AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Are you guys going to keep using the same colour scheme for the newcast or switch it up? I'm thinking about swapping to Celestial Vindicators or Knights Excelsior

I will start with these if I like their enemies in the box (and I manage to get one)

I was wondering about a scheme, I like the Knight Excelsior one but I hate their lore... so I might do something similar but different for "my guys".

Or maybe full silver? I fear that might be too much.

12 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Are you guys going to keep using the same colour scheme for the newcast or switch it up? I'm thinking about swapping to Celestial Vindicators or Knights Excelsior

Im currently repaiting my entire army from HoS to Knight Excelsiors. Not like i have many painted models xD 

16 minutes ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

I will start with these if I like their enemies in the box (and I manage to get one)

I was wondering about a scheme, I like the Knight Excelsior one but I hate their lore... so I might do something similar but different for "my guys".

Or maybe full silver? I fear that might be too much.

you could do a splinter chamber of Excelsior who didn't get bloodthirsty, I read somewhere that they weren't always like that? but even if they were, Stormcast mostly retain their own will and there's precedence for leaving a Stormhost to fight with another that aligns with their own morals/tactics.

you could change a secondary or tertiary color to differentiate, the armor color is what'll carry your scheme

• Like 1

I'll be keeping the same paint scheme. That said, I have an alternate scheme planned to go with my CoS army, and I'll probably try that out with them too (it's a darker theme, so should look good on them.)

I'll be honest, I'm just happy that we live in a time where Stormcast can get a release and people don't freak out.

Maybe this isn't the place to say it cause I know stormcast deserved new rules but did they really need MORE units? It doesn't help that I think the heavy armor guy looks utterly ridiculous. 

Yndrasta is cool and I might get her for my cities army but more battleline guys? Nobody was saying "man I wanna start stormcast but the liberators look so old" while many MANY other armies are in that exact boat. 

I hope they don't ****** over people with the "old" stormcast by just power creeping them hard.

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

It's going to be exactly like Primaris Marines in 40k. You can still use Liberators but they'll never make another Stormcast with the regular armour again, it's all Thunderstrike from now on.

They've even set up justification in the fluff - only Thunderstrike armor can reliably make it back to Azyr for reforging, so the regular dudes are going to just die off over time.

Over time they'll push Thunderstrike more and more and eventually you'll just stop caring about the Oldcast.

The sooner that people accept this the better really...

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Maybe this isn't the place to say it cause I know stormcast deserved new rules but did they really need MORE units? It doesn't help that I think the heavy armor guy looks utterly ridiculous. 

Yndrasta is cool and I might get her for my cities army but more battleline guys? Nobody was saying "man I wanna start stormcast but the liberators look so old" while many MANY other armies are in that exact boat. 

I hope they don't ****** over people with the "old" stormcast by just power creeping them hard.

I'll be honest, Stormcast *did* need an actual spear unit. I might be biased because it's my favorite weapon, but it never made sense to me that liberators got "lay low the tyrant" with hammers and swords. and if Stormkeeps are the core of a City's defense, then spears are what you want to defend the walls, the gates, etc. The thunderstrike armor stuff is a bit ehh, but we deserved a spear unit IMO.

More evidence that this is a reboot rather than a new chamber, the Youtube video calls Yndrasta a Celestant

image.png.81f0cd389b38fd1c1baa7f788a52a18d.png

I wonder what the other weapon options for Vindicators and Annihilators will be... in the full kits, of course they won't include them in the starter lol

• Confused 1

I will be painting these with a weathered white armour with streaks/chipping andanimal heads, I wll be treating them as a different army to my other goldboys.

Also, if the new base sizes are the same for the old units just use the new rules on them. Most people won't care. 

Edited by Soolong

40 minutes ago, PJetski said:

More evidence that this is a reboot rather than a new chamber, the Youtube video calls Yndrasta a Celestant

I wonder what the other weapon options for Vindicators and Annihilators will be... in the full kits, of course they won't include them in the starter lol

I responded to you in the rumor thread but I'm rewatching this interview. Kelly says she's "up there with the Celestant-Prime" so I think celestants will be angel/saint type centerpiece-characters and not Lords.

54 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I may be the only one, but I like the simple aspect of liberators more than the other stormcast units. I like a lot paladins also.

Yndrasta is a really cool model, the primaris have a good concept and like the miniature, spear-stormy?ok-ish model, even if is really well made, shoulders and legs particularly.

Hope they don't reboot the warrior chamber, c'mon 5/6 years old models aren't old.

seraphon are old, most COS units are really old.

Edited by baiardo

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Surely that’s Celestant as in Celestant Prime rather than Lord-Celestant?

Implies that the Prime is one of a handful of individuals imbued with Sigmars power, like Yndrasta, which matches her revealed fluff

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

did anyone else think it was weird that the Vindictor reveal ended with " A NEW BREED OF STORMCAST"? that really threw me off, and I'd like it to mean non-human Stormcast but that might be pure wishlisting

yea. Breed. Like dogs. I dont know not native english speaker but i though that breed is used to tell the species of animals... xD

Hmmm, I love the new models but I'm genuinely fearful of continuing with Stormcast. I've a fair number of models from Mortal Realms and I was all set to jump into 3.0 with Sigmar's finest. This though... I really don't want to get into a range which reboots every 5 years or so...

Edited by lare2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Ha ! I already do this. Warrior chamber is Hammers. Sacrosanct is Anvils. vanguard is Astral Templars

Might go Celestial Vindicators with this one

Time to go buy Macragge Blue

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

That is exactly what they are going to do

This isn't a new chamber, it's a soft reboot of the Warrior chamber

We don't know that yet, Could be similar to "terminator armor" for space marines(thunderstrike host could be a special position in a stormhost, like space marines).   And I don't see them replacing every other stormcast kit just to fit one  aesthetic(and gardus/new Lord-Celestant model just came out) .  I also suspect that the new stormcast terrain will lore wise be a way for normal stormcast to return to azyr when they die in battle. 

Every chamber  looks different. This one(if it is a chamber)  looks more medieval then greeco-roman.

Also, I don't like Vindictors.