The Rumour Thread

It does look like thats it for this year. Weve got shadespire (still not out for 2 weeks!!), followed by the skelly and ironjaw warbands, then in november necromunda is out along with nids and aeldari iirc, so id expect no more than the other 4 shadespire warbands. In december theyll hopefully do some army boxes (last years were fantastic) and if were really lucky we might get some stuff (thousand sons were released in december last year, first time weve had a proper release in december for... decades i think!) but i wouldnt count on it.

So january it is - we had arcanites, tzeentch daemons and vanguard chamber in quick succession at the start of this year so hopefully we'll see something similar in 2018. I wonder what the new stormcast chamber will be ;)

6 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

It does look like thats it for this year. Weve got shadespire (still not out for 2 weeks!!), followed by the skelly and ironjaw warbands, then in november necromunda is out along with nids and aeldari iirc, so id expect no more than the other 4 shadespire warbands. In december theyll hopefully do some army boxes (last years were fantastic) and if were really lucky we might get some stuff (thousand sons were released in december last year, first time weve had a proper release in december for... decades i think!) but i wouldnt count on it.

So january it is - we had arcanites, tzeentch daemons and vanguard chamber in quick succession at the start of this year so hopefully we'll see something similar in 2018. I wonder what the new stormcast chamber will be ;)

I guess it will be some heretics Stormcast... but not from Chaos, but Death...

If I am not wrong im one of the books, one Lord Relictor has a brother within Death, and we know that each time they are reforged they lose a part of their souls.

The Vandus Heresy....

3 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Wait, did we only get 3 armies this year? 2 really and a add on to a already established army.

Didn't the Kharadron Overlords come out this year as well?  I seriously don't remember, but I do know that it was a cold rainy day when I picked up my copy of their Battletome, so it was before this summer.

27 minutes ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Didn't the Kharadron Overlords come out this year as well?  I seriously don't remember, but I do know that it was a cold rainy day when I picked up my copy of their Battletome, so it was before this summer.

Kharadron Overlords, Blades of Khorne, Stormcasts.. 

Thats it right? 

4 hours ago, Alcina said:

I guess it will be some heretics Stormcast... but not from Chaos, but Death...

If I am not wrong im one of the books, one Lord Relictor has a brother within Death, and we know that each time they are reforged they lose a part of their souls.

The Vandus Heresy....

Death Stormcasts sounds like a better idea than Chaos Stormcast. 

• Like 3

Well blades of khorne and stormcast don't really count... they realised they forgot the traits and things they were prepping for ghb17 so smashed everything together, not really a new release, 

So just Tzeentch and karadon overlords really, and they were very close together.

So thats 2 armies. For The year.... There's been alot of empty weeks I've noticed tbh, alot of boxed games, 2? Months of 40k and feels like 8 weeks of deathguard...

2018 needs to be better 

Edited by Arkiham
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well I'd still count SCE release as proper new army release since it had at least 4 brand new kits but yeah, it isn't looking too good. Still hoping that gw is merely witholding nurgle release info and they'll come before end of the year (Nurglmas?).

What kinda annoys me though is that gw hasn't even made these faction re-releases with new battletome (like bcr, bonesplitterz, etc.) this year. Sure, that ghb17 helped to flesh out many factions but getting proper battletomes would still be nice. Not to mention complete lack of campaign books.

• Like 1

What the flip? Just after Blightwar we recieved Firestorm, before that we recieved GH2017 and continue to recieve a bunch of great deals in army sets and the like. To date it's still easy to get a great combo deal thanks to Warhammer Skirmish and somehow everybody forgets about Path to Glory, Warhammer Quest releases and Warhammer Underworlds, all containing models who can be used in AoS.

I guess this is what happens when GW speeds up the release machine and slows it down for just a moment for AoS... There was a time where there where no combo deals to obtain your armies, there was a time where 2 army books per system a year was seen as regular. Now it's never enough... 

Then again maby I'm the only one with a limit to what I can actually spend on my hobby :) 

Uhm back to rumours? :o 

Here's some WU: Shadespire information:
- Full art cards have been spotted for Shadespire release events.
- Sleeves for the Stormcast and Bloodreaver Warband will be on pre-order soon. $8
- Hints have been given that Shadespire will become GW's first "pushed" competitive organized event.
The organized play will go in effect around January 2018.

So if you want to show your the very best, Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire is a game specifically created for that.

Edited by Killax
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Arkiham said:

2018 needs to be better 

Well we can always hope. ;) But to be honest i'm hugely excited how much love the realms have been given. 

11 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Well blades of khorne and stormcast don't really count... they realised they forgot the traits and things they were prepping for ghb17 so smashed everything together, not really a new release, 

If you want to dress it up that way you could. I would argue they were busy with the traits etc but decided their two main (marketing) factions should get some extra love (with the new Vanguard models). They didn't make that effort for the other updated factions, and that would have been great but all the time spend on those releases took them time not spend elsewhere. So again, even if it doesn't match your expectation of a release, it's the time investment on their part that counts. 

