darkness to claim territories in advance of his marching legions." I certainly hope that's a winkwink nudgenudge.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

Just now, SirSalabean said:

I cannot believe more is leaking. What’s up at gw that so much is slipping out 

Yeah, we've been like half a year whitout any interesting rumour, and now BOOM! two entire battletomes leaked, one 8 months before the official release

It's just bonkers, but I want rats

21 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

@Snorri Nelriksson, it’s seems to me that GW’s has been giving Chaos more of a Middle Eastern/Asian  bent in addition the standard Vikings. My evidence? The Hedonites of Slaanesh range, as well as the Splintered Fang warband.

Yep,i hope that's chorfs will lean more into real Mesopotamian inspiration than the 300 one(which is not real persian inspiration) because slaanesh already seems into tapping that.

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So Horns of Hashut aren't Dwarfs? That's... odd. It's like having Human cults of the Horned Rat - possible, but definitely not what you think of.

I guess if the Horns and Legionnaires aren't Chorfs though, it's a good sign that they'll be receiving their own Battletome rather than just being folded into StD like this leak initially made a bunch of us come to expect.

This is what I was thinking as well, far more likely to recieve their own BT but it does make me think it will be a 4.0 affair.