AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, ledha said:

a WAAC player is most likely a guy that just want to win, even if he has to resort on cheating or bending rules, while taking netlist and acting like a ******.

Our friend seems to be a competitive player, but not a WAAC at all

I didn't intend any offence. For me, WAAC has not such negative connotations.

I'm sorry if I sounded ofensive.

Morning all.

Which out of these 2 lists do you think would perform better?.

Appreciate any feedback, cheers all.

List 1

+++ Stormcast Eternals (Age of Sigmar) [1980pts] +++

+ Leader +

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake: 3. Keen-clawed, 4. Mirrorshield, 5. Staunch Defender,

Lord Arcanum (General)

+ Battleline +

Sequitors: 2x 5 Sequitors - 4 Stormsite Greatmaces

Sequitors: 5 Sequitors - 2 Stormsite Greatmaces

+ Other +

Vanguard-Palladors: 2x 3 Vanguard-Palladors, Starstrike Javelin

Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows: 2x 3 Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Or 

List 2

+++ Celestial Vindicator Stormcast Eternals [1980pts] +++

+ Celestial Vindicators Stormhost +

+ Leader +

Drakesworn Templar : Command Ability - Righteous Hatred, Command Trait - Single Minded Fury, Artefact - Stormrage Blade, Mount Trait - Keen Clawed.

Knight-Incantor

Lord-Arcanum  (General)

+ Battleline +

Judicators: 5 Judicators, Shockbolt Bow, Skybolt Bow

Sequitors: 2x 5 Sequitors, 2x Stormsmite Greatmace

+ Other +

Vanguard-Palladors: 2x 3 Vanguard-Palladors

+ Allegiance +

So far every army other than armies like death or seraphon seems to be nerfed. So perhaps it is for the best. Far too many armies could not compete at all, now their odds are slightly more favorable :). The absence of a wow unit may be healthier for the game state. 

Edited by Kugane

2 minutes ago, Shinzra said:

Morning all.

Which out of these 2 lists do you think would perform better?.

Appreciate any feedback, cheers all.

List 1

+++ Stormcast Eternals (Age of Sigmar) [1980pts] +++

+ Leader +

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake: 3. Keen-clawed, 4. Mirrorshield, 5. Staunch Defender,

Lord Arcanum (General)

+ Battleline +

Sequitors: 2x 5 Sequitors - 4 Stormsite Greatmaces

+ Other +

Vanguard-Palladors: 2x 3 Vanguard-Palladors, Starstrike Javelin

Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows: 2x 3 Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows

+ Allegiance +

Or 

List 2

+++ Celestial Vindicator Stormcast Eternals [1980pts] +++

+ Celestial Vindicators Stormhost +

+ Leader +

Drakesworn Templar : Command Ability - Righteous Hatred, Command Trait - Single Minded Fury, Artefact - Stormrage Blade, Mount Trait - Keen Clawed.

Knight-Incantor

Lord-Arcanum  (General)

+ Battleline +

+ Other +

Vanguard-Palladors: 2x 3 Vanguard-Palladors

+ Allegiance +

First list: join all the Longstrikes in a single unit and make your army Anvils of the Heldenhammer. Shoot 18 Longstrike shots per turn ;)

Second list: if the Arcanum id the general, he must carry the Command trait, not the Drakesworn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanielFM said:

First list: join all the Longstrikes in a single unit and make your army Anvils of the Heldenhammer. Shoot 18 Longstrike shots per turn ;)

Second list: if the Arcanum id the general, he must carry the Command trait, not the Drakesworn.

Wow that would be devastating ! 

Lists are creating in my head as we speak of ranged splendor :) 

1 hour ago, DanielFM said:

Can you tell me how you want to shoot 18 times with 2 units of 3 Longstrikes?

22 minutes ago, Shinzra said:

I am not sure on stormhosts, which ones do people think are the standouts or could see them using?

I can tell you Knights Excelsior  and Astral Templars seem to be amongst the weakest. 

I tried Tempest Lords and it's good if you have enough CAs and manage them well. Anvils of the Heldenhammer and Celestial Vindicators sound all around really nice.

The new way paladins work make them hilariously better in a seraphon army, or with serpahon allies with kroak rerolls

The skink starpriest become REALLY good. He can choose a unit and increase or decrease by 1 one roll per phase.

Your starsoul mace made a 1 ? Well, it's a 2 now, do you'll made mortal wounds. The starsoul mace made a 5 ? Well, it's a 6 now, enjoy your D6 mortal wound. Work as well for a run roll or charge roll.

Edited by ledha

I'm not convinced that Stormhost abilities and artifacts replace your other abilities; the text of the Stormhost power says that these are "extra" abilities and implies that everyone is going to take one. It reads to me as though you get your regular warlord trait, artefact, etc. as well as what the Stormhost gives you.

