The Rumour Thread

I see this as vindication of 2 things for GW, namely their massive programme of community outreach in the past 18 months, but also their decision to wipe the slate clean with both wfb and 40k (moving past the end times in both cases).

I am chuffed to bits to see the company back on track after a dismal decade, and i think the future is looking very bright for gw indeed!

7 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

The community post says Death will be the focus of tomorrow's update.

Nice I am also quite hopeful since many factions for death are missing. Deathrattle, deathlords, dead walkers and death mages. Also devoted of sigmar and scourge privateers are not there either.

Edited by shinros

4 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

I'm camping on the weekend of the 26th...so that is when I expect it to drop.

I watched the live video at work,  and he said on that 'over the coming weeks' we will give more detail. I'm guessing at least mid-August. 

I think it's more an inclination that the High and Dark Aelf sub-factions other than the Darkling Covens are just too small to be meaningful enough to make an allegiance ability for. Same goes for Devoted of Sigmar. Many of these factions have very interesting themes and strong powerful identities. You could easily make Allegiance Abilities for them, but I guess they're waiting to develop these into more rounded factions rather than commiting to creating Allegiance Abilities for them now.

One could hope that perhaps they're getting battletomes in the next year, but I don't know if I'd hold my breath for that.

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 3

They basically made all those mini factions playable by using allies rules, solving the problem of having to spam the same couple of units. This also opens some great options for proper factions with limited ranges like fyreslayers, pestilens and ironjaws. This should allow for way more variety, which can only be a good thing!

I dont understand the allies thing. So if i play 2000 points match i can take 400 points of allies. Do the allies have the same allegiance ability then? Do they get the keyword of my main faction? Can i still build a grand alliance chaos army like now or im i only allowed to pay 400 points in other factions?

29 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

I dont understand the allies thing. So if i play 2000 points match i can take 400 points of allies. Do the allies have the same allegiance ability then? Do they get the keyword of my main faction? Can i still build a grand alliance chaos army like now or im i only allowed to pay 400 points in other factions?

Yeah we just don't have enough info yet to plan new army lists. For me its about battle line status, i.e. will the 'ally' units share my main faction battle line identity, and will they share a keyword that allows me to put buffs on them. 

Just gotta wait and see (but i cannot wait!)

Correct. Nobody knows right now, it could be everything or none. We will have to wait for more information.

...although to be honest: I kinda hope allied battlelines will not be a thing. Because IMO that would most likely mean everyone just takes the cheapest available battleline and runs elite-only armies without breaking allegiance so using bataillons and stuff.

48 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

From what I understand, your allies don't gain anything from your main faction and vice versa. The point of the allies system is to make it possible to mix different factions without losing the allegiance abilities of your main faction. I doubt that there will be any sort of keyword sharing, battleline sharing or anything that gives you additional advantages. Simply being able to take allies is enough of an advantage.

Edited by Nevvermore
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

From what I understand, your allies don't gain anything from your main faction and vice versa. The point of the allies system is to make it possible to mix different factions without losing the allegiance abilities of your main faction. I doubt that there will be any sort of keyword sharing, battleline sharing or anything that gives you additional advantages. Simply being able to take allies is enough of an advantage.

Seems like I'll be having Spiderfang as allegiance (not that they even have an allegiance ability), and throwing in some Moonclan grots, fanatics, and trolls just for defensive and anti-charge fodder. 

56 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

To expand it further, I can take Stormcast Allegiance army and then throw in a Wizard or 2 as my Allies without losing Stormcast and becoming GA Order Allegiance

43 minutes ago, Ragequit said:

To expand it further, I can take Stormcast Allegiance army and then throw in a Wizard or 2 as my Allies without losing Stormcast and becoming GA Order Allegiance

Would make sense. It was SCE's last weak point so it makes sense for GW to finally get rid of it.... 9_9

• Like 8

Points of interest in the article and toc:

-page 113: Warscroll Update! You don't update anything about Warscrolls in a single page, so I expect this will be a paragraph drawing attention to Warscrolls being updated around the release.

-Picture with a Nurgle army drawing attention to the faction, yet no Nurgle allegiance.

-similarly, the text draws specific attention to Clan Verminus and Bonerattle as a main army in the context of taking alliues, even though, right now, these loose little to nothing in a Grand Alliance (black knights as battleline for bonerattle, absolutely nothing for Verminus) and they don't get allegiance abilities where smaller factions from the same GA do.

-around 6 pages on Sieges in the narrative section. This will be interesting

-around 7 pages matched play. Looks like MP might get a few more rules in addition to allies.

Conclusion:

A Nurgle release may be close, but I think with Deathguard confirmed for 40k, most of us expect that already. More interestingly, Bonerattle and Verminus may not be far of either. Narrative play doesn't get much that is really new.

A point of purely personal interest:

-I did not expect Brayherd on the list of Forces to get allegiance, nor did I expect that Beasts of Chaos support in Path to Glory. I am a Beastmen fan, so I am happy for the support, even if it means we will not get a battletome anytime soon. But this does mean we can at least hope to get a battletome and new miniatures for undivided Beastmen at a later time. I just really hope they widen the scope of units that qualify for Brayherd allegiance, the ally allowance does not really allow anything close to a mixed herd.

• Like 1