AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, Balthasar said:

I'm not sure that the Hammer of Sigmar will keep the ability to bring back an entire unit of Redeemer on a 5+ with a command point but it would be very powerful with the new rules of Stormkeep 

With how many cp one can get access to now, it would certainly be more powerful, as you could afford to just try more often (still failing too often to rely on it, but the risk/reward gets better with less investment, relatively). I still doubt it would be on the op side compared to other summoning, while ofc a 15 man unit of anything "for free" will most certainly swing a game.

Well, another game last night and another loss against Soulblight. They're quickly becoming my bogey team. Big reason I lost though was that there were only 3 objectives (mission was the rebranded starstrike) and turn 3 he burned the 1 in my turf. Couldn't catch him on VP after that. Positives, Ynestrata single-handedly put the pressure on a VLZD, Manny, and Radukar. She survived the game and killed all but Manny. Longstrike are still brutal in Anvils. Negatives, those zombies man. 10 Vindictors fell to 30 of the son of a guns.   

4 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Well, another game last night and another loss against Soulblight. They're quickly becoming my bogey team. Big reason I lost though was that there were only 3 objectives (mission was the rebranded starstrike) and turn 3 he burned the 1 in my turf. Couldn't catch him on VP after that. Positives, Ynestrata single-handedly put the pressure on a VLZD, Manny, and Radukar. She survived the game and killed all but Manny. Longstrike are still brutal in Anvils. Negatives, those zombies man. 10 Vindictors fell to 30 of the son of a guns.   

If by "rebranded starstrike" you mean the veins of Ghur you and your mate might have made a mistake as objectives in that scenario are prime objectives and you don't remove them in t3

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

If by "rebranded starstrike" you mean the veins of Ghur you and your mate might have made a mistake as objectives in that scenario are prime objectives and you don't remove them in t3

We made a mistake 😭

First test model done (Tabletop Standard).

I am aiming for a mix of Celestial Vindicators and Anvils of the Heldenhammer. I‘d have played Anvils due to the Lore and style. Yet after painting Slaves to Darkness and Chaos Space Marines I am fed up with black armours with a golden trim.

So here we go

CF2AA792-CF6B-4CF5-86F2-1BC000461A8A.jpeg

• Like 5

Does Scions of the Storm count as having moved? I'm aware they come down at the end of the movement phase and that in 2nd it did but can't seem to find the rules relating to reserve units. Can someone please point me to the rules in the core rules which would relate to Scions? Cheers in advance. 

Edited by lare2

55 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Does Scions of the Storm count as having moved? I'm aware they come down at the end of the movement phase and that in 2nd it did but can't seem to find the rules relating to reserve units. Can someone please point me to the rules in the core rules which would relate to Scions? Cheers in advance. 

No. Check SCE faq. If it’s not there it’s in the core book faq which is no longer available to download 

55 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

No. Check SCE faq. If it’s not there it’s in the core book faq which is no longer available to 

That's good to know. I was certain I'd seen a core rules faq. Thought I must be getting forgetful in my old age when I couldn't find it. 

So this means that Hurricanes get their Rapid Fire after they've come down 👍

Guys, I have a question:

Do you think that the upcoming new SCE units, Vanquishers and Vigilors, will be considered battlelines? I'm asking, as I have unassembled boxes of Liberators and Judicators - units I mostly needed for battleline purposes. But the new swordsmen and archers look much better - so, if they are to be battleline units, I'll happily sell those unassembled models. I've already decided to sell my unassembled Paladins, as Annihilators are more to my liking...

1 hour ago, PiotrW said:

Guys, I have a question:

Do you think that the upcoming new SCE units, Vanquishers and Vigilors, will be considered battlelines? I'm asking, as I have unassembled boxes of Liberators and Judicators - units I mostly needed for battleline purposes. But the new swordsmen and archers look much better - so, if they are to be battleline units, I'll happily sell those unassembled models. I've already decided to sell my unassembled Paladins, as Annihilators are more to my liking...

We know for a fact Vanquishers are battleline (unconditional) and I believe in the preview stream on dominion release day they said Vigilors are Battleline if the Knight-Judicator is your General.

The vanquisher info comes from a points page that was shown in the Learn to Play videos on the official website.

2 hours ago, mystycalchemy said:

We know for a fact Vanquishers are battleline (unconditional) and I believe in the preview stream on dominion release day they said Vigilors are Battleline if the Knight-Judicator is your General.

The vanquisher info comes from a points page that was shown in the Learn to Play videos on the official website.

Thanks! That solves the dilemma for me.

The Vindictors from the Dominion box are a battleline, right? And they can be fielded in units of 5. So, 2x 5 Vindictors + 2x 5 Vanquishers solves my battleline needs. Out you go, boring Liberators and Judicators :)

Unless we know that there would be reason to using them, even with the new battlelines available..?

BTW. Vindictors, Vanquishers, Vigilors... what's next? Validators, Vulkanors, Vestals? ;)

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:28 PM, Champasaur said:

I actually feel like having a group of 10 Vindictors will be good. They can fight two ranks deep (so don’t suffer as much from new coherency) and will be able to take much larger advantage of big buffs. Plus like PrimeElectrid said, the units have to survive till turn 3 to take advantage of objectives outside your territory, and 10 Vindictors will almost certainly be able to do that.

I'm planning on testing a unit of 10 or 15. Between 2 ranks of attacks, rally, AoD, etc, they're looking very tough to move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xking said:

How are annihilators different to the other paladins? 

Annihilators have a 2+ save, crash like meteors from deep strike and do mortal wounds when they charge, rather than on 6s to hit like Retributors. Also only 3 to a unit instead of 5 (as far as we're aware). They also do not have the Paladin keyword, but that doesn't matter much with the removal of Warscroll Battalions (which may change in the new battletome, but that's unknown at the moment).

7 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

Annihilators have a 2+ save, crash like meteors from deep strike and do mortal wounds when they charge, rather than on 6s to hit like Retributors. Also only 3 to a unit instead of 5 (as far as we're aware). They also do not have the Paladin keyword, but that doesn't matter much with the removal of Warscroll Battalions (which may change in the new battletome, but that's unknown at the moment).

Were the old stormcast warscrolls buffed?