The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Siphon said:

Both of the starter set armies have what looks like the equivalent of an Oldhammer BSB. Aside from Khorne and Seraphon do any other armies have something like this?  

Wonder if this is a trend that will continue.

Fyreslayers definitely also have a Battle Standard Bearer hero who is tasked with reciting the legends and history of the Lodge to inspire his fellows in battle - cannot for the life of me remember the name of the unit off the top of my head though. So there's some precedent for it.

Is there any chance Kruleboyz will get something like warg riders and non-leader trolls/monsters? I really wanna start playing them, but I'm not sure how many additional units they will receive considering they are under orruk warclans.. any thoughts?

They said on the website:"Keep an eye out for more news on both the Stormcast Eternals and Kruleboyz. Both armies are ready to be used on their own straight out of Dominion or mixed into your existing collections, but these models are just the tip of the iceberg.

I just don't wanna miss on the box because the value is really good so I feel it's kinda blind shot for me. 

Edited by Hellberg

Cavalry doesn’t seem implausible. There’s still a rumour engine or two that are visibly Kruleboys but haven’t been revealed yet.

Nighthaunt got about half a dozen additional unique kits besides the Soul Wars content, so I would certainly expect more stuff for these guys besides the two additional kits we’ve seen. Some sort of Boghound Cavalry or dudes riding Lesser Gnashtooths seems like an obvious one.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hellberg said:

Is there any chance Kruleboyz will get something like warg riders and non-leader trolls/monsters? I really wanna start playing them, but I'm not sure how many additional units they will receive considering they are under orruk warclans.. any thoughts?

They said on the website:"Keep an eye out for more news on both the Stormcast Eternals and Kruleboyz. Both armies are ready to be used on their own straight out of Dominion or mixed into your existing collections, but these models are just the tip of the iceberg.

I just don't wanna miss on the box because the value is really good so I feel it's kinda blind shot for me. 

To give some context, the Nighthaunt were in a very similar position. They got their own battletome but they could also be used in legions of Nagash. They received 8 kits that were not represented in the core box. I expect the Kruleboyz to receive a similar number of kits. There a pretty high chance we will see some kind of cavalry option. 

• Like 4

I fully expect to see GW flesh this new army out faster rather than slower. They will be the new poster-army alongside Stormcast and a core focus of the 3.0 release. So I expect them to get a fairly chunky release of new models. This won't be like Ossiarchs with only a handful of models at launch. This will likely be several months of releases spread out and a fairly chunky diverse force. AT least that's what I'd expect after Indomitus and 2.0 editions. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

I fully expect to see GW flesh this new army out faster rather than slower. They will be the new poster-army alongside Stormcast and a core focus of the 3.0 release. So I expect them to get a fairly chunky release of new models. This won't be like Ossiarchs with only a handful of models at launch. This will likely be several months of releases spread out and a fairly chunky diverse force. AT least that's what I'd expect after Indomitus and 2.0 editions. 

Seeing how well Nighthaunt and Khorne got treated before, I wouldn't worry about the new Orruks. There will be lots of nice stuff for them and SC. Also new scenery seems to be in the cards!

I really like the Kev Adams call back in the designs
Screenshot_2021-05-29_at_23_39_28.png.3d7f8b6d174e0d4ab8a64ea011525f27.pngScreenshot_2021-05-29_at_21_51_07.png.908cc73e9db7e23090c4f2662c235a74.png

As for the shields not looking like Kragnos well these guys have never seen Kragnos in the flesh so what you're seeing is the Kruleboy interpretation of him.

• Like 13
  • LOVE IT! 3

Personally I’m most excited seeing these dudes get some WHU representation. The Gutrippas might be my favourite minis of this but I can’t justify getting a ton of them. Whatever ETB painting kit examples come out might be fun too.

That said, with the focus shifting to Ghur and WHU having spent the last two years in Ghur, who knows what will happen.

• Like 1

I see the coming of Kragos as being the catalyst for the KB going on the warpath. 

