The Rumour Thread

Aelfs or Death or regular humans. Whatever.

Something not stunty stormy or chaosy (except Slaves to Darkness).

Don't get me wrong i like 40k but this new stuff over there will take some time to get used to it. I rather focus on AoS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liath said:

I'll start a rumour...

Has anyone else noticed that the Deamons of Nurgle Getting Started box is no longer available?

Funny given there are new 40k Nurgle models coming out on the 17th...

The Daemons of Nurgle Getting Started box is no longer available purple monkey dishwasher.

Just now, rokapoke said:

The Daemons of Nurgle Getting Started box is no longer available purple monkey dishwasher.

Ha!

I'm wondering if some of the Nurgle Deamons are being re-released across both games.

I could imagine these guys fitting in without too much trouble.

IMG_7957.PNG

12 hours ago, Sete said:

So no rumours or anything? 

Getting kinda fed up of 40k all the time these last few weeks.

No worries...

3 new Stormcast Books and 25 new models are already waiting for releasevery soon.

This will be followed by 1 new faction of Stormcasts 3 weeks later.

• Like 1

@Kurrilino
This is probably accurate, the new novel excerpt talks about a stormcast in weathered armor, wearing an orruk skull as a shoulderpad. Most likely stormcast will split into legitimate sub-factions at some point, maybe even chaos eternals or death eternals. I'm waiting for Torglug to show up as a stormcast - this is likely the year of nurgle.

• Like 1

After speaking to somebody who went to Fest the other week, the reason we've seen a lot of items go out of stock recently is because GW have put their entire production facility over to making 40k items.  Now it wouldn't surprise me if we don't also see some reboxing when they do come back in stock, but it's nothing more sinister than that...

... or is it ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

@Kurrilino
This is probably accurate, the new novel excerpt talks about a stormcast in weathered armor, wearing an orruk skull as a shoulderpad. Most likely stormcast will split into legitimate sub-factions at some point, maybe even chaos eternals or death eternals. I'm waiting for Torglug to show up as a stormcast - this is likely the year of nurgle.

Didnt he become Torgun, a bog standard Knight Venator?

I could do without bad guy stormcasts for at least another year.

According to my theory of a brand new army per god, and following the rumour engine, we're due something for Nurgle, Nagash and Malerion soonish, which leaves Tyrion, Slaanesh and the Great Horned Rat for next year.

At this point tho ill settle for anything - discounting the shadespire skellies, weve not seen any new models for AoS since the whole Kharadron range was unveiled in March!!

I know weve had Skirmish and what have you, and the coverage of 40k has been outstanding, but im beginning to feel theyve dropped the ball with AoS a bit.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

GW focuses sometimes too much. In my opinion their approach in the second half of 2015 of One month Sigmar one month 40k was the best.

As a gamer I agree but in terms of prolonged promotion I do think focused releases bring more interest to one game. Which AoS still needs :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

I know weve had Skirmish and what have you, and the coverage of 40k has been outstanding, but im beginning to feel theyve dropped the ball with AoS a bit.

we got so much the year before. army after army, book after book, the entire realm gate series, like 3/4 armies. a global campaign etc like 15 novels. 

aos was due a break, 8th edition for 40k is a big thing, Games-workshops main money maker. they were always going to make sure it was done right. 

we'll get alot soon, theres going to be like 3 new armies at least.  

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Killax said:

As a gamer I agree but in terms of prolonged promotion I do think focused releases bring more interest to one game. Which AoS still needs :)

But at the same time you can't ignore the bigger franchise. I honestly think that the community can endure it. We may lose a few people to 40k but I think that we've built the fanbase to stand on our own already (I for one am not going back to 40k for the time being). Now it's just time for the next bombardment. First plague garden, then the rest of books and armies: the last quarter of 2017 will have 4 novels for Sigmar (or 3, depends on how long they take for Reynold's Hammerhal novella) plus at least 1-2 two new armies. Next year looks also golden with the release of the AoSRP and whatever else comes. In so far the future looks bright for us, though we just need to do a bit of pass-over now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

we got so much the year before. army after army, book after book, the entire realm gate series, like 3/4 armies. a global campaign etc like 15 novels. 

aos was due a break, 8th edition for 40k is a big thing, Games-workshops main money maker. they were always going to make sure it was done right. 

we'll get alot soon, theres going to be like 3 new armies at least.  

