The Rumour Thread

+++ MOD HAT +++

A reminder to older members and a note to new members.  TGA has a strictly "no leaked photo" policy.  As excited as we all are for the new battletome please refrain from posting poor photos where somebody has likely broken their NDA

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CarkFish said:

How come this isnt on the WHC site yet?... They really upload them so far in advance of them being "published" ?.... CrayCray

If you subscribed to them you get the story via email around a week in advance.  That link will likely contain a reference to the email that it got sent out in too 😉

Points values ending in 5- Is that a new feature? Certainly no Skaven units ending in 5

Is the latest story the most Malerion we've gotten? How much of a stretch would it be to suggest we might see some Ulgu elves sometime in 3.0? And most importantly what impact will this have on the heroes of the setting, the Skaventide?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

You are supposed to subscribe to receive these early. :) They are then uploaded to the Community site for everyone else a few days later.

Haha! ... They need to hire better IT people ;) .... May send my CV in :P 

What stands out to me in this story isnt actually Malerion ... It's the comment ::

‘I have plans to avert it. Besides, I fear he will have his hands rather full if he seeks order now that dear Alarielle is making her play. Even in Ulgu you must feel the realms shiver with unease.’

This makes me think (genuinely) that Alarielle may well move against Sigmar... (Perhaps even switch allegiance?) ... She must be due a new model right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

Overall, there’s going to be some legitimate variety in army composition. Now, if only GW put this much effort into writing the Slaanesh tome....

Others who have seen the full battletome leaked agree that it's very similar to the Slaanesh tome, with weaker allegiance abilities than LoN and rather plain Warscrolls. The only thing they have over Slaanesh is the points costs

I have a feeling there's movement from one of the ruleswriters to tone down books in AoS 3, but unfortunately they're not being very clear about it and it doesn't quite balance out with AoS 2 battletomes. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Others who have seen the full battletome leaked agree that it's very similar to the Slaanesh tome, with weaker allegiance abilities than LoN and rather plain Warscrolls. The only thing they have over Slaanesh is the points costs

I have a feeling there's movement from one of the ruleswriters to tone down books in AoS 3, but unfortunately they're not being very clear about it and it doesn't quite balance out with AoS 2 battletomes. 

Please no..... This si why im refusing to buy any models untill I've been through the book myself.... I'm in the market for a new army..... but.... I cant afford to spend my hobby pounds on trash rules .... No matter how much I like the models

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, CarkFish said:

Please no..... This si why im refusing to buy any models untill I've been through the book myself.... I'm in the market for a new army..... but.... I cant afford to spend my hobby pounds on trash rules .... No matter how much I like the models

I would recommend reading them yourself and seeing from there :) I've just seen a lot of disappointment, but I saw that around the Slaanesh rules and I still enjoy playing them 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

Haha! ... They need to hire better IT people ;) .... May send my CV in :P 

It has worked every time so far for me. I haven’t seen any glitches? I received my email yesterday (the link someone has shared above) and it will likely be posted to the main Community site a few days later (tomorrow, perhaps), as usual. 

If you want the updates early, without having to wait for someone to share their link on here, I would imagine you can subscribe through the Broken Realms website. They will come straight to your inbox a few days before anyone else can read them on the Community site. 

I’m sure they could always use more IT support though — you should go for it! 

Like you, I found the story intriguing. I’m all for seeing the Sylvaneth get a renewed focus as well as any hints or tips about what Mally is getting up to these days. :) 

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I would recommend reading them yourself and seeing from there :) I've just seen a lot of disappointment, but I saw that around the Slaanesh rules and I still enjoy playing them 

Ahh well.... It's only a games of toy soldiers after all :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Enoby said:

In my AoS playing group we joke that rules writers should have their name written down on the front page so we could know what kind of power level to expect.

"You bought a battletome from writer A? Ahhh, I can't match that with my battletome from writer B. How about this time you bring your old army with battletome from writer B so we can both have fun?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

In my AoS playing group we joke that rules writers should have their name written down on the front page so we could know what kind of power level to expect.

"You bought a battletome from writer A? Ahhh, I can't match that with my battletome from writer B. How about this time you bring your old army with battletome from writer B so we can both have fun?"

While I like that conceptually, historically that hasn't gone well, iirc.

A small disclaimer of "We know this writer makes over the top rules, but can't be bothered to check them before we print" would suffice.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Honest Wargamer has suggested there are two rules writers, one is called the 'sin guy' (i.e. lumineth, seraphon, tzeentch) and the other is called 'bin guy' (slaanesh, sons of behemet, sylvaneth).

I like that a lot better than naming the rules writers directly. I remember back in 5th edition 40k where Matt Ward was getting absolutely torn apart by the community. Wasn't pretty.

From what I've seen so far, gravelords looks like a 'bin' writer book

Edited by Jagged Red Lines

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

From what I've seen so far, gravelords looks like a 'bin' writer book

I think a more wise strategy from GW is release new army/models with a good/average power and not OP but slowly increase their power with updates and rulebooks so less people are disappointed.

Lumineth are really good but tzeench is a pain to match up..especially if you play SCE

Edited by baiardo

I think it's about time to consider online rules instead of traditional battletomes.

I know that these paper battletomes have their own charm. I really love them. Currently I have like 7 or 8. But then it's really disappointing to wait like 2-3 years for a faction to get updated, either buffed or nerfed. Kharadron Overlords or Sylvaneth players should understand this perfectly, when their armies where mostly unplayable for a long time. I think Seraphon and Lumineth players also understand that being "that guy" in the group is not fun either (some do however...). Now if we had online rules any underpowered or overpowered unit could be fixed within days. Then again people spend a lot of money on their minis and want to feel stable with their purchase for a while. Tough decisions...

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, baiardo said:

I think a more wise strategy from GW is release new army/models with a good/average power and not OP but slowly increase their power with updates and rulebooks so less people are disappointed.

Lumineth are really good but tzeench is a pain to match up..especially if you play SCE

Its not just power level though. Bin books have poor internal balance. Would consider original idoneth a bin book purely because it shoehorns you into a single build.

A sin book is good not only because it does well in the meta, but also because every unit is viable and encourages a range of diverse lists. For example, cities or daughters of khaine, versus mawtribes or fyreslayers.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 2

Well guys plz enlighten me... i am looking at some leaks for soulblights and reading the Mannfred warscroll under his Command Ability it says "You can use this command ability once per turn in your hero phase.".

Does this means we get alternate phases? Or you can use the ability on your opponents turn somehow (given the once per turn restriction)? Maybe it's just a restriction for not spamming the ability but badly worded?

(Hope this doesn't break any rules on posting)

14 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I think it's about time to consider online rules instead of traditional battletomes.

I know that these paper battletomes have their own charm. I really love them. Currently I have like 7 or 8. But then it's really disappointing to wait like 2-3 years for a faction to get updated, either buffed or nerfed. Kharadron Overlords or Sylvaneth players should understand this perfectly, when their armies where mostly unplayable for a long time. I think Seraphon and Lumineth players also understand that being "that guy" in the group is not fun either (some do however...). Now if we had online rules any underpowered or overpowered unit could be fixed within days. Then again people spend a lot of money on their minis and want to feel stable with their purchase for a while. Tough decisions...

I legit havent bought a paper battletome since the app was a thing

• Like 1