The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, JReynolds said:

Vampire. It's Adhema, the Blood Knight who previously appeared in Nagash: The Undying King. Though there may be an aelf or two in the second book, if one gets commissioned. 

Res assured we are going to make sure you get that second book commissioned. *Prepares sacrifice and contacts russian doctors*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

Ok... let me rephrase.... how is this a rumour ?

I think the problem is in the titling of the thread, rather than the content in particular.

This thread has always been about discussion of News and Rumours.

I think it's quite worthwhile to speak about an upcoming novel for Age of Sigmar, there's certainly been a pretty huge drought on that front. Definitely keen to give this one a read. My understanding was that Grungni was missing also (I seem to recall something about him going missing after helping Sigmar make the Stormcast, but perhaps I'm misremembering), so interesting to hear if the book clears anything up on that front.

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, JReynolds said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm. Hopefully, y'all will enjoy the book. 

Is there any particular book/story you'd recommend reading to get some lead-in/background on this? Already read the Black Rift of Klaxus books and Nagash: the Undying King is a little out of my reach...

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Is there any particular book/story you'd recommend reading to get some lead-in/background on this? Already read the Black Rift of Klaxus books and Nagash: the Undying King is a little out of my reach...

You could check out Fury of Gork or Skaven Pestilens, if you like.

Fury of Gork deals with one of the Eight Lamentations - the sword of fire, Marrowcutter - being discovered and features several characters who appear in Spear of Shadows, while Skaven Pestilens takes place in one of the locations that the characters will be visiting - Shu'gohl, the Crawling City.

You could also read the short story, "Road of Blades", which acts as a prologue of sorts. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

Fury of Gork deals with one of the Eight Lamentations - the sword of fire, Marrowcutter - being discovered and features several characters who appear in Spear of Shadows, while Skaven Pestilens takes place in one of the locations that the characters will be visiting - Shu'gohl, the Crawling City.

Currently half-way through Fury of Gork myself - highly recommended

Just now, Sete said:

So no rumours or anything? 

Getting kinda fed up of 40k all the time these last few weeks.

I hear you. 

But we could take the silence as a rumour in itself :D The silence before the storm and all that. I've got a hunch we'll be seeing something a bit more substantial than mere rumours in whatever AOS related we see next! 

3 minutes ago, Sete said:

So no rumours or anything? 

Getting kinda fed up of 40k all the time these last few weeks.

I was thinking earlier we've been spoiled. Remember back in the good old days when you had to wait months for anything to be released - you knew there was nothing to get excited about! :D

A couple of weeks with no AoS updates and we're already climbing the walls!

• Like 1

I remember when Ork players had to wait 11 years for a new...anything :)

Yeah I think after the initial 40k release winds down just a bit we'll be seeing lots of Elves and Death for sure. Buck up, lil campers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dez said:

I remember when Ork players had to wait 11 years for a new...anything :)

Yeah I think after the initial 40k release winds down just a bit we'll be seeing lots of Elves and Death for sure. Buck up, lil campers!

1 minute ago, Dez said:

we'll be seeing lots of Elves

1 minute ago, Dez said:

Elves

I need it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JReynolds said:

You could also read the short story, "Road of Blades", which acts as a prologue of sorts. 

Not that I really know what I can add outside of the author telling you about the books haha buut:

Pestilens is fantastic. Fury of Gork is very good also, between the two I liked Pestilens more just because of how crazy it was. A worm city?! I'll take two more novels discussing the apparent insanity that is the Realm of Beasts plz. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Not that I really know what I can add outside of the author telling you about the books haha buut:

Pestilens is fantastic. Fury of Gork is very good also, between the two I liked Pestilens more just because of how crazy it was. A worm city?! I'll take two more novels discussing the apparent insanity that is the Realm of Beasts plz. 

The Pestilens book was great! I loved the fighty skaven character. What a dude