I recall there being a 5 month last year gap between Beastclaw Raiders and Disciples of Tzeentch, in which we saw the likes of Deathwatch, GS Cults, Prospero and Bloodbowl... and no AoS!

At the time i thought that break was fine as we had indeed received a fair bit in the first half of the year. Now though its been more than 12 months since the last of the Realmgate Wars campaign books was released!

They built a good head of steam with the 4 books in the first 4 months of this year but i feel that momentum has dissipated. I AM tho looking forward to GHB2 (more that 40k8!) and seeing all the other goodies they have in store for us.

In this 40k hype period they couldve dropped a couple of repack armies like Freeguild or Slaves to Darkness or something to tide us (ok me) over tho!

6 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

I recall there being a 5 month last year gap between Beastclaw Raiders and Disciples of Tzeentch, in which we saw the likes of Deathwatch, GS Cults, Prospero and Bloodbowl... and no AoS!

At the time i thought that break was fine as we had indeed received a fair bit in the first half of the year. Now though its been more than 12 months since the last of the Realmgate Wars campaign books was released!

They built a good head of steam with the 4 books in the first 4 months of this year but i feel that momentum has dissipated. I AM tho looking forward to GHB2 (more that 40k8!) and seeing all the other goodies they have in store for us.

In this 40k hype period they couldve dropped a couple of repack armies like Freeguild or Slaves to Darkness or something to tide us (ok me) over tho!

Eh... it's been 4 months (september to december) and back these last four months we've got almost the monopoly with us getting DoT, SCE Mk II (and SoH), BoK and KO. We need more books in the novel department but I think that's more due to them doing a reorganization of the BL team and all that jazz rather than lack of care.

28 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

But at the same time you can't ignore the bigger franchise. I honestly think that the community can endure it. We may lose a few people to 40k but I think that we've built the fanbase to stand on our own already (I for one am not going back to 40k for the time being). Now it's just time for the next bombardment. First plague garden, then the rest of books and armies: the last quarter of 2017 will have 4 novels for Sigmar (or 3, depends on how long they take for Reynold's Hammerhal novella) plus at least 1-2 two new armies. Next year looks also golden with the release of the AoSRP and whatever else comes. In so far the future looks bright for us, though we just need to do a bit of pass-over now.

Thats completely true! However I do think that 40K has tons and tons of models, not only promoted by GW but also by FW. I think that AoS recieved a lot of love for a period because they wanted to focus on 40K behind the screens, so that when the new edition hit the shelves all the more people where excited about it.

From what Ive read and heard a lot of the designs GW made for 7th panned out quite a bit different in practice. This whole conversion of turning every vechicle into what is basically a WFB monster must have taken the design time quite a lot of time. As a lot of it feels logical now but for a designer starting from scratch this can be quite the headache.

Now personally I can't wait to hit people with the end of my Basilisk's barrel :P Im even considering mounting a bayonet onto it. 
www.MessenTools.com-013-family-guy-Anima 
3 Attacks son! 3 Strenght 6 attacks!

44 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Eh... it's been 4 months (september to december) and back these last four months we've got almost the monopoly with us getting DoT, SCE Mk II (and SoH), BoK and KO. We need more books in the novel department but I think that's more due to them doing a reorganization of the BL team and all that jazz rather than lack of care.

Oh no i think they definitely care, as has been shown with their incredible improvement in customer engagement in the last year. I just think there are opportunities to improve their release strategy (which in itself is vastly improved from the monthly release dump they maintained for decades).

I think 40ks had a good showing this year too, with all that hive world terrain, more plastic heresy marines, and talons of the emperor (not to mention a proper set of skirmish rules...) sure beats the NOTHING AoS got in the back end of last year...

And as for novels, whatve we got, TWO confirmed as upcoming for the whole of AoS in the next few months, while 40k had about 3 out just this week! Could do better GW!!

I'm pretty sure this one is the same as the cloak showed before, as well as the lion face shoulderpad they showed off last time.

I was 90% convinced it was a 40k space marine, but now I'm starting to think it could be something for fantasy. Maybe shadespire?

• Like 2