5kaven5lave

On 3/8/2021 at 7:45 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

So I made two lists, that I am actually kinda interested in using in future real live event.

With the second list I would at least use the Clawpack battalion to ensure you dictate the initiative in the first round. Otherwise I would guess you will be often trapped in your deployment zone and you have very little to fight your way out. (Also it would get you the extra attack with a bunch of your units).

12 hours ago, DocKeule said:

With the second list I would at least use the Clawpack battalion to ensure you dictate the initiative in the first round. Otherwise I would guess you will be often trapped in your deployment zone and you have very little to fight your way out. (Also it would get you the extra attack with a bunch of your units).

It those sound great, but I consider any battailon, in our book a total fail.

clawpack is an amazing looking formation, but it has it’s problems.

for example the price, at 180points you

r basically trading a unit of clanrats for that battailon,

which gives you a command point (worth 50points) an artefact (worth 20-50points)

and the chance to buff all your units wholly within 13inches (worth 0- (-20)points)

you also get the chance to reduce your drops from 13/16 down to 10/13, which is currently just a joke.

if I’d take the battailons, I would have to trait out 4whole units of clanrats for a clawlord, a unit of stormvermins, and a useless battailon, which would usually be the way I would think.

considering that my second list has basically nothing but clanrats, my drops would go down to 2, which may not sound that great but isn’t that great, yet I still am basically dropping in bodies, which is pretty bad for s current skaven player.

So conclusion, I might, I might not do it.

I'm considering a fun package to run in a few lists: Making a murderous Clawlord kamikazee. I'm giving the Incandescent Rageblade from Aqshy, the brutal fury command trait and teleporting him within 6'' of enemy lines. The extra spice is with Dreaded Death Frenzy (of course) but I was given paws when thinking about the Clawlord's "Cornered Fury" ability. I expect him to die, then pile in and attack, but upon death, lets say from full health to zero from a gargant swing, what is the timing of the allocated wounds to determine extra attacks?

I'm also trying to toy with endless spells (The Burning Head) to throw over the Clawlord and off then off the board to dispel it. It'll deal some MWs, give some extra attacks the the little guy in the process. 

On 3/5/2021 at 2:09 PM, Gwendar said:

Well, I think I've had enough of a break away from AoS and with Nashcon currently a go for this year and with NOVA making an announcement in a couple weeks... I figure it's time to get back into practice with a group of locals (maybe some TTS but I've mostly been burnt out on it) that are ready to play comp again. Now of course we may be looking at AoS 3.0 before Fall when these tournaments take place, but for now these are 2 lists I'm looking at running and polishing:

Balance

Hide contents

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (200)
- Artefact: Liber Bubonicus

Battleline 
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 190

12 Fiends

Hide contents

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
Warlock Bombardier (120)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets

Bell of Doom (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 175

I love your first list . I wanna try something similar on tts. What about play only 6 jezail for some ratling ? I think they are underrated,  expecially with sparks 

4 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

I love your first list . I wanna try something similar on tts. What about play only 6 jezail for some ratling ? I think they are underrated,  expecially with sparks 

Ratlings are underrated, sure, but I still don't think they hold up to a more comp setting and I would need at least 3 which I don't want to sacrifice anything for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

Hi guys!

Where are the pestilens vermins in this meta?

Are they playable ? 

They

are very much playable.

although it more often then not ends in you fielding nothing put plague monks and 1-2Heroes, and the battailon.

so not that much variation 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

A little thing like that???

3 drops

I don't know for the second artefact.

Leaders
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Rot and Ruin
- Artefact: Liber Bubonicus
Verminlord Corruptor (280)

Battleline
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
10 x Plague Monks (80)
- Foetid Blades
10 x Plague Monks (80)
- Foetid Blades
10 x Plague Monks (80)
- Foetid Blades

Battalions
Congregation of Filth (160)

Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 188

4 hours ago, Iron Fist said:

A little thing like that???

3 drops

I don't know for the second artefact.

