The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Seems interesting :) did they have any other leaks, or just them?

No subfaction for kragnos in the book.  Some BoC cost changes. Slaanesh twins 260 and 280 in their cost apparently. 275 for the revenant. And the last sylvaneth part is a battalion for 120 thats all 3 points for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Feii said:

alleged leaks - take with with a grain of salt if it is not allowed please delete it mods 

Kroak is apparently 18 wounds no shrug same rules except the one New below.

0901FD76-319E-4C62-B12F-AE35AF7B0D83.jpeg

14870DE2-3869-465F-BCF7-55A1C75F35BA.jpeg

Doubt this, mostly because of the poor English in the supposedly quoted text. "Was inflicted a wounds". Sounds like something from a non-native speaker and not something taken from a GW book.

1 minute ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Doubt this, mostly because of the poor English in the supposedly quoted text. "Was inflicted a wounds". Sounds like something from a non-native speaker and not something taken from a GW book.

Allegedly it's a leak from an Italian book, so translated roughly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Guy was translating it to english from italian. So a good catch I guess

Remember that we cannot have good warcom articles for Kragnos because Slaanesh is not allowed to have pretty things.

We all wanted the twins to be as beastly as our god incarnated. If they cost that... meh, a little letdown.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yoid said:

Remember that we cannot have good warcom articles for Kragnos because Slaanesh is not allowed to have pretty things.

We all wanted the twins to be as beastly as our god incarnated. If they cost that... meh, a little letdown.

It would make sense though, they're probably priced to try to get people to buy two kits and run both at the same time. If you think of them like a packaged deal then 540 points for a god tier model sounds about right. Plus you have the flexibility to only take one or the other instead of always sinking a quarter of your army into them. Could still be pretty interesting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

It would make sense though, they're probably priced to try to get people to buy two kits and run both at the same time. If you think of them like a packaged deal then 540 points for a god tier model sounds about right. Plus you have the flexibility to only take one or the other instead of always sinking a quarter of your army into them. Could still be pretty interesting. 

But in practice it mean to loose half your combat profile and warscroll abilities to any little amount of power projection, a downside other gods dosn't have. And paying a premium amount of money to have a god in the table compared to others.

And other gods cost 700-900. I think everyone expected each twin to cost 400ish points (800 combined).

Is not the end of the world, but not what we hoped for. And we are the target audience after all.

26 minutes ago, Yoid said:

But in practice it mean to loose half your combat profile and warscroll abilities to any little amount of power projection, a downside other gods dosn't have. And paying a premium amount of money to have a god in the table compared to others.

And other gods cost 700-900. I think everyone expected each twin to cost 400ish points (800 combined).

Is not the end of the world, but not what we hoped for. And we are the target audience after all.

Potentially true, but you have the advantage that if they kill one half they're not hurting the other half. If Archaon gets caught out and attacked you lose everything, but if the melee twin gets caught out and killed then the support twin can still be perfectly safe in the back field. Honestly it'll come down to the warscrolls and what they can do for the army.

Also before this book Alarielle was 600, Gotrek is 520 (not quite god tier but an avatar similar to the twins), and Gordrak is 540 (again, a kind of avatar). Of course you have Archaon and Nagash on the higher end, but there is definitely a spread. Personally I'm OK with being on the lower end as it means you still have room to build an army instead of having to dedicate everything to the big baddie. Especially important with how expensive the slaanesh army is in points these days. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Yoid said:

Those two models really dont make it for me IF their role is that they are supposed to be the avatar of slaanesh. Too plain for that imo. Their scepters suck too. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Feii said:

AoS coach discord server

I had a look in every channel and didn't see anything, were they taken down or something? 

Being sub-300 points each - cheaper than a Keeper - is definitely not what I expected out of the Twins, and 275 for that new Revenant sounds absurdly high for a model that size - must have some interesting rules then!

Edited by Jaskier

Am I reading this right? Kragnos is 760 points but an 18 wound Kroak that can totally heal himself is 430. That doesn't seem right.

Edit: I'm seeing on Twitter that Alarielle is 760, and Kragnos is 480. 

That would be a much better number for Kragnos and I really hope Alarielle has got a significant buff for those points.

Edited by Chikout

9 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

I had a look in every channel and didn't see anything, were they taken down or something? 

Being sub-300 points each - cheaper than a Keeper - is definitely not what I expected out of the Twins, and 275 for that new Revenant sounds absurdly high for a model that size - must have some interesting rules then!

In the spoilers section, it's been talked about all morning. One of the members got sent a photo of the last page with all the point values and is relaying them by text, as he's been asked not to send the picture out. And then he's been told as well about the new kroak revival rule.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Il Maestro said:

In the spoilers section, it's been talked about all morning. One of the members got sent a photo of the last page with all the point values and is relaying them by text, as he's been asked not to send the picture out. And then he's been told as well about the new kroak revival rule.

weirdly i don't see a spoilers section on the discord either....

Yeah there's conflicting costs posted, and some other weirdness like certain things for Beasts getting updated points but not their stuff that's in the battalion box. Could be an elaborate troll, but we'll see; currently there's no proof to anything anyone is saying there, but honestly I'm thinking it's all legitimate (from the first source.)

Edited by Jaskier

7 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Yeah there's conflicting costs posted, and some other weirdness like certain things for Beasts getting updated points but not their stuff that's in the battalion box. Could be an elaborate troll, but we'll see; currently there's no proof to anything anyone is saying there, but honestly I'm thinking it's all legitimate. 

what stuff for beasts is getting updated? (allegedly) 🙂

Edited by Fyrenn

47 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

figured it out if you havent - you gotta react to join a bunch of the subchannels.  it's like react for permissions or something like that.

1 minute ago, Fyrenn said:

figured it out if you havent - you gotta react to join a bunch of the subchannels.  it's like react for permissions or something like that.

Yeah I was about to say the same :DBut yeah it's peculiar that the Beastlord and Jabberslythe are the ones getting updated.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the twins are 260 and 280 respectively; my guess is that you’re suppose to take them together to get the best of both worlds. This would make them 540 points for essentially two KoS (assuming the rules are similar to them to some capacity). I also wouldn’t be surprised if the rules for the two had synergies between one another. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Yeah I was about to say the same :DBut yeah it's peculiar that the Beastlord and Jabberslythe are the ones getting updated.

Indeed, and apparently an increase in cost and decrease in save for the beastlord. Hm.

I guess we'll see if it pans out.

Just now, Yoid said:

Those leaks are suspicious, I have read about them claiming that Alarielle goes up in points but the warscroll is mostly unchanged, something that is not impossible, but weird.

In fairness there's the point leak from one source, then there's a screenshot from 4chan where a seperate person is making the claim she is mostly unchanged. The latter is almost certainly a troll given the origin point.