Does someone have a text citation that shows otherwise? Rather than just stating the contrary opinion, pretend that I need to be convinced. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Requete said:

I'm not convinced that Stormhost abilities and artifacts replace your other abilities; the text of the Stormhost power says that these are "extra" abilities and implies that everyone is going to take one. It reads to me as though you get your regular warlord trait, artefact, etc. as well as what the Stormhost gives you.

Does someone have a text citation that shows otherwise? Rather than just stating the contrary opinion, pretend that I need to be convinced. Thanks!

Fairly certain if you take a stormhost you have to take the items/abilities within it.

22 minutes ago, Requete said:

the command trait MUST be take by the general instead of the normal one.

the first item MUST be given to your first hero who receive a magical item

7 minutes ago, barjed said:

Can the Prime do a double attack with his Cometstrike Sceptre and the Anvils' Heroes of Another Age Command Ability?

No, it's no longer a missile weapons. It's an ability that is used in the shooting phase.

• Like 1

Hello. New to AoS (though I play a lot of 6mm wargames and historicals), got the shiny starter box and the Stormcast book.

Can someone confirm I am understanding the Anvils of the Heldenhammer command ability combined with Evocator Lightning Arcs correctly?

The Evocators deal their mortal wounds '...each time this unit attacks, after all of its attacks have been resolved...' and the Anvils of the Heldenhammer ability says '...make a pile-in move and attack with all of the melee weapons it is armed with.'

Would the Anvils of the Heldenhammer ability also trigger the Lightning Arcs after each time that unit attacks?

I'm looking at the three Evocators I have and really liking the idea of having them deal out loads of additional wounds multiple times.

Edit: Also. If I have two Lords Arcanum can they use their revive ability on each other?

Edited by SorryLizard

1 hour ago, Rod said:

thoughts on dracoline evocators vs dracothian guard ?

What about that? From me in the previous page:

With no outside buffs (Evocators on Dracoline self-buffed), charging Fulminators and EvoDracolines do an equivalent damage (including Lightning Breath) for their points. Against 4+ save, you can expect 4 Fulminators to cause 20,4 wounds, while 3 EvoDracolines would do 13. 1,6 more damage for 1,59 more points.

Fulminators are way more resilient (even if they have less wounds per point) though, but they don't have the innate charge reroll nor the -1 bravery. In addition, EvoDracolines are more versatile as they can buff others instead of themselves. No easy pick!

On the lower end of the cavalry spectrum, Palladors fall behind in damage vs EvoDracolines but are more resilient due to more wounds per point. They appear to be more of a really mobile (with the help ofAquilor's CA) roadblock or tough objective grabber.

I see a relative balance between them, with differentstrengths for different playstyles and uses. I didn'tinclude Tempestors because they are a bit moreunorthodox (main damage source from shooting, debuff aura) but they should place fine amongstthem in resilience and damage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

5 Sequitors can have 3 Grand Weapons. Little Sitenote.

2 in 5 + 1for the Prime.

Yeah, Sequitors are crazy strong for the 20 points over liberators, it's kinda sad that the liberators feel kinda redundant now and u can just fill the battle line with judicators.  I just wished libs/seqs were more viable options than simple power creep, similar to juds/castigs or retribs/evocs or exorcist/incant, I just wished castigators, exorcist and old paladins were just as viable too in 2.0 ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kugane said:

So far every army other than armies like death or seraphon seems to be nerfed. So perhaps it is for the best. Far too many armies could not compete at all, now their odds are slightly more favorable :). The absence of a wow unit may be healthier for the game state. 

DoK ended out slightly above where they were before. The generic Command abilities and Chronomatic cogs were quite big for them and helped mitigate their battalions becoming overly expensive. Maggotkin are similarly right around the same powerlevel, gaining summoning in place of plaguetouched warband. I believe Idoneth actually ended up slightly above where they were, and Ironjawz out of destruction got some fairly significant buffs, though probably not enough to be on the same level as the tippity top of the armies out there.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SorryLizard said:

Can someone confirm I am understanding the Anvils of the Heldenhammer command ability combined with Evocator Lightning Arcs correctly?

The Evocators deal their mortal wounds '...each time this unit attacks, after all of its attacks have been resolved...' and the Anvils of the Heldenhammer ability says '...make a pile-in move and attack with all of the melee weapons it is armed with.'

Would the Anvils of the Heldenhammer ability also trigger the Lightning Arcs after each time that unit attacks?

I had not made that connection, but it does work perfectly fine - the ability doesn't specify a limit other than "each time this unit attacks". Unless there's some very odd wording on the Anvils ability, that is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Orzhov said:

Yeah, Sequitors are crazy strong for the 20 points over liberators, it's kinda sad that the liberators feel kinda redundant now and u can just fill the battle line with judicators.  I just wished libs/seqs were more viable options than simple power creep, similar to juds/castigs or retribs/evocs or exorcist/incant, I just wished castigators, exorcist and old paladins were just as viable too in 2.0 ?

Agreed, kinda feels like a ploy to get me to replace a lot of my older units.