The Rumour Thread

So the pre-orders for next week are the terrible 40k supplement and the epic blood bowl Frankenstein’s monster. Expected, after a release like Dominion GW’s gotta wind down for a week or so. What’s REALLY intriguing is the Saturday preview! Hopefully we’ll be seeing the rest of the new Orks, cause the models they’ve already shown off are great conversion material.

3 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

So the pre-orders for next week are the terrible 40k supplement and the epic blood bowl Frankenstein’s monster. Expected, after a release like Dominion GW’s gotta wind down for a week or so. What’s REALLY intriguing is the Saturday preview! Hopefully we’ll be seeing the rest of the new Orks, cause the models they’ve already shown off are great conversion material.

Link please.

58 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

According to the map legend at the bottom of that article New York City and Berlin are in the same time zone.

24 minutes ago, Still-young said:

We already knew about that one (it was mentioned in the article for yesterday’s), I think KingBrodd meant another one later where we might see the rest of the Kruleboyz/Stormcast stuff. The one on Saturday is just 40k stuff. 

Yeah mate I didnt even realise they were doing a 40K one. I enjoy seeing Xenos get new minis so I'll check it out for the Orky goodness and there may be a Tyranid or two in there as well judging from recent Rumour Engines.

RE-3-9-2021.jpg

1625419229674.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Thank you, also does the fact that the three slaanesh aligned war bands are getting rules mean anything? or am I just being desperate for new EC stuff so I can start kit bashing my bosozuko/polynesian/arabian nights chaos space marines?Va60JUbf870L2ARR.jpg.f9bf623b72d15cd7de15137bb3cabc28.jpg

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri

7 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Thank you, also does the fact that the three slaanesh aligned war bands are getting rules mean anything? or am I just being desperate for new EC stuff so I can start kit bashing my bosozuko/polynesian/arabian nights chaos space marines?Va60JUbf870L2ARR.jpg.f9bf623b72d15cd7de15137bb3cabc28.jpg

I wish, but they’re all factions that have rules anyway, just collected in one book. 

1 minute ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Dang, aw well just means I can hold off on my first Forgeworld purpose for a while(I have an epic Doomrider conversion brewing in my head).

Emperors Children must be coming at some point (although I feel like I’ve been telling myself that for about 3 years now). 

33 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

That's cause we all have, it's become the squats/plastic sisters meme. 

Nah, that's Plastic Krieg.

"Greatcoat Guard are just around the corner guys, my dad's friend's sister's cousin who works for Games Workshop's cafeteria said so!" 

23 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

8070df2c09197e01a0732d8b294a0f9c.jpg

First person to paint them using a Brian Froud (one of the lead designers for the Labyrinth and Dark Crystal) colour palette will have my gratitude. I grew up with his art books and they really inspired much of how I imagine fantasy worlds. ♥️

I sort of ended up in that neighbourhood today. I was going for a more John Howe/ Alan Lee palette but this is how it ended up20210704_192353.jpg.0789bcfcda0593533b0767d6e81863f6.jpg

20210704_192332.jpg

20210704_192403.jpg

• Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 6

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate enter Golden Daemon!!

Ha very kind of you but the thought of it gives me conniptions.

I'm just happy messing around at my table and being part of the incredibly talented and creative artistic community that is comprised of anyone who puts paint to a miniature. That's what its always been about for me 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Nah, that's Plastic Krieg.

"Greatcoat Guard are just around the corner guys, my dad's friend's sister's cousin who works for Games Workshop's cafeteria said so!" 

Funny you say that. That may actually be true this time. There's credible rumors and the banner for Saturday's preview shows a Kreigsman. 

image.png

• Like 2

Well I was hoping for a teaser video at the end showing a peek at a grungni faction dwarf but impressive new things none the less. The Kruleboyz models are really disturbing - in a very good way. The Skumdrekk in particular is amazing and the Sloggoth will give me nightmares  .. There must still be a few kit left to reveal though.. but very happy for green skin fans.

More promising is the Octarius sector 40k hints.. hoping for a Nid or two... claws crossed...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nos said:

I sort of ended up in that neighbourhood today. I was going for a more John Howe/ Alan Lee palette but this is how it ended up20210704_192353.jpg.0789bcfcda0593533b0767d6e81863f6.jpg

20210704_192332.jpg

20210704_192403.jpg

Honestly my friend, no words to express how much I enjoyed seeing that. ❤️ 

In a similar vein to my love of Brian Froud my childhood edition of LOTR was illustrated by Alan Lee. So you are hitting all the right spots with that paint job. 

These capture the essence of how I imagine orcs!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 minutes ago, Benkei said:

EC are Slaaneshi. Slaanesh is GW's number 1 enemy. Therefore we shall have no EC. 

I mean, in terms of writing decent rules, sure. But in terms of model releases? After getting like, 8-9 new kits in the last year alone? When loads of armies haven’t even had one? Like I see your sentiment man but cmon

• Like 5