AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Allegiance: Chaos
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Ritual Knife
The Contorted Epitome (210)
The Masque (120)
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
30 x Daemonettes (330)
30 x Daemonettes (330)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
5 x Seekers (120)
Epicurean Revellers (180)Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

What if I pitch Depravity and summoning all together?  Only looking to go 3-2 at the FLGS in casual games.

2 hours ago, Deadkitten said:

Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Ritual Knife
The Masque (120)
30 x Daemonettes (330)
30 x Daemonettes (330)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
5 x Seekers (120)

What if I pitch Depravity and summoning all together?  Only looking to go 3-2 at the FLGS in casual games.

My thoughts are if you are ditching depravity you’ll want to include either Fiends or Marauders.  Both are incredibly strong, the issue with Fiends is you don’t Generate depravity :) 

Marauder spam is also potent, especially with slaanesh abilities

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deadkitten said:

Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Ritual Knife
The Masque (120)
30 x Daemonettes (330)
30 x Daemonettes (330)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
5 x Seekers (120)

I wouldn t expect this list to generate much summoning. Might as well leave it in allegiance Slaanesh to go if you aim for 3-2 tbh

Started to play a few more games again now things are getting back to normal. Had a long discussion on the whole ‘Who fights first when locus goes off, but the opponent can attack at the start of combat phase’ 

I know in an FAQ it mentions smashing and bashing where they can fight immediately trumps the locus as it’s an out of sequence attack and it comes into play after locus happens. But when a fight last and first first ability meets each other, this is still in the normal attack sequence as such, so does this cancel each other out? 

6 hours ago, Tmaffers said:

Started to play a few more games again now things are getting back to normal. Had a long discussion on the whole ‘Who fights first when locus goes off, but the opponent can attack at the start of combat phase’ 

I know in an FAQ it mentions smashing and bashing where they can fight immediately trumps the locus as it’s an out of sequence attack and it comes into play after locus happens. But when a fight last and first first ability meets each other, this is still in the normal attack sequence as such, so does this cancel each other out? 

The locus rule specifically states that in that case the effects cancel each other

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Nokrah said:

Given today’s preview, the future will be Slaanesh!unknown.png

Slaanesh is finally geeting some mortals! (between this new hero and the underwolrds warband)

The Slaanesh half of this box looks like a good start to the army. 3 Battlelines (or 2 and some summons folder) and 2 heroes (assuming the hellflayer can be build has the exalted/seeker version). Just will need some keepers and other heroes.

Rules question. does the godseeker command trait "Into the Frey" count as modifying a roll? 

into the Frey reads: the hit roll for the first attack made by this general during the battle is automatically a 6 ( do not roll the dice) 

Does the hit roll of 6 trigger Euphoric killers/ incandescent rageblade? 

Totolly new to slanesh. What are the common builds of slanesh? I'll buy the Shadow and Pain box (and keep the slanesh halfs, in fact, several of them I think). Is this enough to start the troops?  How many of them do you usually need in each builds?

PS: I already have a nice pool of StD (maybe useful with DP & some othe stuff -but zero marauder atm - ) and Tzeench (useless here)

PS 2 : ideal expectation targeted: 4 halces of Shadow and pain boxes to build around.

Edited by GeneralZero

7 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Totolly new to slanesh. What are the common builds of slanesh? I'll buy the Shadow and Pain box (and keep the slanesh halfs, in fact, several of them I think). Is this enough to start the troops?  How many of them do you usually need in each builds?

PS: I already have a nice pool of StD (maybe useful with DP & some othe stuff -but zero marauder atm - ) and Tzeench (useless here)

PS 2 : ideal expectation targeted: 4 halces of Shadow and pain boxes to build around.

