The Rumour Thread

15 hours ago, someone2040 said:

It's in the same vein that in all the artwork you see in the battletomes, you never see something GW doesn't want you to see. You don't see any art of the factions that haven't played a role in AoS to date (So no Free Peoples, Aelves of various kinds, Ogors, etc).

Not sure if this counts but I don't think the Dwarves other than KO have gotten too big of a role in AoS to date but this is a panel for Disciples of Tzeentch

Warhammer age of sigmar artwork illustration art disciples of tzeentch battletome 14.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

Hello , wanted to say a thing, don't know if it is a rumour or not:

Guo and epidemius aren't available for all the europe and US. Still on in Australia. What do you think?

Well I do hope that I am wrong on this one, but its probably just due to both being repacked into AOS boxes. And.... hmm maybe not since both are online exclusives and isn't delivered in a signature box anyway. Thats interesting since both of these models already contain round bases too so I guess there really is no need for a repack for these guys. 

19 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Well I do hope that I am wrong on this one, but its probably just due to both being repacked into AOS boxes. And.... hmm maybe not since both are online exclusives and isn't delivered in a signature box anyway. Thats interesting since both of these models already contain round bases too so I guess there really is no need for a repack for these guys. 

Trey cannot possibly be releasing so many new nurgle units for 40k, as well as releasing a new LoC and BT to make a mockery out of grandfather with a pathetic looking GUO next to those two models. He must be what, a third of the height? While as described in AoS novels, a GUO is mountainous... 

even if the pay are reboxing him, I beg it is only short term anyways. 

1 minute ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Trey cannot possibly be releasing so many new nurgle units for 40k, as well as releasing a new LoC and BT to make a mockery out of grandfather with a pathetic looking GUO next to those two models. He must be what, a third of the height? While as described in AoS novels, a GUO is mountainous... 

even if the pay are reboxing him, I beg it is only short term anyways. 

I think that the Nurgle Battletome might indeed come after Shadespire and the like. I also believe that once we see the Nurgle Bloodbowl team it will be a good indication that more Nurgle fun is to come.
However I do want to say it's certainly possible for them to release so many new units for 40K and have AoS not be part of that. Khorne Bloodbound models are awesome but not have been any insentive for GW to update their 'mortal Khorne' 40K line for example.
While the Daemons are indeed used for both systems the mortals are not and updating one Chaos army doesn't mean the crossover to other Chaos armies is always there.  

6 minutes ago, Killax said:

I think that the Nurgle Battletome might indeed come after Shadespire and the like. I also believe that once we see the Nurgle Bloodbowl team it will be a good indication that more Nurgle fun is to come.
However I do want to say it's certainly possible for them to release so many new units for 40K and have AoS not be part of that. Khorne Bloodbound models are awesome but not have been any insentive for GW to update their 'mortal Khorne' 40K line for example.
While the Daemons are indeed used for both systems the mortals are not and updating one Chaos army doesn't mean the crossover to other Chaos armies is always there.  

True! But we did just get "blightwar," which doesn't mean anything either, but all I'm saying is there are not one, but several hints towards something bigger than just reboxing, I believe. Just speculations tho. ?

7 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

True! But we did just get "blightwar," which doesn't mean anything either, but all I'm saying is there are not one, but several hints towards something bigger than just reboxing, I believe. Just speculations tho. ?

I'm certain there will be one, I'm even certain the sculpts are ready and likely so have been the production lines in asia however what Im less certain about is when GW will  release it. The only indication we've recieved when really new models arrive is when GW makes a video for it. Which hasn't happened yet for AoS Nurgle other than Blightwar. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Killax said:

I'm certain there will be one, I'm even certain the sculpts are ready and likely so have been the production lines in asia 

Are you talking about hardback rulebooks? Because I'm pretty sure GW's minis are manufactured in Blighty. O.o

Spoiler

o94Eo2V.jpg

1 hour ago, Killax said:

. I also believe that once we see the Nurgle Bloodbowl team it will be a good indication that more Nurgle fun is to come.

Blood Bowl is produced by a separate studio and should have little to no impact on main line GW releases for AoS.

8 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Are you talking about hardback rulebooks? Because I'm pretty sure GW's minis are manufactured in Blighty. O.o

Reveal hidden contents

o94Eo2V.jpg

Blood Bowl is produced by a separate studio and should have little to no impact on main line GW releases for AoS.

Books, cards, yeah the things Nurgle wants/needs to become a "complete" faction basically. As above I think the designs might be ready but we certainly dont have any promotional information/teasers to know the market release. The models for Nurgle allready are sufficient to make it an army ;)

Could very well be that they have no impact but promothing "fantasy Nurgle" at the same time also seems a logical marketing step. 

