Red Elephant in the room

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IT/Skaarac-the-Bloodborn

"The great khorgorath of khorne" is missing khorgorath keyword from warscroll!

For the brass citadel targets khorgoraths.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Will they remove great khorgorath of khorne from his name?

Will they add khorgorath keyword to his warscroll?

Will they do nothing and let our beloved great khorgorath of khorne just be forgotten about, because we all know if he doesn't get that keyword he wont see use in this new battletome!

It's highly likely we may see that warscroll updated following the new Khorne Battletome.  Forge World no longer deals with anything rules related, instead the main GW Design Team do, so I'm sure they'll be aware that the warscroll could do with a few tweaks

It was a decision taken by GWHQ the beginning of the year.  No big announcement made, I found out when I was up at the Heresy Weekender talking to the FW staff.  As far as I could make out (and the guys were being super professional about it), it was decided that it made more sense for FW to focus on models and the Age of Darkness ruleset and for AoS and 40k rules to be handled by the appropriate design studios.  It's the reason we've seen the Squig and Troggoth keywords changed.

33 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

It's highly likely we may see that warscroll updated following the new Khorne Battletome.  Forge World no longer deals with anything rules related, instead the main GW Design Team do, so I'm sure they'll be aware that the warscroll could do with a few tweaks

This is nice info. Ever since AOS2 I have felt FW rules have been much better aligned with the rest of the game. May I ask where you heard this/if you confident it is true?

You answered it while I am typing. Thanks.

38 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Praying like a slaughter priest your correct

37 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Not really. They just started including forge world models in the battletomes and in the sigmar app. So forge world has no need to keep up with the fantasy side of rules anymore.

Haven't they always been in the app? Which Battletome did they start putting FW stuff in?

6 hours ago, JPjr said:

I don’t think the gloomspite BT includes the relevant FW warscrolls (Collosal Squig & Troggoth Hag). I need to double check but remember being mildly surprised they didn’t.

They're not. Mourngul isn't in Nighthaunt either.

Not a single FW model has ever appeared in an AoS battletome, its weird when they are so prominently listed with their factions on the app. Mind you im still dubious of FW rules after how broken the mourngul and that chaos teleporting bloke were a couple of years ago 😁 stuff seems a bit more balanced nowadays tho imo.

Talking of FW models, one thing I do find a little odd about a lot of their 'rules' is not that they're are so broken and powerful that they're must buy models, but that they could probably shift a load more if they were a bit more canny about the allegiance keywords they give a lot of them. 

24 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Talking of FW models, one thing I do find a little odd about a lot of their 'rules' is not that they're are so broken and powerful that they're must buy models, but that they could probably shift a load more if they were a bit more canny about the allegiance keywords they give a lot of them. 

They seem to be getting better about it as they rerelease battletomes for 2nd edition, but I agree.  They made a huge amount of Destruction monsters but then did not create a good way through allegiances and/or point values to get many of them into a list.  My interest in units such as the Dreadmaw, Basilisk, or Merwyrm is pretty low since despite having models that I like they don’t fit well into armies other than generic Destruction.  And within generic Destruction lists they don’t have rules that are so compelling it is worth fielding such a bland force.

I don’t need a huge amount of incentive to pick up cool models, but I would like at least a little bit.

33 minutes ago, JPjr said:

*cough* Skin Wolves  being Monsters of Chaos, and thus cannot even be allied into BoC *cough*

Same applies to Preyton, but they don't sell him anymore.

2 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Not a single FW model has ever appeared in an AoS battletome, its weird when they are so prominently listed with their factions on the app. Mind you im still dubious of FW rules after how broken the mourngul and that chaos teleporting bloke were a couple of years ago 😁 stuff seems a bit more balanced nowadays tho imo.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Though they veil does seem to be thinning. The last big AoS FAQ added all the FW base sizes to the designers commentary. Maybe one day we'll actually see FW stuff in an AoS or 40k book. They already put the Forgeworld stuff for MESBG in the books, and I think the newer Necromunda books had rules for the FW only bounty hunters.

The Skullcrushers are still missing a Daemon keyword
The Mighty Lord of Khorne with Fleshhound is still missing a Daemon keyword
The Khorne Lord on Juggernaut is still missing a Daemon keyword

The fun don't stop, Skullcannon edition ;) 
image.png.4f7fb5a67bc387cdbcfd8648b51d0768.png

On 3/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, RuneBrush said:

It was a decision taken by GWHQ the beginning of the year.  No big announcement made, I found out when I was up at the Heresy Weekender talking to the FW staff.  As far as I could make out (and the guys were being super professional about it), it was decided that it made more sense for FW to focus on models and the Age of Darkness ruleset and for AoS and 40k rules to be handled by the appropriate design studios.  It's the reason we've seen the Squig and Troggoth keywords changed.

My GW Store Manager keeps telling me they're relegated to the boutique and side games now and making models and rules for them (underworlds, blood bowl, necromunda, etc...) and GW is handling the big games by themselves now or something to that effect. 

Archived