Legions of Nagash new version errata

Drujeful

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_legions_of_nagash_errata_en.pdf

The Legions of Nagash errata has dropped for second edition. One of the big things I've noticed is:

Page 60 – Legions of Nagash Add: ‘The following units may be selected as part of a Grand Host of Nagash, Legion of Sacrament, Legion of Blood or Legion of Night army and gain the appropriate faction keyword:

• Chainrasp Horde

• Glaivewraith Stalkers

• Grimghast Reapers

• Guardian of Souls

• Knight of Shrouds

• Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed

• Lord Executioner

• Spirit Torment’

Additionally, errata for allocating wounds with The First Cohort Ceaseless Vigil and the necromancer's Undead Minions has been tweaked a bit. 

Page 90 – The First Cohort, Ceaseless Vigil Change to: ‘Before you allocate a wound or mortal wound to Nagash, you can pick a friendly Morghast unit from this battalion within 3" of Nagash and roll a dice. On a 3+ the wound or mortal wound is allocated to that unit instead.’

No more trying to negate the wound with Nagash, then sending it to the Morghasts before trying to negate it with them.

Lots of other tweaks as well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non-mounted knight of shrouds is also approved for legion of nagash, which is nice, I was concerned that it had been left out.  I feel a lot better about that.  It would be nice if Battletome: Nighthaunt removes the 'must be general' requirement on his warscroll, especially as the new wording for frightening touch removes the most powerful interaction of the ability anyway, so there's really no call for the extra restriction.  I'm not holding out a lot of hope, but we'll see.

The first cohort change is a nerf, though I don't mind as the ability makes way more sense this way.  Rolling multiple 'deathless minions' checks against the same wounds always felt distractingly cheesy.  However, the change to the necromancer's undead minions ability is actually a considerable improvement, as it now works on mortal wounds again, like it did before Legions of Nagash.  It also means that your average everyday 100 odd point necromancer is officially more durable than any of the new nighthaunt special characters, including the mortarch of grief, providing the necromancer has any summonable units nearby to kick wounds to.

Q: With Curse of Years, are rolls that may negate the mortal wounds inflicted by the spell taken immediately after the wounds are caused, but before you roll the dice again to see if any more mortal wounds are suffered by the target unit? If yes, do I get to roll for additional mortal wounds for wounds that were negated? 

A: Yes to the first question, and no to the second question. 

there's two separate documents, one errata and the other 'faq' under the label 'designers notes'.  The change to curse of years is in the designers notes.  Specifically, if an ability prevents a mortal wound from a round of CoY, then you don't get that die in the next round.  So if you cast curse of years on nagash, score two mortal wounds on sixes, and his armor saves both away, then you don't get to roll any dice to try for fives, the spell just ends there.

1 minute ago, Arael_Greywings said:

So once you reach one on your rolls that means a unit that hasn't any way of saving against mortals is still wiped out. But if it has the enemy has to roll saves until he either saves or the unit is wiped?

It seems like it does indeed stop there, although a Mortal wound saving unit already just straight up counters CoY. I hate my Nurgle buddy right now... Mirror coy doesn't look like an army comp anymore 

If the target unit has any way to negate mortal wounds, then the unit is no longer automatically wiped out if you get down to ones, because if they save away all your ones in a round, then you don't get to keep rolling.

So lets say you cast curse of years on a unit of skeletons under the effect of deathless minions.  You roll two sixes, the skeletons roll two DI rolls, and pass none. Two skeletons die, and you roll three more dice, scoring two fives.  Again the skeletons fail both DI rolls, suffer two more casualties, you roll two more dice.  You get two 4+, again they fail two DI rolls.  Same at threes, same at twos,  At this point, the skeletons have suffered 10 casualties.  Next round, you automatically get two more wounds, the skeletons roll two DIs and this time pass one.  So the next time you only roll one more die which again automatically passes, but the skeletons pass the DI roll.  you're out of dice now, and the spell ends even though you got down to ones.

2 hours ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

Q: With Curse of Years, are rolls that may negate the mortal wounds inflicted by the spell taken immediately after the wounds are caused, but before you roll the dice again to see if any more mortal wounds are suffered by the target unit? If yes, do I get to roll for additional mortal wounds for wounds that were negated? 

A: Yes to the first question, and no to the second question. 

Thanks, not sure how I missed that!

5 hours ago, arka0415 said:

Sad to see that Endless Legions happens at the end of the Movement Phase. Now you can't move afterward and it makes charges much more difficult.

Another reason to bring the Chronomatic Cogs for that +2 to charge!

5 hours ago, arka0415 said:

Sad to see that Endless Legions happens at the end of the Movement Phase. Now you can't move afterward and it makes charges much more difficult.

Agree, though it does bring it more in line with other summoning/deployment abilities.  From a tactical point of view, it also means you can use your units to keep a gravesite clear and then simply move them prior when you want to bring a unit back.

13 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Agree, though it does bring it more in line with other summoning/deployment abilities.  From a tactical point of view, it also means you can use your units to keep a gravesite clear and then simply move them prior when you want to bring a unit back.

Yeah, it makes sense, still makes me sad that I never got the chance to endless legions, deathmarch, move then charge though. 

1 hour ago, KoalaSnok said:

Another reason to bring the Chronomatic Cogs for that +2 to charge!

Think this is actually viable? Or maybe it's too risky that the Cogs might be dispelled?

Edit: Do the Cogs combo with our Standard Bearers for guaranteed 8" charges?

10 minutes ago, arka0415 said:

Think this is actually viable? Or maybe it's too risky that the Cogs might be dispelled?

First of all you could simply place it out of LoS from enemy casters, if the terrain allows it. Its not predatory so wont move. But it wont really matter that much, you cast it in your hero phase and then get a turns worth of movement/charge bonuses before the enemy can even attempt to dispell it. And an enemy spellcast used to dispell the cogs (which in this case will just be debuffing his own movement), is one less spellcast used for his own spells. Win/win!

(Actually i think dispelling the cogs wouldnt remove the movement bonus for your opponent, it sais the effect lasts until your next hero phase, or another wizard manipulates it. So i guess he could dispell it and still keep the bonus for his turn.)

RE: Necromancer, Undead Minions

So this would go... 

For a normal wound: Roll to hit, roll to wound, then roll to see if the wound passes over to, e.g., some skellies. If it does, roll DM on the skellies. If it doesn't, roll DM on the necromancer. 

For a mortal wound: Roll to see if the wound passes over to, e.g., some skellies. If it does, roll DM on the skellies. If it doesn't, roll DM on the necromancer.  

That right?

Archived