They like all orruks, ogors and gargants feel his call like a war drum beating in their souls. 

Dont forget most have never seen him, just dream visions or portents in clouds, like the very first broken realms story. 

It doesn't mean they don't worship gorkamorka anymore, just they are answering the call to waaaaagh. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I see the coming of Kragos as being the catalyst for the KB going on the warpath. 

They like all orruks, ogors and gargants feel his call like a war drum beating in their souls. 

Dont forget most have never seen him, just dream visions or portents in clouds, like the very first broken realms story. 

It doesn't mean they don't worship gorkamorka anymore, just they are answering the call to waaaaagh. 

Man I envy them. I whish i had never seen Kragnos either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

In general I find that people are applying monotheistic world view to various AOS armies. It is true that most armies seem to have a patron God but that does not preclude the belief in other Gods... especially as they may have encountered them personally. This isn't a world in which people have to identify purely with a single god or faith (not that ours is either). Keep in mind that the Gods aren't purely metaphysical beings here and their existences do not refute the existence of others. I feel like the new Edition will see the pantheons expand and the lore will likely better reflect pantheistic faiths. We are already starting to see the seeds being sown in Hysh and Shyish. Clearly the Stormcast see Sigmar as the supreme leader of the Gods but they will fight alongside the followers of other Gods and, alongside the rest of Azyr, owe a massive debt of gratitude to Grungi. Morathi opened the door to powerful characters obtaining Godhood and there is a chance we will see more of that. I am hoping we see a similar ascent for Valaya and some more Duardin Gods. I feel like Sigmar works as the defacto Human God with a bit of a Sol Invictus vibe. I feel like Sigmar has a lot of monotheistic followers that are flagrantly refusing to believe that the Gods of Magic and Death just had a massive battle outside their front window. Nagash also seems to propagate a monotheistic faith in his own favour. Also we have the KO who scorn the worship of gods as they feel the gods had turned their backs on them.

If anything Kragnos is tied to the belief in Gorkamorka as his shield chipped Gorkamorka's tooth. I am willing to bet that Destruction will fill out it's own animistic pantheon under Gorkamorka, maybe taking a cue from Kragnos and being Godbeasts based around natural disasters. Some cool ideas could be an Ogroid god of Blizzards, a massive Kraken God of Floods, a Draconian God of Eruptions or a Bellowing Titan to be the God of Hurricanes. I also think this would be a good reason to introduce King Brodd for @KingBrodd, and make him the God of Hype!

Finally the Gods of Chaos are a much more metaphysical set of beings that are likely more familiar to the faiths in our own world, only a massive and negative corruption of them. But even in Chaos worship it is not a clear cut pantheistic or monotheistic practice of worship. There are cults around champions such as Archaon and Be'Lakor and also people worshipping aspects of the Chaos Gods unknowingly such as the Warcry warbands. Some follow a single Chaos god and others will chose to worship all four, whereas others may see them as manifested aspects of the truly unknowable force of Chaos, which is my preferred version of the story. In terms of the game I think it is best to never truly represent the literal embodiments of the Chaos Gods merely their demonic avatars and 'mortal' champions. 

So in other words, I agree with you and do not see following Kragnos and Gorkamorka to be a conflict of interest, it is merely an example of game recognizing game. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 2

It‘s somewhat hilarious and somewhat sad that one or two lines said on stream by presenters that have repeatedly put out wrong information gets this board so angry.

The only thing that‘s mentioned to be styled after Kragnos explicitly is the Belcha-Banna, and even then there‘s an annotation saying it doesn‘t look much like him. However, no orruk or greenskin or deity has been depicted with horns previously so there‘s at least one point of similarity.

So maybe just relax for a bit, wait for the battletome and take a step back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AngryPanda said:

What do you guys think are the chances of seeing a more elite version of the Gutrippa battleline? Something more akin to the killaboss in ascetics, but smaller; the Orruk Brute equivalents for the Kruelboyz. 

