AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

4 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

I know you shouldn’t give exacts, but are points going up or down? Hoping KoSs are going down with how DP/Locus changes are showing. Otherwise they’ll be over costed as is at 380. 

They're going up and down in unexpected ways - some very unexpected ways, in some cases. 

That said, I think you could build a cheap 2000 points Slaanesh army with some of these points. As long as they're well costed, we could make an awesome elite army.

Without saying too much, Glutos is cheaper than expected, Hellstriders are bizarrely expensive (warscroll change I think), Slickblades are pretty expensive, as are our two armoured troops. 

That said, I don't think it's easy to say what is and isn't worth it at this stage as we don't know their rules. The points make me more excited as it suggests we're going to be a very elite army if we want to be

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

They're going up and down in unexpected ways - some very unexpected ways, in some cases. 

That said, I think you could build a cheap 2000 points Slaanesh army with some of these points. As long as they're well costed, we could make an awesome elite army.

Without saying too much, Glutos is cheaper than expected, Hellstriders are bizarrely expensive (warscroll change I think), Slickblades are pretty expensive, as are our two armoured troops. 

That said, I don't think it's easy to say what is and isn't worth it at this stage as we don't know their rules. The points make me more excited as it suggests we're going to be a very elite army if we want to be

Hellstriders going up? That’s ridiculous for sure. Bummer...I have five units. 

25 hellstriders

3 keepers

40 seekers

90 daemonettes

3 hellflayers

6 chariots

2 exalted chariots

One of each other hero. That’s about what I have to work with (pre-mortals). Oh, and 60 Marauders.

Gluttos and Sigvald have awesome and thematic rules. Blisbarb Seekers seems to be a bit meh, lots of wounds but low dmg input. I'm pretty sure that they are going to be good obj-grabbers but they a low on models.

Really curious about painbringers and twinsouls and I think that Slaangors are going to be scary.

• Like 1

My hope is that the Hellstrider points increase comes with some fun new rules.

The Painbringers & Twinsouls having a 150 & 170 points value is a surprise, seems they're more elite than blood warriors and chaos warriors. 

I'm most interested in conditional battleline, I don't wanna field Daemonettes so I hope Hellstriders or Blissbarbs have 'battleline if...'

• Like 2

Just now, Klamm said:

I'm most interested in conditional battleline, I don't wanna field Daemonettes so I hope Hellstriders or Blissbarbs have 'battleline if...'

From my very limited Italian skills, we have 6 Hedonite battleline options :)

• Like 1

Hot take:

Im a bit let down by Blissbard Seekers since I was looking forward to the return of ranged light cav. Sure they're fast but their output is pretty terrible at 2,9 wounds against 4+ save from a unit of 5. There are also sooo many things with absurd threat ranges that will easily tag them at 18". Maybe Im missing something.  At this point I will probably be inclined to pick Slickblades instead if their combat profile is good/decent.

New Locus is great and adds a ****** ton of survivability to heroes in combat, new depravity is fantastic. Sigwald looks solid but a bit janky. Summoning costs seems very low, if the "one summon per turn" rule is true then you are probably summoning 12 costs almost every turn if you have the right type of list.

All in all the depravity change is enough to make me super happy, everything else is just bonus at this point.

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

From my very limited Italian skills, we have 6 Hedonite battleline options :)

Painbringers and Twinsouls were mentioned, on top of Daemonettes does that include any of the cav? The page I saw had that column cut out of the pic. 

3 minutes ago, Klamm said:

Painbringers and Twinsouls were mentioned, on top of Daemonettes does that include any of the cav? The page I saw had that column cut out of the pic. 

Archers and both kind of hellstriders are battleline if Hedonites allegiance. Other than that is the know options (myrmidesh and twinsoul with Lord of Pain as general and Seeker chariot on the seekers host).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, umpac said:

Summoning costs seems very low, if the "one summon per turn" rule is true then you are probably summoning 12 costs almost every turn if you have the right type of list.

If it's not an errata, only one summon per turn, and it's impossible to have DP in the first turn if you go first (you get them after the bravery phase). 

Btw, 1 battleline and 6 conditional (3 for a slaaneshi army, 2 with Lord of Pain as general and 1 with a subfaction)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

If it's not an errata, only one summon per turn, and it's impossible to have DP in the first turn if you go first (you get them after the bravery phase). 

