AoS 2 - Fyreslayers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

At least it’s appealing for new starters(like my brother) with all those eyeless models and a hero with no face details. (and I’ll be getting a new shark :D). 

And more news soon for the “Sizzling Duardin” is promising too for that new Fyreslayer tome. 

Also will say I like he has a scaled cloak. Makes me think Fire-spitter units can be a strong possibility.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Firespitter

“The scales of a Firespitter have unique properties grant them intense heat resistance and the ability to swim through lava as if it was water. They also have fiery maws and are capable of spewing streams of magma at those that threaten them.”

“Firespitter Herders drape themselves in outfits made of Firespitter scales, granting them immunity to the reptiles' belligerent and volatile outbursts during their more temperamental moods.”

I admit, little disappointed. Previewing a second box set after the first is filled with new and anticipated models? 

That said, the optimist in me likes the new character and hope they can balance out unique buffs. I do like heroes, and having a variety is cool.

The promise of more to come is nice. At the very least, some rule tweaks and Path to Glory rules will be cool. Or maybe this'll be news on whatever the united duardin rumor stuff is all about. Either way, Slaanesh is poised to be my focus this year, but Fyreslayers are a core army of mine now. 

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

At least it’s appealing for new starters(like my brother) with all those eyeless models and a hero with no face details. (and I’ll be getting a new shark :D). 

And more news soon for the “Sizzling Duardin” is promising too for that new Fyreslayer tome. 

Also will say I like he has a scaled cloak. Makes me think Fire-spitter units can be a strong possibility.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Firespitter

“The scales of a Firespitter have unique properties grant them intense heat resistance and the ability to swim through lava as if it was water. They also have fiery maws and are capable of spewing streams of magma at those that threaten them.”

“Firespitter Herders drape themselves in outfits made of Firespitter scales, granting them immunity to the reptiles' belligerent and volatile outbursts during their more temperamental moods.”

I think it'll just be a Battletome announcement. I think if either FS or IDK were due to get a wave we'd have seen it used on the Advent Calendar instead of both being 40k.

'Sizzling Duardin' just sounds like a play on them having a thing for Fire rather than a hint at anything.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

Yeah, puffing heavy Hopium with the rumor leaker that predicted this box a few months ago that his other predictions of new units for both factions leading up to their battletomes is true too. (Up to his offhand joke about “Hope you guys like Shortstack crab-cakes”. Please let that mean female hearthguards and battle crabs! xD )

New year, new army for me and I'm having a crack at some dwarves.

I was banned from anything chaos due to having too much of it already, and we already had a few people doing Death and Destruction and only one other person doing order so I'm here representing the good guys for a change! 

Magmadroth was a lot of fun even if it was a bit of a pain to put together! 

Still some stuff left to do on it but this is where I am so far trying to get 750 points up and running by the end of Jan! 

I can't decide on what to do with the shoulder flares yet either, so any ideas would be welcome.

PXL_20211230_210339097.MP.jpg

PXL_20211230_210349217.MP.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Do you own a skaven army??

Nah I don't own any Skaven, but I have about 45k points of the rest of chaos half of that being beasts and slaanesh.

If clan molder got a refresh is be all over that with swarms of giant rats! 

11 minutes ago, Feorag said:

Nah I don't own any Skaven, but I have about 45k points of the rest of chaos half of that being beasts and slaanesh.

If clan molder got a refresh is be all over that with swarms of giant rats! 

So you don’t own skaven, 🙃.

well there you go, that is a new project you could do.

And your mates complaining shouldn’t be a problem, after all skaven aren’t considered a “real” chaos faction.

ps: you should definitely try out clans moulder.

there have been a few great conversion work with stormfiends for rat ogres and other monster like creatures from the other races that were reworked into a hell pit.

(I even think that there was a guy using a magmadroth to convert a hell pit out of)

Edited by Skreech Verminking

11 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

And your mates complaining shouldn’t be a problem, after all skaven aren’t considered a “real” chaos faction.

there have been a few great conversion work with stormfiends for rat ogres and other monster like creatures from the other races that were reworked into a hell pit.

(I even think that there was a guy using a magmadroth to convert a hell pit out of)

I'm a massive fan of mierce minis and own the hellpit they did so I'm halfway there! 

As soon as they get new releases I'll be all for adding to my chaos with some body horror Rats! 

38 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hey! Go away! Shoo! Bad rat! Bad! Stop pouching whats left of us in here! lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Is everyone hoping for a new pure Fyreslayers tome, or is anyone else actually rooting for a united Duardin tome....like me?

Personally hoping for fyreslayers tone i don't like the KO aesthetic really it has a couple of nice sculpts but it isn't for me, and the cities dwarves are just something I have never really liked the look of.

I'm just waiting for the redo of the goblin hewer! 

39 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Is everyone hoping for a new pure Fyreslayers tome, or is anyone else actually rooting for a united Duardin tome....like me?

Personally hoping for a mixed tome, or at least a city, that allows us-us to take fyreslayers. In addition to anything that is a dwarf

59 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Hey! Go away! Shoo! Bad rat! Bad! Stop pouching whats left of us in here! lol

I’m a rat with a beard-beard

does this not make me-me one of your kin, Beard-thing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Hoping for a pure Fyreslayers tome, I think Fyreslayers and Kharadron have about as much in common as Freeguild and Darkoath. Both the same species, but wildly different aesthetics and beliefs.

Now a city where you can take all, that's is perfectly fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fyreslayers, Kharadron and Dispossessed are just far too different to justify a soup 'tome imo. Their aesthetics, gameplay and lore are just too radically different. The only thing they have in common are "they're all dwarfs." To me it's like suggesting the Chaos God 'tomes should all be souped because "they're all Chaos worshippers." 

It also gives GW an excuse to just leave FS' out to rot and commit models to the other sub-factions whilst shrugging off any criticism as "well it's still a release for that army."

All of the Dwarf factions have a large amount of potential - yes, even the Dispossessed - and to see that squandered by soup would be a huge disappointment. That said, their reference to 'sizzling duradin' makes me think they're not going to do it.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4