Well it's verry likely that the army will also have non battle line units So  i would say HIGH. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

In general I find that people are applying monotheistic world view to various AOS armies. It is true that most armies seem to have a patron god but that does not preclude the belief in other gods... especially as they may have encountered them personally. This isn't a world in which people have to identify purely with a single god or faith (not that ours is either). Keep in mind that the Gods aren't purely metaphysical beings here and their existences do not refute the existence of others. I feel like the new Edition will see the pantheon's expand and the lore will likely better reflect pantheistic faiths. We are already starting to see the seeds being sown in Hysh and Shyish. Clearly the Stormcast see Sigmar as the supreme leader of the gods but they will fight alongside the followers of other gods and alongside the rest of Azyr owe a massive debt of gratitude to Grungi. Morathi opened the door to powerful character obtaining Godhood and there is a chance we will see more of that. I am hoping we see a similar ascent for Valaya and some more Duardin Gods. I feel like Sigmar works as the defacto Human God with a bit of a Sol Invictus vibe. I feel like Sigmar has a lot of monotheistic followers that are flagrantly refusing to believe that the Gods of Magic and Death just had a massive battle outside their window. Nagash also seems to propagate a monotheistic faith in his favour. Also we have the KO who scorn the worship of Gods as they feel the Gods had turned their backs on them.

If anything Kragnos is tied to the belief in Gorkamorka as his shield chipped Gorkamorka's tooth. I am willing to bet that Destruction will fill out it's own animistic pantheon under Gorkamorka, maybe taking a cue from Kragnos and being Godbeasts based around natural disasters. Some cool ideas could be an Ogroid god of Blizzards, a massive Kraken God of Floods, a Draconian God of Eruptions or a Bellowing Titan to be the God of Hurricanes. 

Finally the Gods of Chaos are a much more metaphysical set of beings that are likely more familiar to the faiths in our own world, only a massive and negative corruption of them. But even in Chaos worship it is not a clear cut pantheistic or monotheistic practice of worship. There are cults around champions such as Archaon and Be'Lakor and also people worshipping aspects of the Chaos Gods unknowingly such as the Warcry warbands. Some follow a single Chaos god and others will chose to worship all four whereas others may see them as manifested aspects of the truly unknowable force of Chaos, which is my preferred version of the story.

So in other words, I agree with you and do not see following Kragnos and Gorkamorka to be a conflict of interest, it is merely an example of game recognizing game. 

Building on this, we already see in the lore and the novels the idea of most people accepting a Pantheon
In the Spear of Shadows, the Free Cities are places where not only are the different facets and forms of the gods worshipped (there is a comment about how Sigmar-as-God-King, Sigmar-as-Barbarian-Warrior and the likes are all semi-independent divine concepts) but also where Nagash-Morr and Nagash-the-Child are openly worshipped - the devotees who seem to venerate Nagash /above/ the other gods are given a fair bit of side-eye by the more traditional characters, but also they acknowledge that you can't really ignore Nagash* and so acknowledging the kinder fragments of him is probably a good idea. We also see the idea of Grungi as a Forge God more than a Patron God, where anyone who respects the craft prays and acknowledges him as the Great Maker - be they duardin, aelf, human, or even ogor or stranger practitioners still.

In the Tainted Heart we see this idea of Pantheon again - whilst temples to the "High" gods like Sigmar are the largest and most prominent, Free Cities in the Realm are filled with shrines and temples to what might be considered in game terms to be 'minor' gods and spirits - local River Gods and wind spirits are worshipped in temples without that implying that the devotees are not also worshippers and adherents to the broad creed of the God-King.

The Order Battletomes seem to have a few nods to this too, albeit less explicitly; the Slyvaneth acknowledge and worship/worshipped Kurnoth, before his great reduction at the hands of Nurgle without the "Kurnothi" elements of their culture being rejected by the Everqueen. The Free Cities have the Phoenix Guard - who worship the God-Beast, the Ur-Phoenix, without it being seen as a reason to cast them out. And these exist even within Order, which appears to be fairly given to monotheism, at least in terms of its dedicated military forces rather than its civilians. 