I think it has been a great year so far. It has taken the game of AoS from a single mode (well technically three of course) game to a game with all sorts of playmodes, add ons, variations and options. They released Skirmish, Path to Glory, GHB2017 and Firestorm. Not to mention ghb2017 contained the factions that got abilities, traits and artifacts, full points review, siege rules, new battleplans and i'm sure i'm forgetting stuff. Then you have two faction releases with a lot of/all new models, Kahadron Overlords and Disciples of Tzeentch and extensive updates for the poster boys (with the new vangaurd models!). And a new two faction starter set with two new characters fitting the story arc.

Nah, GW is doing good and this is likely the best year in the hobby for me (except the first of course, everything was new then ;) ). And there is no way anyone has already played all these updates to death. (which is incidentally the only thing I think they should have prioritised more)

just remembered shadespire and blood bowl. Kind of count?

Edited by Kramer
spelling error & the damned autocorrect when it thinks you're typing in your native language :S
  • Like 1

For me this year has shown that they can churn out tons of rules no problem, to the extent that i cant keep up. Ive tried skirmish, gave path to glory a miss as locals wont play, love the updated handbook, gave firestorm a miss as locals wont play, and will skip shadespire as, altho it looks awesome, itll distract me from pure AoS/40k.

We're currently in the longest gap between army book releases AoS has yet had. I know it sounds a bit entitled, but for me the new army books boost my inspiration and productivity a ton, so i value these above all other releases. 

Roll on 2018 i guess!

I'm salty about goblins having no battletomes or abilities of their own, but acknowledge that GW have churned out a lot of good content this year (it's the reason I got into this again). And I don't mean just books and models - the online content has been fantastic both in terms of social media comms and video games and Twitch e-sports (I listen to Warhammer TV battle commentary in the car). 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Isn't Firestorm technically a campaign book(at least along side a box of campaign stuff)?

Not really, its not part of the official campaign line, plus you can't buy just the book. 

(I'm thinking more in line with the incredibly great Realmgate wars books)

37 minutes ago, chord said:

Not really, its not part of the official campaign line, plus you can't buy just the book. 

(I'm thinking more in line with the incredibly great Realmgate wars books)

It feels like a campaign to me. A glorious one. Its basically Total War in cardboard form. 

I think GW is just really experimenting with campaigns as we speak. We've recieved several non-Army specific supplements and I do think Firestorm really adds to the game. Even more now it's clearified that it's use is there for any kind of play. 

What I am still very much looking forward to (desperatly trying to push the subject to rumours again) is the upcomming Grand Allegiance Heralds.

Dark powers stir in the Mortal Realms. Malign Portents is a major event for Warhammer Age of Sigmar players, and it’s on the way in 2018. There will be big things coming both for the narrative of the setting and for matched play gamers.

There will be new models on the way for this release too, the first of which we can show you today. Introducing – the Knight of Shrouds:

Malign-Portents2-370x500.jpg

It’s been a little while since we’ve seen a new Death model for Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Patience is rewarded though – we hadn’t forgotten about you. Alongside this Herald of Nagash, each of the other three Grand Alliances will also be getting a powerful new hero.

And what lead me to another interesting find is that this Icon from Shadespire is actually called/linked as the symbol for Deathrattle.

Shadespire_DeathrattleSymbolWeb.pngLink is: https://warhammerunderworlds.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/09/Shadespire_DeathrattleSymbolWeb .png

What this could lead to is Battletome Deathrattle not even being that far away from us. However I also deem it still very possible that it´s pushed back to January 2018. Rumour also has it that Shadespire´s official Organized Play launch will be around that time, which seems just in time to give Age of Sigmar another push aswell.

With this in mind though December 2017 is still a mistery to me. We know that 40K will continue to recieve their books but other than that and Astra Militarum releases the open past spoiler photo´s still seem to indicate something Death-ish to me.

Lastly Halloween is obviously around the corner and also the perfect day to annouce anything ghoulish, vampiric and thus Death related...

6 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

It seems the deathrattle shadespire models will also be used in AOS, so thats about 4 models in total new? The reaper model is the clear favourite on other fora. Imagine the rend on a unit of those! (especially against grass-type enemies) 

Well the Shadespire Sepulchral Guard Warband has 7 (new) unique models. It's the largest Warband :) 

It was Ben Johnson who confirmed on live stream, when talking about Blightwar, that there will be no new campaign books in Realmgate Wars style. There will be new, different style campaign books though as they want to experiment with those releases and try some new formats.

This is all IIRC though as it was some time ago. I am almost certain as this was in one of my biggest interest on this stream.

• Sad 1