Yeah I know, first turn is going to be a dud even if you go 2nd since your opponent can control how much DP you get. What I meant with "almost every turn" as basically every turn from the 2nd and forward. Either way Im thrilled depravity now triggers for non-heroes AND isn't drastically different vs 1W or 2W armies.

I'm really interested in getting some models on the table and actually playing a few games. The new depravity rules sound much more inclusive but they also seem to have a lot of counter play. Your opponent can mostly get around them by focusing units down so it's unlikely you'll get more than one or two points on their turn. Also playing to hurt your opponents units rather than kill them is generally a terrible idea. People will be able to summon a lot, but they'll find themselves losing the attrition battle and objectives very quickly. I could definitely be wrong, but from first glance I don't think summoning is going to be a huge deal and armies built to maximize it will struggle a bit. If we have ways of causing chip damage to our own units (like if the wheels endless spell hasn't changed significantly) then it might be viable, but even then it's hard to say if it'll actually be worth the cost.  

I agree with @Enoby about the points, I'm really curious to see what the new warscrolls look like. The biggest thing that caught my eye was the hike for all the heralds in various forms. I'm hoping they've had a buff of sorts to justify it, but I'm also a little worried GW is overvaluing the new locus or trying to push people away from using the heroes they bought for last edition. Can't wait for the full rules tomorrow!

Oh, can anyone give a quick run down on glutos? I can't seem to find the warscroll. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benkei said:

260 for Sigvald sounds like a cruel joke for such a gorgeous model, Eltharion kinda craps all over him

I had a look into this stats wise, looking at both of them on an average charge (both get a bonus). Without a charge, Sigvald is worse, but with a charge he could be considerably better.

Eltharion does a little bit more against a basic opponent (first pic), but worse against 5+++ and 6+++ saves. 

His shooting does usually about 2 damage, so count that too.

Importantly though, if Eltharion gets bombarded with 10 mortal wounds from spells or abilities, he takes all of those 10 and dies, whereas Sigvald takes 5 and lives. 

Against high rend attacks, Eltharion has the edge in defence, whereas Sigvald fairs much better against low and no rend attacks (and the aformention mortal wounds). 

Eltharion does not benefit from any of the allegiance abilities of Lumineth, and Sigvald is much more likely to make the charge with an average of a 9-10".

They're pretty equal really.

Screenshot_20210212-170318_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210212-170636_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210212-170701_Chrome.jpg

Re: Sigvald and Eltharion, yes they are pretty equal except one is 40 points cheaper and, looking at your table, does more damage and has a command ability. Makes no sense. 

P. 😧 I'd like that link too if possible via pm

Edited by Benkei

2 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

No herd keyword for Slaangors is a pass for me in beasts. They let all the tzaangors have one but not these. 

I can see them being fairly decent in slaanesh and maybe slaves to darkness at least. 

They do have the Mortal Keyword which is nice - means they can benefit from command abilities :)

I’m very happy that I was wrong in predicting that the battletomb will being underwhelming. My initial guess was that because GW was being hesitant to release rule teasers, that there was going to be some prominent unwanted changes that would have deflated hype. 

From the leaks, I am confident that the release is going to be decent. The Blissbarb seekers are the only unit to me that seems “meh” so far, though to be fair there are still a lot of unknowns.  Sigvald is a blender, and on the charge he’s going to tear up whatever is unfortunate to be on the receiving end. The +6 mortal wounds is nice for the painbringers, anything that allows for mortal wounds to be dealt is always a big plus. Assuming that there are more rules on the warscrolls and decent battalions, I’m not as worried about the twinsouls not having rend; I have a feeling there will be other ways to buff them via battalions or synergies.

There are still a lot of unknowns, but from what I’ve gathered I’ll have the option to put together a nice list that includes Sigvald, some painbringers, a Lord of Pain, and a shardspeaker or two. Optionally adding some Fiendbloods (glass cannon unit?) and Daemon support heroes like a Contorted Epitome or Infernal Enrapturess (assuming they can benefit mortals), and it will be a decent core. I can also try to summon in some Fiends, or other daemon units I feel will best support me. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 1

Saw the slaangor warscroll on Reddit. It's... Pretty bad for 140 points. Damage output is terrible and they're going to die to a stiff breeze. I'm wondering if maybe there are some really powerful spells or command abilities that we're missing. Maybe a +1 damage or -2 rend or something. There must be something that makes them work. 

• Like 1