Welcome to the god of excess, we are on a big down swing since gw sought to quad nerf us (december nerf to summoning and mechanics, ghb nerf, relics nerf, loss of syll'esske host)

So right now, the common builds for Slaanesh are going to be hero centric, or some form of horde. For Hero centric builds, A keeper or two, exalted chariot herald, and a contorted epitome are all popular for heroes. Battleline comes in the form of 3 hellstrider squads (likely claw spears for easier transporting since the other option is whips), and daemonettes are really not touched as they are outclassed hard by Marauders and bestigors. 

Horde builds include 40-80 Slaarauders with a chaos sorc to back them up and give them tons of attacks, or going depraved drove with 30-60 bestigor to be your hammer. In both builds a keeper is at least around as it's a scary model that will put the pain down on enemies. 

So played in the tourney yesterday...had a blast but completely forgot all the rules of AoS LoL!  Ran Pleasurebound with Archaon, Chaos Lord, Sorc Lord, 40/20 Marauders, 5 Warriors, Warshrine, Mirror in Lurid Haze.

game 1 vs Nagash and 20 kavalos deathriders on Blades Edge.  Totally forgot to bring the Fane to the tourney, and my opponent who’s a top ITC player, forgot his endless spell and hero kavalos.  I let him borrow my keeper cuz same base.  Game came out a full draw because I’m 100% rusty and forgot to track depracity all game. I went up big first 2 turns with 8 VP to his 4VP, and Archaon Slayered Nagash un turn 3, but he was able to chip away at my units.  I needed a 5 on a run with the Warshrine turn 4 to get an objective and got a 4...so it was my game to lose for sure :( 

game 2, forcing the hand vs 200+ wound blight king spam.

got paired against my brother who lost a tight match against Living Cities...sadly I went up big on objectives early and threatened his back line with Archaon.  Got the major victory, but only scored 1 secondary.

Game 3 vs ShootCast in Total Conquest, fighting for 3rd place since I was 1-0-1.
He won the roll, and was able to force me first turn...I really didn’t know how to handle his teleporting.  I moved up a bit and Archaon got intercepted by some Aerherwings, got himself 3 depravity lol!  He dropped down bottom of 1, deleted the Warshrine and got some lucky rolling on Archaon taking him down to about 8 wounds.  Then he got the double turn and game was over at that point.  I started bottom of 2 with 5 warriors and the Chaos lord.  We had a blast playing each other, so that was the saving grace of the fight :) 

Had a ton of fun at the event, even though it was outside and around 90F.   Loved the list, complete Alpha strike.  Will be fun to keep playing it as we get “Mortal Slaanesh” possibilities in the future

• Like 1

I do wonder what this new Slaanesh mortal lord will give us rules wise. I imagine he will help mortal Slaanesh, but will that be limited to Hedonites (I hope not), or will it be all inclusive? I hope it's all inclusive and that he gives mortals a greater reason to be played; I doubt this would be the rule, but it would be great if he had a bubble aura that allowed all mortal units within to count as heroes for the purpose of depravity points.

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

I do wonder what this new Slaanesh mortal lord will give us rules wise. I imagine he will help mortal Slaanesh, but will that be limited to Hedonites (I hope not), or will it be all inclusive? I hope it's all inclusive and that he gives mortals a greater reason to be played; I doubt this would be the rule, but it would be great if he had a bubble aura that allowed all mortal units within to count as heroes for the purpose of depravity points.

He's likely going to be limited to the hedonite keyword. Only The keeper and Syll have command abilities that affect the faction. I think Slaanesh desperately needs their own mortal heroes that works within the faction. There are plenty of Slaves to Darkness heroes in my opinion. 

Still, it could go either way. Some of the mortal heroes in the god-dedicated books have command abilities that only affect their faction and some affect the entire keyword. 

Edited by shinros

Just now, shinros said:

He's likely going to be limited to the hedonite keyword. Only The keeper and Syll have command abilities that affect the faction. I think Slaanesh desperately needs their own mortal heroes that works within the faction. There are plenty of Slaves to Darkness heroes in my opinion. 

