The Rumour Thread

I think the problem is that they are replacing the existing SC boxes with these more expensive boxes. Which hurts newer players then more experience ones because there isn’t a cheaper option even if the saving value is the same for both boxes.

granted they still have the cheap starter set boxes ( recruit and command edition) that newer player can go into It just sucks a little bit if that the armies that you don’t want to go into.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

A shame, but yes we should have at least one more at some stage to round the year out.

I'm surprised GW didn't mention in that about the art, tin and backpack rewards for purchases which seems to be a thing as well for the event. Even if its a store-only thing (which would be surprising cause of Covid)

26 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Eh. They include the same amount of more expensive models. The saving amount is the same, the percentage is less. 

No idea what you mean, compared to current "similar" start collecting sets both of these contain more and larger models than what they will be replacing 

For example, current space wolves start collecting is 3 kits 10 old marines, 1 hero, 3 thunderwolves, New box is 4 larger kits 15 Primaris (two units) a primaris hero, and a Invictor warsuit. On top of that, it includes two space wolves upgrade sets. This is WAY more than the old SW start collecting. 

I will say that if combat patrol boxes become a thing AoS, I think it gives them an opportunity to balance the boxes against each other so people can play a fairer game right off the bat.

Cause currently now, one SC box of FEC and BCR are way stronger and contain more unit value then most of the other boxes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

I will say that if combat patrol boxes become a thing AoS, I think it gives them an opportunity to balance the boxes against each other so people can play a fairer game right off the bat.

Cause currently now, one SC box of FEC and BCR are way stronger and contain more unit value then most of the other boxes.

That's my hope.

Start collecting boxes were never advertised as being equivalent in game, just equal in value of kits/discount. But the Combat patrol boxes are expressly designed as 25 power level, or 500 point forces, so equivalent in points and monetary value. In terms of actual balance they are still likely to be all over the place (not all 500 point armies are created equal) but at least in terms of current points balance they should be on track. 

Edited by Athrawes

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Ooooo, we're getting broken realms short stories every 2 weeks like malign sorcery and forbidden power. 

I really enjoyed those and look forward to these. 

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Check your inboxes, GW is giving away some free short stories in the run up to the Morathi book release. In your latest news bulletin there should be a link at the top for Morathi with a link to click to sign up for the free fiction. 

Aww yes this is what I was hoping for!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Broken Realms... 

Is Slaanesh going to  finally manage to wriggle free now due to Morathi being a bit of greedy idiot, and Teclis being to self absorbed about the size of his trousers and hat and pointless elf ego to notice until it's too late?

Morathi isn't greedy, she's just trying to even the score. All she has is a tiny corner of the Realm of Shadow. Those other Aelves are all lording it up owning whole Realms for the most part! Yet without her they'd never have worked out how to capture Slaanesh nor free the souls within the great belly. 

Besides that whole Necroquake did far more damage! Blame Nagash!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JPjr said:

price changes aside, just from a marketing point of view I think the 'Start Collecting' to 'Combat Patrol' move is a canny one.

even with exactly the same figures within one implies 'here's a £70 (or whatever) box that can form the basis of both an army and a ruinously expensive hobby', the other 'here's an army in a box that you can start playing with right away'

psychologically I think that's a small but quite compelling change and all other things being equal I imagine GW would prefer people to have four 500 pt armies than one 2000 pt one.

Its also better than just saying the same thing is now more expensive ;) 

seems they learned from how they handled it with the aos boxes. Although I thought it was pretty fair how they open card played it when they did it. 

44 minutes ago, Overread said:

Morathi isn't greedy, she's just trying to even the score. All she has is a tiny corner of the Realm of Shadow. Those other Aelves are all lording it up owning whole Realms for the most part! Yet without her they'd never have worked out how to capture Slaanesh nor free the souls within the great belly. 

Besides that whole Necroquake did far more damage! Blame Nagash!!

Yebbut... pointy ears ...

30 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm wondering if the Sons of Behemat will feature strongly in Broken Realms along with Lumineth. It's the perfect way to introduce these new Factions into the story.

it really depends on how many BR books there are going to be and how many armies are going to be feature in each of them. hopefully they may encompass every army currently in AoS but who knows

heck we know so little about Broken realm: Morathi in general outside of maybe having stuff for DoK, we not even sure if there stuff  for IDK or Slaanesh at this point.

though if they are going by out of date armies first i think the next one maybe Nurgle vs LoN but that my guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm wondering if the Sons of Behemat will feature strongly in Broken Realms along with Lumineth. It's the perfect way to introduce these new Factions into the story.

All the armies will be represented, we must don't forget that Lumineth and Sons were prepared to be released in April.

• Like 1

@Grim Beasties neat find! That said it doesn't surprise me, we've sort of known that mortals should come at some point for Slaanesh and that Underworld team might be a bit more fancy, but yep should set the tone. Looking forward to seeing the full units!

@Charleston no rumours yet. It's all just wishlisting right now. Chances are we'll hear something in November or early December about them and what's happening over Christmas. 

• Thanks 1