Leaders
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Rot and Ruin
- Artefact: Liber Bubonicus
Verminlord Corruptor (280)

Battleline
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
10 x Plague Monks (80)
- Foetid Blades
10 x Plague Monks (80)
- Foetid Blades
10 x Plague Monks (80)
- Foetid Blades

Battalions
Congregation of Filth (160)

Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 188

I think I'd drop the 2nd Plague Furnace and the 3x10 Monks....and ally in a Great Unclean One (with a big horned ratskull helmet).  And give him the bell and flail.  Then your other Monks and Furnace and Corruptor (whom I'd give the Chamon Armor for extra durability) could go +3" if they start near enough to the GUO.  Not sure if the Glottkin's CA can affect non-mortal Nurglites but I know the GUO bell can.    OR drop the the Umbral Portal and/or a 1x10 Monk unit for another Plague Priest or 2 on foot and really max out the Great Plagues and Prayers.  That can be so nasty!  And un-unbindable.    

On 3/13/2021 at 2:46 AM, Inquisitorsz said:

Does anyone know of any skaven gas mask head 3D models? 

I'd like to print some out before I go sculpting them. 

Or any 3rd party ones I guess? 

For skryer acolyte conversions. 

This is on Shapeways:

Warhammer Skaven Acolyte Heads Hands Backpacks (Z6QLMH4W5) by CarvedMetal (shapeways.com)

On 3/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, Inquisitorsz said:

Does anyone know of any skaven gas mask head 3D models? 

I'd like to print some out before I go sculpting them. 

Or any 3rd party ones I guess? 

For skryer acolyte conversions. 

You could try this place. You can buy the resin bits or the STL file if you have a 3D printer. 

https://strataminiatures.com/shop/?store-page=Ratmen-Miniatures-and-Conversion-Sets-c56309146

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally decided to get back into the game, pre pandemic. Played some games recently and determined, that for myself at least, that clanrats are not worth it unless you heavily invest in battleshock immunity or else they just evaporate with so many fast melee or heavy shooting units out there. I also noticed that there is almost no way to win the drop game to determine who chooses to go first as a Skaven player unless you start taking lots of battalions. Then I went back to the drawing board and decided to go big or go with a pure Clan Skryre list. I plan to test it out in the coming weeks but I also wanted to share it here to see what people thought of it especially since I'm not seeing much chatter her on Skryre or in general. So ultimately I want a list that can pump out damage with at least 4 threats, have some decent speed and enough annoyance in a sort of msu style list for objective purposes. The list is:

Leaders
Warlock Engineer (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator

Battleline
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)

Units
1 x Doomwheel (150)
1 x Doomwheel (150)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Artillery
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Wounds: 122

I may drop the Ratling Guns for some combination of more acolytes and/or another Engineer and give the general the Deranged Inventor trait to add some more consistency to the stormfiends after some testing.

Edited by Drcrabs
  • Like 2

Welcome back to Blight City!  That's a very interesting army idea.  You have that many Acolytes?  I've got 10 so far and with the bits sprues I found on Shapeways I plan to have perhaps 40 sometime soon.  The MSU style is intriguing and I think very wise.  Then battleshock is almost moot.  Seems like an Arch Warlock might be advisable though for a more durable general /greater duration of WarpSparks.

I like the idea of a 1 drop Skryre army and a few different builds at that but I think those extra points certainly do cost model count.  Eager to read some reports of how it fares.  When I get to play with mine in the next month or so I'll post mine too.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Welcome back to Blight City!  That's a very interesting army idea.  You have that many Acolytes?  I've got 10 so far and with the bits sprues I found on Shapeways I plan to have perhaps 40 sometime soon.  The MSU style is intriguing and I think very wise.  Then battleshock is almost moot.  Seems like an Arch Warlock might be advisable though for a more durable general /greater duration of WarpSparks.

I like the idea of a 1 drop Skryre army and a few different builds at that but I think those extra points certainly do cost model count.  Eager to read some reports of how it fares.  When I get to play with mine in the next month or so I'll post mine too.

I had actually planned on using two blocks of 20 acolytes about a year ago so I've mostly prepared but they're just plaguemonk bodies with ghoul arms for holding the orbs and kharadon arkanaut backpacks. I definitely thought about using the Arch-Warlock as a more durable character and will definitely consider it after some tests with my group. I also thought about adding some battalions to make it a one or two drop army but ours cost way too much right now and like you said the bodies might be more important but the temptation is definitely there.

Thanks for the kind praise! Hopefully it works out but either way the list seems like fun to play regardless. I'll definitely try and remember to post some results with it and I'll love to read yours!

So with 3rd edition right around the corner (rumored for july instead of a ghb), smaller board to match 40k all but confirmed, charge reactions such as overwatch rumoured,  how do you guys think this will affect our ratties?

Obviously our ranges on our guns will start closer to the opponent. Our screens will also be more effective with less board space. 

