New Forgeworld Points are Out!

Enoby

So, it seems Forgeworld hs released their points early. Quite a few changes here! 

The strangest one for me is the fact that the exalted daemons don't count as leaders anymore (but are still heroes); does this mean they can't be generals, and does it mean that they don't take up the leader allowance?  

Some warscrolls have been changed, too. 

FB_IMG_1530261220065.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Karol said:

the prices are crazy 0_0. 160 pounds plus difference in vat, is like a months salary for one model.

The models are awesome however. Forgeworld is niche GW for detailed resin models alot of people use as centrepieces. All my favourite units in my army come from there.

1 minute ago, Karol said:

the prices are crazy 0_0. 160 pounds plus difference in vat, is like a months salary for one model.

£160 is one months salary? Where do you live? Over here the average salary is something like £2000. Did you mean £1600?

In Poland the avarge is around 600 pounds, the thing is 66% of all people don't make that much and 25% don't make 404pounds. with tax, rent etc 160 pounds is what my mom earns as a high school teacher with 15 years of expiriance, and in Poland teachers get a higher salary with more years of working.

This is why in the last 10 years something like 2 mil poles between the age 19-29 left for UK, swedlandia andthe netherlands. Can't really beat getting 4times the salary for same job, with a in general better work atmospher.

6 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

The models are awesome however. Forgeworld is niche GW for detailed resin models alot of people use as centrepieces. All my favourite units in my army come from there.

Unfortunately the quality of the casts is often far from awesome... :)

4 minutes ago, Karol said:

In Poland the avarge is around 600 pounds, the thing is 66% of all people don't make that much and 25% don't make 404pounds. with tax, rent etc 160 pounds is what my mom earns as a high school teacher with 15 years of expiriance, and in Poland teachers get a higher salary with more years of working. 

Ah, I was looking at your average salary and still thinking you were mistaken since it is actually not that low, but yeah that's crazy how much it varies. We tend to have a much tighter spread of salaries in Sweden, so the average is very close to what most people earn. I can't see many people being able to afford GW models, let alone FW models, with those salaries.

Wow, Skin Wolves seem really great. 160 points for 12 wounds with a 5+ save and 12 attacks at 3+ 3+ -1 D2! Plus a bonus extra hits ability. I just wish their movement was a bit higher, although run+charge does mitigate that a bit. Might buy some for my Tzeentch.

11 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

Ah, I was looking at your average salary and still thinking you were mistaken since it is actually not that low, but yeah that's crazy how much it varies. We tend to have a much tighter spread of salaries in Sweden, so the average is very close to what most people earn. I can't see many people being able to afford GW models, let alone FW models, with those salaries.

the avarge salary is 3200zl that in pounds in Poland right now 640 pounds. The thing is that is the avarge, 66% of Poles do not make the avarge, the mediana is 1000 zl lower, and a quarter of the people make 404. It is last year salary data, from the polish office of statistics. The avarge pay is by the way a running joke among Poles, because no  body knows anyone who earns that much. All that can earn that much earn a lot more, and those that can't earn a lot less.

2 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

Wow, Skin Wolves seem really great. 160 points for 12 wounds with a 5+ save and 12 attacks at 3+ 3+ -1 D2! Plus a bonus extra hits ability. I just wish their movement was a bit higher, although run+charge does mitigate that a bit. Might buy some for my Tzeentch.

Well they got hardly hit by the nerf-hammer,  had the extra hit on 5+ wound and hit and were at 120 points.

1 minute ago, Drib said:

Well they got hardly hit by the nerf-hammer,  had the extra hit on 5+ wound and hit and were at 120 points.

Really? They seem very comparable to Vargheists now, 120 points with an even better ability seems a bit too good maybe? Didn't see anyone using them though...

Plague toads also got hit hard, their ability to shrug of mortal wounds or wounds on a 4+ is now nerfed to only negate Mortal wounds, and they still have a 5+ save ?

Exalted Greater Unclean One also got mangled, especially his 3+ save becoming a 4+ .

At least the Bile Troggoths got an improvement.

Mazarral the Butcher also got a nice buff, better save and fixed attackes instead of the dX attacks.

17 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_fmr_blr_mbs_701_000

Consider forgeworld don't sell their mammoth anymore.

And it's awesome now. 

For a better price i would pick this one instead that also has a howda and supplied with 10 shieldmaidens (female chaos marauders)

http://www.shieldwolfminiatures.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=74

7 minutes ago, Locien83 said:

Is it just me or does there seem to be no logic, reason or consistency to these points and rules changes  haha?

Sometimes I feel Forgeworld makes decisions by throwing darts at an idea board. The exalted greater daemons, especially the Nurgle one (but maybe not the Slaanesh one), have been hit hard for no real reason - it wasn't as if people found them too strong. The only one I ever saw get used was the Slaanesh one and that arguably got hit the least. 

Archived