New Forgeworld Points are Out!

Enoby

have you seen how mental the Warpgnaw verminlord is with his ability to ambush with any skaven unit.... so thanquol, verminlords, etc

and his spell for splitting hordes out of coherency ....

sure there are more but I'd love to have the developers thoughts document on these like we do for the battletome changes lol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skaarac got 60pts cheaper.

He's now slighter slower moving, and his main melee attack is less random and more reliable.

His missile and main melee attack degrade slightly less with wounds suffered.

His spell debuff is now -2 to cast and only applies to enemy casters (nice buff).

His bravery debuff is now only -1 but is always active.

The range on his death explosion is 3" instead of D6" and now you have to roll a 4+ instead of automatically causing mortals. It doesn't effect friendly units any more.

His CA went from run-and-charge to all Khorne monsters in 12" to reroll charge for all Khorne in 12".

-- Overall I think these are decent changes but the Burning Blood missile needs some rend considering it's only 1 attack and only 8" range. Even with his ability to heal wounds in combat, he's still pretty fragile for his cost with only a 4+ save, no mortal wound protection and no access to artefacts. I think he'll fit well into Bloodbound lists though.

Tamurkhan got 40pts cheaper.

His movement degrades less.

His jaw weapon got worse, no longer causing mortal wounds.

The dragon's weapon got more reliable and slightly more attacks.

He lost the fun ability to possess enemies (that never happened) and gained the ability to prevent himself from dying and heal D6 wounds if he kills an enemy hero within 3" via D3 mortals. 

His CA is now a wholly within 28" charge reroll instead of monsters only.

-- I can't really see any use for him in a Nurgle list other than a fun centerpiece model. He should kill tar-pits faster at least. The new Tamurkhan alliegiance doesn't seem great. Are charge rerolls that useful to Nurgle?

47 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Sometimes I feel Forgeworld makes decisions by throwing darts at an idea board. The exalted greater daemons, especially the Nurgle one (but maybe not the Slaanesh one), have been hit hard for no real reason - it wasn't as if people found them too strong. The only one I ever saw get used was the Slaanesh one and that arguably got hit the least. 

I thought that too - until it dawned on me that it's possible to summon them for free now :o  Still unsure how you achieve 16 Blood Tithe points though ;)

52 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Sometimes I feel Forgeworld makes decisions by throwing darts at an idea board. The exalted greater daemons, especially the Nurgle one (but maybe not the Slaanesh one), have been hit hard for no real reason - it wasn't as if people found them too strong. The only one I ever saw get used was the Slaanesh one and that arguably got hit the least. 

3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I thought that too - until it dawned on me that it's possible to summon them for free now :o  Still unsure how you achieve 16 Blood Tithe points though ;)

I find it funny (although owning one slightly frustrating) that the Exalted Nurgle Daemon has less wounds than Khorne and Tzeentch ?

5 minutes ago, Locien83 said:

I find it funny (although owning one slightly frustrating) that the Exalted Nurgle Daemon has less wounds than Khorne and Tzeentch ?

Does feel a bit weird, but the ignore damage roll and ease at which Nurgle can heal wounds does go quite a way to offset this ;)

It makes me a little sad to see the Exalted Daemon of Nurgle be blasted to irrelevance, but honestly, I only ever used it as a GUO anyway.  I just don't like the new model, and the more I look at it, the less I like it; the grumpy face has no place in my joyful throng, and the smiling face looks almost exactly like an Orruk, much more so than most Orruks do, in fact, right down to the nose. WYSIWYG -- his weighty intestines function perfectly well as a flail, and who needs a silly old bell to ring when you have that beautiful GUO baritone singing voice to inspire your daemons greater heights?

That actually gives me a modelling idea.  A clear word balloon with music notes painting on just like the little guy in my avatar.  

I posted this questions twice because I think there is something on this one: (here and in the death forum) 

I was comparing the chaos mamouth war and the mourngul.... 320 vs 300

But 22 pv vs 10, same same and soooooo many more attaks for the mamouth. So, is this an error for the mamouth?

I feel the decision making on Forgeworld points and warscrolls is too unstable for my liking. If i buy a very expensive model with a reasonable warscroll and the following  year they nerf it to oblivion like they did for example with the Exalted greater Unclean One, why would i want to commit any income on their models?

At least on the case of Games Workshop warscrolls, they rarely directly nerf a warscroll by changing it, unless there is something broken that needs fixing beyond point costs.

Mourngul's changes seem to be mostly lateral from the last update that really nerfed him and really just makes him a big version of every other Nighthaunt model, but the 50 point drop is nice, but not sure if it's enough. Save going up to 4+ is disappointing. He already lost most of his tanky status when he lost his wound shrugs, but now all he's got going for him is the 10 wounds which basically makes him two heroes smashed together profile wise, but without any real abilities. I'll still be bringing him because I have one and I like the model, but people who build lists to be effective are probably going to have a hard time paying even the lower 300 points for him.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Mourngul's changes seem to be mostly lateral from the last update that really nerfed him and really just makes him a big version of every other Nighthaunt model, but the 50 point drop is nice, but not sure if it's enough. Save going up to 4+ is disappointing. He already lost most of his tanky status when he lost his wound shrugs, but now all he's got going for him is the 10 wounds which basically makes him two heroes smashed together profile wise, but without any real abilities. I'll still be bringing him because I have one and I like the model, but people who build lists to be effective are probably going to have a hard time paying even the lower 300 points for him.

I mostly agree but don't forget that we don't already have to full scope of the new NH faction (battletome soooooon). Maybe it can be buffed. POint wise it seems almost on par with other monsters. Let's git it the benefit of the doubt for one or 2 more weeks ;)

I just ordered the Moonclan set from FW yesterday, and it looks like I'll need a spare unit of squigs for the Colossal Squigs new ability:

If this model is slain, before removing the model
from play, roll a dice for each enemy unit within
3" of it. On a 2+, that unit suffers D3 mortal
wounds. Then, you can add 1 unit of up to 5
C av e S qu i g s
to your army. Set up the unit of
C av e S qu i g s
wholly within 9" of this model and
more than 3" from any enemy models, and then
remove this model from the battlefield.

Looks like my Moonclan won't be left out of the free summoning party completely.

2 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

Plague toads also got hit hard, their ability to shrug of mortal wounds or wounds on a 4+ is now nerfed to only negate Mortal wounds, and they still have a 5+ save ?

Exalted Greater Unclean One also got mangled, especially his 3+ save becoming a 4+ .

At least the Bile Troggoths got an improvement.

Mazarral the Butcher also got a nice buff, better save and fixed attackes instead of the dX attacks.

id consider his attack profile a bigger insult tbh. hes pathetic now 

After comparing the rogue idol and troggoth hag changes directly compared to the old ones I'm really not fond of the changes. Troggoth hag only got nerfs and went up 20 pts to 380 and the rogue idol got some changes that bring more consistency ( no more 2d6 move and attacks) but besides that only nerfs for the same point cost -.-

4 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

Really? They seem very comparable to Vargheists now, 120 points with an even better ability seems a bit too good maybe? Didn't see anyone using them though...

I used skin wolves a couple of time and I think they are gotten better or at least stayed the same. They now wound on 3s instead of 4s, terrifying bloodlust triggers on 6s instead of 5s but you now get an extra wound roll instead of an extra attack that you would have to roll for. Also bounding predators is actually useable, before it let them pile in 6" and move over models but they still had to start within 3" and move to the closest model. 

Archived