I would normally agree (and I do agree with there being plenty of Slaves heroes), but as we have a grand total of four mortal hedonite units (this guy, both hellstriders, and Archaon) I don't think he would be too useful if he was going to help the mortal section of Hedonites. Of course, he could do something totally different (and have no impact on mortals specifically at all), but I'd like to see him as a way to boost the mortal side of our army (which is currently nearly all Slaves to Darkness). 

• Like 1

Hi, I'm just starting my journey into AoS with Slaanesh. I've been playing Emperors Children/Daemons for nearly a decade in 40k and started Slaanesh Warriors in the last days of WHFB, so it only seemed fitting that I stick with the theme in AoS. Here's the Depraved Drove List I've been building using stuff I've got lying around and 2 start collecting Beasts of Chaos kits. Eventually I want to have 2 units of Bestigors, but any suggestions for further building would be greatly appreciated. 

Slaanesh Pretenders

KoS, General, Strength of Godhood, Hunter of Godbeasts, Silverslash

Doombull x3

Great Bray Shaman

20x Gors w/shields

10x Ungors w/spears

10x Ungors w/spears

30x Bestigors

3x Dragon Ogors w/Glaives

Cygor 

Ghorgon

Chronomatic Cogs

Edited by Slaangor19

So wish listing for our mortals. I'm hoping that we get our own mortal keyword, but I guess hedonite might just be the catch all for us, which i guess helps for the keeper to buff more dudes. 

But what I'm hoping for our second book with mortal release (I'm banking on that the LoP and hellstriders won't be it), is an expanded model range. If we're going by what usually new factions get, I'm going to guess we'll get around 4 new scrolls. A chaff option that will come in a box of 10/20. A dual box 5 warrior elite option. Similar to the LoP, probably either maces and swords as gear, with a second build that will either be an elite ranged unit, or elite support unit (think whips). Our last option is either a heavy cav option, or... its a redone chariot for a slaanesh lord on chariot like from the one malign sorcery story. 

I'd expect like.. 2 more heroes. A foot wizard, and if we get a chariot, a chariot lord as an option. We need a mounted mortal, and I dunno if a Lord on Seeker is the way they will go, or if we get some new fantastical slaaneshi beast, but I think a chariot lord would feel somewhat safe of a bet. 

I think the above could be practical to giving us mortals and would put us mostly in line with other god special units. If I REALLY wanted to be super wish listy though... Slaangors? Please?

Hey guys.

What do you think about Chaos Warriors? I think in an Slaanesh Army they are not bad. Standing Power combined with exploding 6s sound good.

Since Deamonettes lost the horde discount and 4s to hit and wound are an argument against too. So I want an alternative Battleline and I think Warriors fits perfectly.

On 8/24/2020 at 1:09 AM, Enoby said:

I"m wondering what he will do as well.  I suspect or worry,.. he won't be HoS to be honest.  Just cause GW does weird things.  

On 8/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, Slaangor19 said:

Slaanesh Pretenders

KoS, General, Strength of Godhood, Hunter of Godbeasts, Silverslash

Doombull x3

Great Bray Shaman

20x Gors w/shields

10x Ungors w/spears

10x Ungors w/spears

30x Bestigors

3x Dragon Ogors w/Glaives

Cygor 

Ghorgon

Chronomatic Cogs

Are the cygor and Ghorgon built?  I would pick two Ghorgons and go with them.  Try to maximize the 6s you roll on their attacks.  Otherwise go dual Cygor see if you can snipe some mages (ha!, well it's a pipe dream, granted I've had luck vs Ch Dw casters with them).  Actually if they aren't built and you're really good at converting make them into Keepers.  Look up the variants for the 1987 Keepers for examples.  it is more common than you would think.  While the Keeper kit is amazing, you could technically almost get to a triple Keeper list here.

