AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

8 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Yes. Also, starting tomorrow the Castellant also gets the ability to set up a Gryph Hound

That alone makes the Castellant even nicer and the Veritant a really viable choice at only +20 points over a Relictor.

2 hours ago, Kadanga said:

That sounds like it will be one crowded drop, 7 dracolines with support is already quite the footprint, I feel that 20 sequitors on top of that is going to work out sub-par, especially if your opponent knows how to screen. Shouldn't you be empowering the dracolines if you invest 600 points into them? I definetly think you should bring a heraldor to drop with them, for the retreat/charge combo. 

An alternative to the draco-bomb would be 20 sequitors and 5-10 Evocators dropping down with Gavriel and a Vexillor. They'll do less damage turn 1 but I think they have more staying power than dracolines. 

I'm thinking Cleansing Phalanx with 2 x 10 sequitors and 2 x 5 Evocators with Lord Arcanum casting Cogs and using command ability to auto cast the Evocators spell on the Sequitors. Making the Sequitors reroll failed hits, wounds, and save rolls. Gavriel is more consistent than Cogs but it after you get it off you can switch and have the Lord-Arcanum cast an extra spell. Not to mention I'll be running Tempest Lords either way.

49 minutes ago, AwareTheLegend said:

I'm thinking Cleansing Phalanx with 2 x 10 sequitors and 2 x 5 Evocators with Lord Arcanum casting Cogs and using command ability to auto cast the Evocators spell on the Sequitors. Making the Sequitors reroll failed hits, wounds, and save rolls. Gavriel is more consistent than Cogs but it after you get it off you can switch and have the Lord-Arcanum cast an extra spell. Not to mention I'll be running Tempest Lords either way.

WHat are the restrictions from Cleansing Phalax? 2 units seq and 2 Evos?

and what are the benefits?

dont have the battletome yet. Cant wait..

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

WHat are the restrictions from Cleansing Phalax? 2 units seq and 2 Evos?

and what are the benefits?

dont have the battletome yet. Cant wait..

If the evocators cast Empower on a sequitor unit from the battalion, the sequitors also reroll hits in addition to the effect of the spell. So you can use Aetheric Channeling on shields.

13 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

If the evocators cast Empower on a sequitor unit from the battalion, the sequitors also reroll hits in addition to the effect of the spell. So you can use Aetheric Channeling on shields.

Hmm not so strong...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hmm not so strong...

You end up rerolling hit, wounds and saves for Sequitors which is VERY strong by itself but you also win on the drops (1 against 4) and 1 extra artifact which allow to get a good one in addition to the (crappy) Stormhost one.

7 minutes ago, Peegee said:

You end up rerolling hit, wounds and saves for Sequitors which is VERY strong by itself but you also win on the drops (1 against 4) and 1 extra artifact which allow to get a good one in addition to the (crappy) Stormhost one.

I know but i hope there are better battalions.

2 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

I know but i hope there are better battalions.

Hmmm, nothing fancy on that side unfortunately... The former ones (Vanguard Wing, ... )are all nerfed, doing just one effect instead of several before. The Phalanx is pretty much the best one (also because the requirements are top-tier units, so no "tax").

Also Cleansing Phalanx is keyword <Evocator>, so you can take Dracolines in that battalion. 

Yeah it's basically just to cut drops down and get the CP/Artifact, I don't think the effect is that strong. 

We no longer really have a Battalion to build around imo, except maybe some of the Extremis ones. Most are just nice to haves and not really gimmicks or full battleplans. 

4 minutes ago, nine7six said:

If i take a stormhost, does my general get access to both command abilities (stormhost plus one that comes with model) or does it replace the innate one they get?

Yes, you can know any number of command abilities

Scions of the Storm says "You can set up one reserve unit in the Celestial Realm for each unit you have set up on the battlefield". If I deploy a Veritant and set up a Gryph Hound does that count as 2 units on the table for Scions?

Edited by PJetski

8 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Scions of the Storm says "You can set up one reserve unit in the Celestial Realm for each unit you have set up on the battlefield". If I deploy a Veritant and set up a Gryph Hound does that count as 2 units on the table for Scions?

Nicely spotted!  That Gryph-hound would also count toward 1 in 4 for how many allies you can take as well, as far as I can tell.  Somebody tell me if I'm wrong (I've been wrong about allies once already on the forum today hahahaha)

3 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Nicely spotted!  That Gryph-hound would also count toward 1 in 4 for how many allies you can take as well, as far as I can tell.  Somebody tell me if I'm wrong (I've been wrong about allies once already on the forum today hahahaha)

Why would it count as an ally? Allied units are a list building restriction, not units that you generate throughout the game. Units you add to your army have nothing to do with the number of allied units you can include in your army.

Gryph-hounds also have the STORMCAST ETERNAL keyword...

I mean counting toward the number of in-allegiance units when figuring out how many allied units you can take.

But ultimately I suspect it wouldn't count as an in-allegiance unit just because it doesn't go on your list, and that's when you pick your allies  - it's more like summoning, isn't it?

But the timing of the summoning, being set up before the game starts, makes me think it does count as one unit for Scions of the Storm.

ETA (the way I said it isn't clear): Lord-Veritant and Gryph-hound seem like they would each count as a separate unit set up on the battlefield.

Edited by amysrevenge

37 minutes ago, nine7six said:

If i take a stormhost, does my general get access to both command abilities (stormhost plus one that comes with model) or does it replace the innate one they get?

There isn’t a limit 

Edited by RocketMan

4 hours ago, Requizen said:

Also Cleansing Phalanx is keyword <Evocator>, so you can take Dracolines in that battalion. 

Yeah it's basically just to cut drops down and get the CP/Artifact, I don't think the effect is that strong. 

We no longer really have a Battalion to build around imo, except maybe some of the Extremis ones. Most are just nice to haves and not really gimmicks or full battleplans. 

If they didn't change the lightning eschelon, that battalion is actually pretty incredible at 130pts due to giving tempestors a basically permanent 2+ save. Haven't seen the new warscroll for it though.

1 hour ago, Bellfree said:

If they didn't change the lightning eschelon, that battalion is actually pretty incredible at 130pts due to giving tempestors a basically permanent 2+ save. Haven't seen the new warscroll for it though.

the lightning echelon doesn't have this ability anymore.

And the previous one (second charge trough ennemy line+ mortal wounds) was changed. Now, at the end of the charge phase, you pick ONE ennemu unit 1" of the units from the battalion who charged and do D3 mortal wounds...

Stormcast battalions lost lot of flavors, both in gameplay and in background (there isn't even a fluff description)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ledha said:

the lightning echelon doesn't have this ability anymore.

And the previous one (second charge trough ennemy line+ mortal wounds) was changed. Now, at the end of the charge phase, you pick ONE ennemu unit 1" of the units from the battalion who charged and do D3 mortal wounds...

Stormcast battalions lost lot of flavors, both in gameplay and in background (there isn't even a fluff description)

So you pay 130pts to do d3 mortal wounds? They really don't want people using battalions anymore, huh?

I played two games with a unit of 20 Sequitors today against Seraphon.  The big block is every bit as good as we thought it would be and more.  I could see a Cleansing Phalanx being quite strong.  

I ended up winning both games off of my opponent's mistakes (my heraldor did like 16 wounds turn 1 of the first game because he was camped out on a big piece of terrain).

Engine of the Gods is too strong right now in my opinion, but I think the rest of seraphon summoning feels strong but not OP.