Even in Death, where all is Nagash, there is an almost-Pantheon. There are the Aspects of Nagash, although in Death there seems to be less of a need to acknowledge any Aspect except for the Undying King, and then there are strange outliers such as the godbeast Hrunspuul, who fills something of a minor god role. However, I would still argue that Death is the closest to a monotheistic Alliance in the setting.

The most obvious example though comes from Destruction - even before the return of Kragnos, the forces of Destruction seem to be more than happy to worship a Pantheon, with almost every single subfaction having a Pantheon to a greater or lesser extent. The most obvious part is that Gorkamorka, High God of Destruction, is already a duality of gods, and can be brutally cunnin' or cunningly brutal as needed, and whilst the Ironjawz and the Ogors and the like might lean more towards Gork, and the Kruleboyz and Grots might lean more towards Mork, it is never at the total exclusion of the other.
Many of the "Aspects" of Gorkamorka - unlike the Aspects of Sigmar or Alarielle or Nagash - appear to be truly seperate entities infused with his energy in some way; for example, the Spider God, which was made a god by glutting itself on Gorkamorka's power.
Then there are the other deities and godbeasts worshipped by different Destruction factions; the Everwinter that the Beastclaw Ogors venerate/fear as it pursues them, the Bad Moon and the Evil Sun, Skwidmuncha and Boingob - godbeasts worshipped by certain Orruks and Grots respectively - Ynmog and Behemat the World-Titans...

So the idea that the Kruleboyz cannot venerate Kragnos (particularly if they have... somewhat twisted the legend of him into something else) seems a little shortsighted to me. Provided the GW writers put the effort into making the connection make sense and it isn't just a lazy "new models worship new models".

*Unless you are lucky enough to be a Stormcast, or the favoured amongst the Aelven nations, or someone else who has managed to "cheat" the Undying King.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Zappgrot said:

Well it's verry likely that the army will also have non battle line units So  i would say HIGH. 

I really like the anatomy of the new Orruks, I’m just not a fan of the shaggy lack of armor. When looking to build a new army, I always look towards the more elite-armored units for inspiration; I have a ton of Bloodwarriors and Painbringers for both my Khorne and Slaanesh lists respectively. If an elite infantry/monster unit comes out with very similar armor to the Killaboss’s, then I’d be very hooked. 

3 minutes ago, Perturbato said:

Do we have the final dimensions for battlemat ?

The same as 40k they said. So look those up.  

I hate that tough.  aos armies are much much faster than 40k armies. So whit less room positioning becomes a lot less importent. I mean if you can reach anny point on th table in 2 round  does it even matter where you deploy? 

@MaatithoftheBrandThank you for your informed response and for filling in many of the blanks in my lore knowledge. I had not realized that there were that many different cults particularly for Sigmar and Nagash. I did know of some of the different aspects of Gorkamorka being worshipped and it will be fun to see how the Kruleboyz factor into it. I also hope that the Hobgrot Slittaz are less into the worship of Kragnos/Gorkamorka indicating their willingness to deal with their dark employers. 

Great_Taurus-crop-chaos-dwarf.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

24 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

@MaatithoftheBrandThank you for your informed response and for filling in many of the blanks in my lore knowledge. I had not realized that there were that many different cults particularly for Sigmar and Nagash. I did know of some of the different aspects of Gorkamorka being worshipped and it will be fun to see how the Kruleboyz factor into it. I also hope that the Hobgrot Slittaz are less into the worship of Kragnos/Gorkamorka indicating their willingness to deal with their dark employers. 

Great_Taurus-crop-chaos-dwarf.jpg

Happy to help

Praise Hashut

• LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, Zappgrot said:

The same as 40k they said. So look those up.  

I hate that tough.  aos armies are much much faster than 40k armies. So whit less room positioning becomes a lot less importent. I mean if you can reach anny point on th table in 2 round  does it even matter where you deploy? 

Then don't use the new suggested size. It's your game, use what ever size table you like. I have a 6'x4' and will continue to use that. 

• Like 3