The best thing about using Beasts and Slaanesh is maximize bonus attacks, flood the enemy with rolls making them just roll so many saves it drags them down with weight of numbers.  40 Ungors does this really well as does 30 Bestigors.  I would consider buying 20 more Ungors and having 40 Ungors, 30 Bestigors, 2 x 10 Gors (for BL).  Gors aren't anything to write home about so I would almost suggest 2 x 10 for chaff.  

I like the triple Doombull idea.  They are fun and cheap sources of depravity.  

I've only got a Ghorgon put together. The reason I put Ghorgon and Cygor in there is because I'm very much stuck in the 40k mindset of I need to have a perfectly rounded list and any points unspent are wasted potential.  

I'm probably going to end up getting multiples of the the Start Collecting BoC, especially with Ungors and Bestigors capitalizing very well on exploding 6s, so that gives me some extra Ghorgon bodies to try converting into Keepers if I'm feeling adventurous. 

And yeah, triple Doombulls is great. In my first proxy test game they ended up summoning  20 Daemonettes on turn 3 with all the Depravity points they generated. I'm really pleased with how they performed. 

Edit: Eventually I want to try a more SoD/Mortals themed list. I'm kinda holding out to see what the Lord of Pain does, and if we end up getting any dedicated Slaanesh mortals next year.

Edited by Slaangor19

11 hours ago, Slaangor19 said:

I've only got a Ghorgon put together. The reason I put Ghorgon and Cygor in there is because I'm very much stuck in the 40k mindset of I need to have a perfectly rounded list and any points unspent are wasted potential.  

I'm probably going to end up getting multiples of the the Start Collecting BoC, especially with Ungors and Bestigors capitalizing very well on exploding 6s, so that gives me some extra Ghorgon bodies to try converting into Keepers if I'm feeling adventurous. 

And yeah, triple Doombulls is great. In my first proxy test game they ended up summoning  20 Daemonettes on turn 3 with all the Depravity points they generated. I'm really pleased with how they performed. 

Edit: Eventually I want to try a more SoD/Mortals themed list. I'm kinda holding out to see what the Lord of Pain does, and if we end up getting any dedicated Slaanesh mortals next year.

Doombulls are great little HoS heroes far better than viceleaders and depraved drove gets the drop count very low. 

There is some gas in the tank for HoS but I think you need to avoid a lot of the traditional bits. And think really carefully about why you are taking certain units.

Do feel like putting some Ungor Raiders into mind for the pre-game move, it worth sticking a couple of MSU units in? Might run something like this for some board control, use that great idea of converting a Cygor into a KoS?

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- General
- Ritual Knife
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation  
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation  
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Ritual Knife
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule  
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Great Bray Shaman of Slaanesh (100)
10 x Gors of Slaanesh (70)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Ungor Raiders of Slaanesh (80)
30 x Bestigors of Slaanesh (300)
Depraved Drove (150)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Wounds: 120

14 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Do feel like putting some Ungor Raiders into mind for the pre-game move, it worth sticking a couple of MSU units in? Might run something like this for some board control, use that great idea of converting a Cygor into a KoS?

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- General
- Ritual Knife
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation  
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation  
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
Keeper of Secrets (380)
- Ritual Knife
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule  
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Great Bray Shaman of Slaanesh (100)
10 x Gors of Slaanesh (70)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
30 x Bestigors of Slaanesh (300)
Depraved Drove (150)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Wounds: 120

Just wondering, why take daemonettes and gors over normal ungors? In units of 10, neither of them will be doing anything to make back their points, so you may as well save on points and drops for your min battleline - you'd save 110 points, which could buy a doombull that'll be more likely to summon daemonettes

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Just wondering, why take daemonettes and gors over normal ungors? In units of 10, neither of them will be doing anything to make back their points, so you may as well save on points and drops for your min battleline - you'd save 110 points, which could buy a doombull that'll be more likely to summon daemonettes

Awesome, super helpful, thanks man. Might just take The Masque instead of a Doombull because I love the model, even if it isn’t as choppy and adds a drop. 

• Like 1