The Rumour Thread

According to the owner of my LGS, the White Dwarf miniature is just a repackaging of the jumping dragonslayer with a warscroll for AoS. Any of you have heard something similar? The guy who told me is absolutely trustworthy, but I refuse to believe GW would miss such an opportunity with Grombrindal... 

I'd be surprised. That miniature already has a new AoS Warscroll and we've had a few confirmations of it being Khorne.

1 hour ago, Ansuz said:

According to the owner of my LGS, the White Dwarf miniature is just a repackaging of the jumping dragonslayer with a warscroll for AoS. Any of you have heard something similar? The guy who told me is absolutely trustworthy, but I refuse to believe GW would miss such an opportunity with Grombrindal... 

There's too much floating around to say what is what at this point.  Supposedly we're getting 4 models over 4 months, but this is the first we've heard anything about a dragonslayer.  Perhaps he mistook it to be the old model when it is in fact new?

• Like 1

Does anybody know anything about phoenix temple update? They play a big role at the result of the European Summer campaign defending Phoenicium and their models are quite old. I suddenly though they were going to repack them but I haven't read anything suggesting this yet. Am I missing something?

Edited by Ciruelo

There's too much floating around to say what is what at this point.  Supposedly we're getting 4 models over 4 months, but this is the first we've heard anything about a dragonslayer.  Perhaps he mistook it to be the old model when it is in fact new?

No the rumour is four gifts not models. Only the first issue has a model, the second has a comic, other two are possibly tokens, markers etc

Does anybody know anything about phoenix temple update? They play a big role at the result of the European Summer campaign defending Phoenicium and their models are quite old. I suddenly though they were going to repack them but I haven't read anything suggesting this yet. Am I missing something?

I haven't seen anything at all regarding the Pheonix temple.

7 hours ago, Ciruelo said:

I wonder if the Season of War stuff will really make it into the narrative any  time soon. We know GW has a big lead time on producing things, so unless the results really were pre-determined, I don't think they'd be able to incorporate those results into any of next few books released for AoS.

My thoughts are perhaps we'll see war in the other realms taking place in the narrative while the 'season of war rages' in Ghyran. Good time to see what's going on in Shadow and Light while giving GW time to incorporate the results of the Season of War into the future.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

I wonder if the Season of War stuff will really make it into the narrative any  time soon. We know GW has a big lead time on producing things, so unless the results really were pre-determined, I don't think they'd be able to incorporate those results into any of next few books released for AoS.

My thoughts are perhaps we'll see war in the other realms taking place in the narrative while the 'season of war rages' in Ghyran. Good time to see what's going on in Shadow and Light while giving GW time to incorporate the results of the Season of War into the future.

Not sure how much we can believe them on facebook but when I asked about this and said I want to see more devoted of sigmar fluff considering what they have been doing in the season of war. GW said we will hear from them at some point. They said the same thing when people were fawning over the new warrior priest from sliver tower. Here I will pull up the response. 

"we're sure we'll see more of them in future."

Since it's stated the stormcast have been standing around guarding cities and forts and it has been the devoted of sigmar actually cleansing all the nurgle stuff. I assume we are going to see more of the phoenix temple considering they own a city. 

Out of sigmar's forces I hope the devoted of sigmar take front stage in the season of war fluff when they get to it. Cause table top wise they are AMAZING at fighting chaos and fluff wise the undead are really effected by sigmar's light. I mean they have been appearing a lot in the background lately and it would not surprise me if they will be the new "Main" human army for sigmar. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

Out of sigmar's forces I hope the devoted of sigmar take front stage in the season of war fluff when they get to it. Cause table top wise they are AMAZING at fighting chaos and fluff wise the undead are really effected by sigmar's light. I mean they have been appearing a lot in the background lately and it would not surprise me if they will be the new "Main" human army for sigmar. 