In general I think many Factions dont really need tons of new models but love new game content. Gh2017 filled in a lot of that. 

Going by Death Guard art I do think its possible that well see plastic Beasts of Nurgle alongside with a new GUO and maby Pestigors. Though if it was on the horizon wed also see a promotional video.

I picked up Blightwar and I like it a lot but the book is really sparse.  The bit of backstory they give is fun and I like the wheel o' decay but it is hardly even a hold-over for a proper Nurgle Battletome.

At the moment, Nurgle have an amazing set of miniatures available (especially as long as those few noted in previous posts do not become unavailable).   40K is seeing a lot of Nurgle love at the moment but I am not sure how that will fully translate over to AoS releases.  I feel that Blightwar might have been a roll-over effect for those that play both systems or a bone-thrown for those of us who just play AoS.

In terms of miniatures, Nurgle really are only lacking some Pestigors, some Mortal Followers, new Beasts, and the Great Unclean One.  Yes, more than that would be awesome... Nurgle engines of war, Calvary beyond Drones, etc. but honestly, their releases are all pretty up to date and great looking (and I still am looking to potentially convert Moratarion as a Demon Prince but his price tag is going to have me hold off for now).

What Nurgle really needs however is a new Battletome.  Between the new GHB, Blightwar, FW, and FAQ Nurgle has been rendered into nearly four different forces that don't necessarily play well with each other unless using the Grand Alliance.  His forces also lack artefacts and while the wheel o' decay is in essence an allegiance ability, it is not exactly the same thing as a hero driven ability (perhaps it will prove better though, I think it will take  a few games to get into the cycle and changes that take place each turn).

I was not planning on playing Nurgle but I got sucked in by the Blightwar box which not only supplements the Stormcast that I got in the original AoS boxset into a really nice force (loving the griffon charger models, they are really well done) as well as getting me started on a Nurgle force.  I really do not want to keep collecting/painting Plague Bearers though.  I want to paint Mortal chaos warriors of Nurgle and Pestigors and some of those big guys like the Glotkin.

• Like 2

Nico just posted this in another thread but the WH community article sheds some light on Nurgle's not-so-divided forces

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/14/starting-a-nurgle-army-with-blightwar-sep14gw-homepage-post-2/

Going to have some fun putting together different combinations of Decay.  I do wish they had put an even 1000 point army in Blightwar though.

'As well as saving you some money, this set provides you with a Herald of Nurgle, providing some much needed magical support to the army' from the Blightwar article.

Eh.. since when or how does Heralds provide magical support? 

Btw. Interesting that this article doesn't answer the one 'Nurgle faction vs alliance ability question' that everyones been asking in here and on FB. 

Also interesting that Beasts are not suggested as a support for Horticulux.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

'As well as saving you some money, this set provides you with a Herald of Nurgle, providing some much needed magical support to the army' from the Blightwar article.

Eh.. since when or how does Heralds provide magical support?

When I read that part, I had to scroll back up to make sure I was actually reading an AoS article and not a 40k article. In 40k the Herald of Nurgle is actually a wizard and have a decent aura-buff (+1STR). Is this a mistake in the article or will we see the Daemons of Nurgle warscrolls more closely reflect their 40k counterparts?

I hope so, because the Herald of Nurgle in 40k great compared to the very lackluster AoS version :-)

36 minutes ago, Galas said:

There are strong rumours that after this Death Guard release, we will see a Daemons of Nurgle release, with a Nurgle battletome for February 2018.  I don't remember if hastings or Lady Atia said it, I don't have the quote/post at hand now.

I really hope so. Feb is such a long time away though :/

26 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

When I read that part, I had to scroll back up to make sure I was actually reading an AoS article and not a 40k article. In 40k the Herald of Nurgle is actually a wizard and have a decent aura-buff (+1STR). Is this a mistake in the article or will we see the Daemons of Nurgle warscrolls more closely reflect their 40k counterparts?

