The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Percivael said:

Agreed. Not convinced by this. Also the cover has a Slaughter Priest on it but he isn't listed. And £90 for 30 miniatures we've seen before seems overly expensive. 

It is definitely coming out soon as it is in next months white dwarf.

what everyone has been calling a slaughter priest looks much more like a reaver champion to me. 

They are using the same sprues from the box sets so having sets of 5 and 10 makes sense. The user on Dakka typed it up themselves (possibly from an order sheet which retailers would be getting about now) so that explains the spelling mistake. 

The minis cost about £130 individually so it is a  discount. There are also 5 more board tiles in the new box.

Of course I would love more minis and a lower price but I expect this to turn out to be true. 

Edited by Chikout

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

what everyone has been calling a slaughter priest looks much more like a reaver champion to me. 

They are using the same sprues from the box sets so have sets of 5 and 10 makes sense. The user on Dakka typed it up themselves (possibly from an order sheet which retailers would be getting about now) so that explains the spelling mistake. 

The minis cost about £130 individually so it is a  discount. There are also 5 more board tiles in the new box.

Of course I would love more minis and a lower price but I expect this to turn out to be true. 

his write-up also says that it is compatible with the old ST - then why have a bunch of Acolytes in both boxes? I think I'll wait for something official.

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

They are using the same sprues from the box sets so have sets of 5 and 10 makes sense. The user on Dakka typed it up themselves (possibly from an order sheet which retailers would be getting about now) so that explains the spelling mistake. 

Yep it's definitely coming out, I know. 

I've just looked at the picture again and you may be right about the reaver champion. The presence of a double handed meat ripper axe would suggest it is a not the AoS starter set Blood Reavers but 10 of the 20 in a box ones.

I still think it's a tad expensive though, if this leak is correct.

3 minutes ago, bottle said:

He's a GW stockist, (also at Mongoose Publishing) and is the "hobby hero" Heelanhammer interviewed. Basically a good character and not the sort to spread a rumour or false information. I would take that as the real contents for the game :) 

if it's legit, I really think it looks like a misstep for the WQ franchise. They could have spent the development time on a rulebook for incorporating all sorts of already existing miniatures into the game instead - no need to repack a bunch of miniatures. And the fact that these heroes already have rules for the original ST is a development decision i just cannot understand. A big part of the appeal of ST was the setting and the preview of things to come.

Miniwars eu just posted that this week's preorders are the Lord aquilor for  €32 (same price as the azyros) the palladors on gryph chargers for €45(same price as the blight kings. They did not mention the contents but I assume it is 3) and shadows over Hammerhal for €120, which lines up with the leaked uk price.

I think the new WHQ will be a worthwhile addition. Indeed it appeals to me more as I would prefer generic dungeon tiles over the Tzeentchy ones in ST. I have no qualms to adapting a system with homebrew rules, especially one with a Game Master! I really want to pick this up but I have so many projects on the go currently.

1 minute ago, bottle said:

I think the new WHQ will be a worthwhile addition. Indeed it appeals to me more as I would prefer generic dungeon tiles over the Tzeentchy ones in ST. I have no qualms to adapting a system with homebrew rules, especially one with a Game Master! I really want to pick this up but I have so many projects on the go currently.

Yeah for me the ONLY disappointing thing for a new WHQ is no new figures but realistically would a new WHQ be out at all if they did new figures? Would that impact releases and work elsewhere?

It is clear that this box is a reaction to the success of silver tower. I don't think this product was Greenlit until after silver tower was released. 9 months is a very fast turnaround. Sculpting a bunch of new mini's would delay the release for at least a year. 

Looking around the Internet last year, the chief complaints about silver tower were the overly specific tiles, the lack of a proper campaign element and the slightly dragged out Ai phase. The box seems explicitly designed to answer those complaints. 

If they listened to people's complaints last time I hope they listen to my upcoming slew of emails asking for a card only version of this game.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It is clear that this box is a reaction to the success of silver tower. I don't think this product was Greenlit until after silver tower was released. 9 months is a very fast turnaround. Sculpting a bunch of new mini's would delay the release for at least a year. 

Looking around the Internet last year, the chief complaints about silver tower were the overly specific tiles, the lack of a proper campaign element and the slightly dragged out Ai phase. The box seems explicitly designed to answer those complaints. 

If they listened to people's complaints last time I hope they listen to my upcoming slew of emails asking for a card only version of this game.

A more generic and versatile dungeon crawler will be cool.

I hear eBay will be doing a card only version!?

• Like 2

I hope they get good feedback again.

I always die a little inside when I see companies responding to specific customer feedback and just getting shat on because it's not the holy grail.

I mean, I don't feel sorry for companies, that's nonsense. Stupid capitalism.

I just feel that frustration at the average internet rabble that haunts my working days.

• Like 5

If this rumour is true then the quality of this set really lies in which Bloodreavers and Kairic Acolytes are included.  If they are the Easy Build/Starter set Bloodreavers and the same Kairic Acolyte models you get in Silver Tower, then it will be a real shame for existing collectors.  However if they are the main release Bloodreavers with the big axe options and and the new Kairic Acolytes, that be really cool.

• Like 1