This would be an improvement on Empire who rely on their only army that could buff regular shooting attacks through the roof garbage (now the Bonesplitterz have joined this ignominous club....).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nico said:

This would be an improvement on Empire who rely on their only army that could buff regular shooting attacks through the roof garbage (now the Bonesplitterz have joined this ignominous club....).

Agreed,

Honestly I found it surprising myself when reading the season of war pre fluff that the stormcast were standing around guarding cities while the devoted of sigmar were actually crusading around cleansing chaos they even helped clear the surrounding land of Hammerhal Asqha. Even in total war warhammer I am excited to play Volkmar than the "normal" empire stuff. Even as a vampire count/Death fan.

Honestly I felt if they went with the more "sigmarite" theme that volkmar represents the empire would of been a lot more popular in whfb I think. The devoted of sigmar have the "character" to fit in AOS. With the flagellants, warrior priests, war altars and the witch hunters. Possibly if they get an update crusading knights with horses and templars with the parchment that the stormcast and new warrior priests wear along with purity seals. They pop out to me compared to the free guild in my opinion along with the divine magic, which fits the theme of the setting

I dunno it feels like GW are setting them up considering they name dropped them in such a fashion in the season of war pre-fluff. Looking at how many models there are in the group and they function rather well in a unique way they seem to be in the same place sylvaneth were before their update.

They have a decent army as they are now it would not surprise me to see them get a "sylvaneth" treatment some point down the line. Don't get me wrong I like the empire models but they just seem kinda "bland"? 

I am starting a devoted of sigmar army while I wait for a death update their basic fluff, rules and painting them is so much fun. They just seem so unique and just ooze character in my opinion in their rules and the fluff we have seen from them. Plus they also press that hey sigmar is not exactly a nice person either sort of thing. 

Edited by shinros

They just posted on their FB page about Grombrindal returning.

Riddle me this though, has any one confirmed or denied that we're looking at 2 different things:

1.  A free mini with the first copy (physical in shop buy too) - the rumoured AoS existing clampack.

2.  A Free 'White Dwarf' with a White Dwarf years subscription.

?

Nope, it is two different things:

-Free Slaughterpriest with September-issue (confirmed by many retailers)

-The new White Dwarf Model goes up for pre-order tomorrow ($ 20 is what I have read). He is NOT free with WD. Now what I want are images of this dwarf and information about Steamhead!

• Like 2

The interesting thing is that the link is to the subscription for White Dwarf, which suggests to me that he's the free model, along with the coy wording. I agree that it's not definitive.

Would be much happier with a Dwarf as the free model as I'm seeing no role for the Slaughterpriest in my list.

Edited by Nico

5 hours ago, Turgol said:

Nope, it is two different things:

-Free Slaughterpriest with September-issue (confirmed by many retailers)

-The new White Dwarf Model goes up for pre-order tomorrow ($ 20 is what I have read). He is NOT free with WD. Now what I want are images of this dwarf and information about Steamhead!

I suspected something like this.

I am also not 100% given how the White Dwarf is always a bit of a departure from, or maybe a better term is 'above', the style of the dwarfs that are around at the time he's released.

All the same, he might have a few steamhead hint elements.

I think it's still disappointing, no matter how good the Unforged model actually is. GW for years now have been making exclusive White Dwarf models. Maybe they've been burnt a bit with sales on him? Who knows. Just I would've expected something a bit more unique than a repackaged model.

Maybe it's a clue that the Unforged won't stick around in the Dispossessed line (He is a bit of a stranger in an army full of metal clad dwarves, but doesn't quite fit into the Fyreslayer aesthetic either).

Why is everbody assuming that it is the unforged repackaged? Why are others so confident that it will be the slaughterpriest? Thb, i doubt that either the unforged or the slaughterpriest will be the model. It will be a grombrindal likely given that his teaser links to the subscription. It wont be one theve released before, seeing as they said as much in the leadup. And i really doubt they would just release an old slayer model and call it grombrindal, that would be ridiculous, they dont look anything alike.