Legions of Nagash new version errata

Drujeful

27 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

40 skellies+2 necro own the center of the table: super durable! (almost unkillable). Add some boost like a hero (wight king etc...) and it also does some serious damages

Pretty much sounds like my Deathrattle army. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm glad to have it too. And it is sooooooooooooooo fluffy

Glad to hear my planned army is viable! 

I'm planning:

Vampire Lord

Wight King 

2x necro 

2x5 dire wolves 

2x10 Black knights 

1x40 and 2x10 skellies 

20 grave guard 

Deathmarch 

Under the old edition I'd have 50pts to spare for a command point or endless spell. I imagine the new cost of deathmarch will nix that however. 

Still, if I go night a lot of that can outflank. And if I go GH I can get further buffs for the deathrattle with items and command traits ?

52 minutes ago, Captain Roderick said:

Under the old edition I'd have 50pts to spare for a command point or endless spell. I imagine the new cost of deathmarch will nix that however. 

I believe it's gone up by almost double the cost of a single command point.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

the bad news is that skeletons armies are soooooooooooooo long to build!!!! Building 10 skellies took me ages, 10 knights is also long.

As much as I love the models, I definitely do not enjoy this about them. I expect the new Nighthaunt stuff will all go together faster than a single box of skeletons.

7 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

As much as I love the models, I definitely do not enjoy this about them. I expect the new Nighthaunt stuff will all go together faster than a single box of skeletons.

I built the skellis rather quickly, but i was a bit ticked off by the GG. I have built a lot of 2h wielding models before so that part didnt bother me, but the shoulder guards however! There is almost no space to put them when the head is attached, they didnt at all go where i thought they would before assembling. Almost made me skip them entirely. 

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

the bad news is that skeletons armies are soooooooooooooo long to build!!!! Building 10 skellies took me ages, 10 knights is also long. I still have 20  grave guards and 30 skellies to build....

I'm going to try and pretend I'm just doing 1 necromunda gang at a time as that's what I'm used to. Batch painting here we come! 

Maybe you Death players can help me understand the banshee cry.

you roll two dice, add them and compare them to the units bravery characteristic.

does it go against the bravery on the scroll or the modified bravery (+ for 10 models, Banners, - for death thingies around)?

the new rules use bravery ch and modified bravery ch as separate wordings...

47 minutes ago, Myzyrael said:

Maybe you Death players can help me understand the banshee cry.

you roll two dice, add them and compare them to the units bravery characteristic.

does it go against the bravery on the scroll or the modified bravery (+ for 10 models, Banners, - for death thingies around)?

the new rules use bravery ch and modified bravery ch as separate wordings...

Base bravery, without buffs. The number on the warscroll itself. The size bonus isn't a bonus to bravery directly, IIRC, it's a bonus to battleshock rolls. I remember getting tripped up by that last edition.

2 hours ago, Myzyrael said:

You compare the roll to the MODIFIED bravery...

but you have to distinguish between „all-time“ bravery (de-) buffs and the bravery buffs during the battleshock phase.

Some banner add +2 bravery during the battleshock phase, same as the unit size bonus while f.e. Morghast and skelli banners reduce the bravery during every phase. Same with some buff spells and so on.

But the wording is always pretty clear.

38 minutes ago, Myzyrael said:

Ouch thats even worse than expected

Hmmm, kinda sorry for you  XD

if your opponent goes Legion of Blood and has you in a vice out of death banner (skelli unit or knights), morghast and overwhelming dread your guys are in trouble, especially if a terrorgheist is eyeballing them. 

But those are just mortal wounds, a big unit of boyz will be fine (6 wounds are just 3 boyz) and battleshock can be autopassed via command. Purple sun will slay models on a 6 and higher maths tells me that’s going to be 5 models average...

On 6/27/2018 at 4:11 PM, Rod said:

image.png

I find it interesting that they're going to split the black coach into two profiles rather that let Legions take the new one(even though presumably the old model will go away and people buying new ones, would have the new big model). I'm guessing it's going to get some new abilities that will end up broken in a Legions army. My guess is that since Nighthaunt probably won't have gravesites, the bringing back/healing models will be done by heroes, and the new Black Coach will have a very good version of that ability or buff to that ability from others that would end up being pretty broken with grave sites and all the hero abilities in Legion armies to bring models back.

22 hours ago, Urauloth said:

It took me about an hour and a half to get the Nighthaunt half of Soul Wars(except not reapers, but Mymourn banshees instead) assembled without rushing, but then that's almost all easy to build stuff. I suspect the multipart kits will be a bit more fiddly, but hopefully it doesn't get to Spirithost levels of frustrating to assemble.

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I really hope that it is a multi kit build, like the Mortis engine (3 builds).

Very unlikely.  It would have different names and profiles under the nighthaunt heading of tge generals handbook if that were the case.

5 hours ago, deynon said:

paradox about the deathmarch errata and commentary?^^

Tears have clouded there vision...and what are 3“ anyway „judis non calculat“

and the errata only states, that all the MEASUREMENTS have to take place before any movement, then you can move your wightking and follow up with whatever 

Are black knights allowed? still have my wightking on camel...

1 hour ago, Captain Roderick said:

I did see something a little strange at the time, completely fled my mind now though. 

What was it? 

by Errata we still have:

Page 92 – Deathmarch, March of the Dead Change the rules text to: ‘At the start of your hero phase, each unit from this battalion wholly within 12" of the battalion’s Wight King and more than 3" from any enemy units can move 4". The units cannot run, or move within 3" of an enemy unit, and the distance to the Wight King must be measured before any of the moves are made.’

by commentary we have:

Q: In a Deathmarch battalion, can I move friendly units that are within 9" of the Wight King after he has made his 4" move? A: Yes. 

The errata say that you can measure everything before the Wight king moves and that you have to be wholly within 12" while doing it

The commentary let you move first the with wing and it refers to the original version of the text so being within 9"

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Tears have clouded there vision...and what are 3“ anyway „judis non calculat“

and the errata only states, that all the MEASUREMENTS have to take place before any movement, then you can move your wightking and follow up with whatever 

Are black knights allowed? still have my wightking on camel...

Nope cause it would useless to say you that you can mode the WK before so,

And what to you mean by "what are 3" anyway, judis non calculat" ?

If you read accurately it the oher part to be a mess, cause errata say "wholly within 12", the commentary "withhin 9": it's completely different meaning and referring. 

The new AoS app gives a scroll for the mounted necromancer.   Points on the vampire counts  character conversion document.  I can use that model now! 

Thought that was with mentioning.  My question is can it be used in Legions? 

Archived