I think pre game moves (nightrunners) are going to be even more valuable because getting to mid objectives before the game even starts will be that much easier.

Gnawholes will be harder to use but cover more space.

Edited by Verminlord

Tunneling will be harder with stormfiends and warpgrinder as well. Also staying out of range for missiles and magic will get more difticult for us as well. And we will see more early charges and will have to deal with our meatshields being decimated even earlier as well. Turn one initiative will get more important  to be able to use deepstrike abilities so we might see more use of battalions. 

Soooo, anyone tried running a for fun skryre only list with Whyrblade Treshik to give stormfiends +3 to move, charge and pile in?😅
Not sure if people know it, but wording says "move", not any specific, so you can cheek this to movement phase / charge / pile in. Toss in vigordust, and you'll have those fiends charging with +4 lol.

Warpcogs:
Whyrlblade Threshik
Arkhspark Voltik

1x Arch Warlock (vigordust)
1x engineer
1x engineer (Vial of the fulminator)

6x stormfiends
3x stormfiends
5x Acolytes

1x Warp lightning cannon
2x doomwheels
1x Doom-Flayer

1x random 40pts endless spell

Let those 2 doomwheels hang back with the fulminator engineer, and roll those 8xd6 movement speed rolls😂
1 drop list.

Edited by Darkhan
  • Like 2

Ooh wow, 3rd ed this summer?!  That's fast!  I hope it doesn't change too much.  Smaller table would mean perhaps I could game at home.  If the turn priority stays, I hope they dump the 'whoever went first in the previous turn wins the tie' thing.   I also hope they encourage movement trays for units 10 models or more.  So many people still don't use them and it takes forever to even set up.  

On 3/5/2021 at 2:09 PM, Gwendar said:

Well, I think I've had enough of a break away from AoS and with Nashcon currently a go for this year and with NOVA making an announcement in a couple weeks... I figure it's time to get back into practice with a group of locals (maybe some TTS but I've mostly been burnt out on it) that are ready to play comp again. Now of course we may be looking at AoS 3.0 before Fall when these tournaments take place, but for now these are 2 lists I'm looking at running and polishing:

Balance

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (200)
- Artefact: Liber Bubonicus

Battleline 
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 190

12 Fiends

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
Warlock Bombardier (120)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets

Bell of Doom (40)

Wounds: 175

12 fiends man! 12 fiends anyday! It's chill, relaxing, fun and hilarious, specially at an event. Doing 12 fiends at the next tourney myself.

Played a similar list against Khorne bloodthirster list, his 2x thirsters 1x greater deamon thirster never saw combat😂

I would consider dropping the screaming bell for maybe just a wizard on foot. Toss in more clanrats, and ever consider taking up geminids.

9 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

If the turn priority stays, I hope they dump the 'whoever went first in the previous turn wins the tie' thing. 

I would rather have them make a double-turn less likely instead of more. 

What I would like to see would be a simple roll for initiative turn 1 because having less drops/models does not say anything about having a weaker army these days and the battalions are very unevenly usefull between the factions. If they keep the random turn order I would like to see doubleturn made less likely especially in the earlier rounds (2 and 3) because with the current shooting and magic-meta that breaks most games. 

Something like: The player who had the first turn in round 1 gets +3 on his priority roll for the second round. The player who had first turn in round two gets +2 on his priority roll for turn 3 and so on. 

19 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Soooo, anyone tried running a for fun skryre only list with Whyrblade Treshik to give stormfiends +3 to move, charge and pile in?😅
Not sure if people know it, but wording says "move", not any specific, so you can cheek this to movement phase / charge / pile in. Toss in vigordust, and you'll have those fiends charging with +4 lol.

Warpcogs:
Whyrlblade Threshik
Arkhspark Voltik

1x Arch Warlock (vigordust)
1x engineer
1x engineer (Vial of the fulminator)

6x stormfiends
3x stormfiends
5x Acolytes

1x Warp lightning cannon
2x doomwheels
1x Doom-Flayer

1x random 40pts endless spell

Let those 2 doomwheels hang back with the fulminator engineer, and roll those 8xd6 movement speed rolls😂
1 drop list.

I definitely want to see this in action! I thought about going down the route of Warpcogs battalion myself but with Arkhspark Voltik and Gascloud Chokelung and have the stormfiends and the majority of the army go through the soulscream bridge for a high risk high reward one drop list.

• Like 2