I hope so, because the Herald of Nurgle in 40k great compared to the very lackluster AoS version :-)

Yeah its super lame. It sounds like they will make heralds wizards, which is super needed. Nurgle overall needs a ton of work.
- Glottkin is weird. Why is he not a Daemon? Why doesn't he have DR? Does anybody even know how Horrific Opponent even works?? He needs much more given the fact he can't take artifacts or allegiance.
- Plaguebearers do nothing. They need more rules. 
- Drones are armed with a bunch of wet noodles. They are pretty good near a Nurgle hero, but the mortal wound thing should just be innate so its not so clumsy.
- Daemon Prince getting +1 save is lame. He should have DR.
- Nurglings do nothing 
- GUO & Beasts desperately need rule updates almost as much as model updates.
- Epidemius is actually pretty cool but his model is terrible
- Blightkings are decent but desperately need support for survivablity and damage. Its such an awesome kit with a million options reduced to "blighted weapon". They can do so much more with the rules. Why are there shields with no shield rules??
- Gutrot is cool but he lacks any synergy
- Sorcerer needs to get close but lack DR and only has a 5+ save
- Lord of Plagues is terrible
- Its awesome that you can take a Verminlord Corruptor, but he is consistently disappointing. 

Festus and Harbinger are great, and the Maggoth Lords are cool, but its not enough to hold up an army. The entire army needs to be seriously rewritten to be relevant. 40k Nurgle daemons are a boatload more fun, and there is a million CSM 'daemons' for synergy. The DG codex is amazing with a million awesome, fun things. There are a few ways to make a decent army in AoS, but so much of it is complete trash atm. I have most of the models, and want to use them, but they are simply not fun to play. I'm hoping for some serious changes with a new tome. 

Edited by WoollyMammoth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

[...]

- Glottkin is weird. Why is he not a Daemon? Why doesn't he have DR? Does anybody even know how Horrific Opponent even works?? He needs much more given the fact he can't take artifacts or allegiance.
[...]

Going over the strenghts and weaknesses of the current Nurgle Daemon/Rotbringers choices is going to be a lenghty discussion unfit for the rumour thread, but I just wanted to address one thing.

Glottkin is not one guy.

It is three brothers, the Glott brothers, hence Glottkin. So if the Blight kings or Rotbringer sorcerers are not daemons then I don't see why the two smaller brothers should be either. Still I can see why the bigger brother could be classified as a daemon for sure.

Anyways I hope all these smaller pieces turn out to be a Nurgle daemon release after the Death Guard have had their hour to shine. This is the year of Nurgle after all, right? :-)

• Like 1

@Spiky Norman 
Ghurk Glott is clearly a daemon, in the same way a mortal who turns into a daemon prince is a daemon (and has the daemon keyword). Any model riding on a daemonic mount has the daemon keyword (Harbinger of Decay, Hellstriders/Lord of Slaanesh on mount, etc) even when the rider is mortal. Whether or not a Maggoth is a daemon is debatable, it could be some kind of ugly mortal beast. But if Ghurk is not a daemon .. I don't know what is. 

Edited by WoollyMammoth
  • Like 1

So the mentioning of the Harry Potter Herald might be some sort of freudian slip/hint about the future of Nurgle?

What is most frustrating about all of these reveals, articles, art and even the blightwar box release is that they each indicate that something is about to happen for Nurgle in AOS however each bit could also indicate that the Nurgle make-over wont be happening for a looong time and the article and the Blightwar box is meant as means of keeping fans sattisfied.

I have actually reached a point with this where The waiting part is all fine but keeping us in the dark is slowly getting annoying. Not knowing if it make sense to start saving up money or if I should just go ahead and start painting my GUO, building beasts, converting Pox Walkers, building A new Epidimius etc.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WoollyMammoth said:

@Spiky Norman 
Ghurk Glott is clearly a daemon, in the same way a mortal who turns into a daemon prince is a daemon (and has the daemon keyword). Any model riding on a daemonic mount has the daemon keyword (Harbinger of Decay, Hellstriders/Lord of Slaanesh on mount, etc) even when the rider is mortal. Whether or not a Maggoth is a daemon is debatable, it could be some kind of ugly mortal beast. But if Ghurk is not a daemon .. I don't know what is. 

I consider him to be more of a textbook example for a particularly strong Chaos Spawn really.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I consider him to be more of a textbook example for a particularly strong Chaos Spawn really.

his fluffy rule in 8th edition about eating things and pooping out spawn would be epic in AOS. ( as long as they were free ) 

love to know why nurgles rot isnt on every nurgle hero.. 

5 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

@Spiky Norman 

None of the Khorne mortal stuff riding a juggernaught has the daemon key word which pokes a hole in that theory pretty quickly.

@Tanka 
Not every chaos mount is daemonic. Juggernauts are kind of like machines made by daemonic forges, but lack the inherent daemonic properties of an actual daemon. The lore suggests they are daemonic but none of them have a daemon keyword, so they are simply not daemons. Ghurk is clearly not a machine, he is some kind of daemon prince-esque monster. The lore simply suggests he is "mutated" but he looks like a daemon so its pretty silly.