AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

A sensible FAQ would be "only one such unit may be brought back for each slain unit.". 

That way you can stock CP to increase your odds of getting the unit back, but you can't spawn multiples.

Don't come here with your common sense solutions!

This is the internet!

• Haha 2

So with a chance of a heavy magic meta in the new ed.  How much will ppl be investing on the stormcast spellcaters to help counter this, or can stormcast being an elite army can actually afford to go heavy in casting be it the amount of wizards spending points more in  endless spells, with horde armies still on the plate i feel we cannot affrord to spread ourselves too thin. Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

A sensible FAQ would be "only one such unit may be brought back for each slain unit.". 

That way you can stock CP to increase your odds of getting the unit back, but you can't spawn multiples.

That's the way I understood it when I first read it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

I have a question regarding the Lord Celestant on Dracoth. Which weapon has the most potential in the new edition? I’m torn between glave and axe, mostly for the aesthetics. I appreciate any help :D

Probably still the Tempestos hammer tbh! Especially if the Lightning hammer is now mortals on unmodified 6's.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

I have a question regarding the Lord Celestant on Dracoth. Which weapon has the most potential in the new edition? I’m torn between glave and axe, mostly for the aesthetics. I appreciate any help :D

Good ole' tempestos hammer (almost)never lets me down!

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, sorry if this has already been posted, but is the new Battletome trait for Hallowed Knights stormhost out there yet? Wondering if I need to re-paint my 2 Liberator units that are done from silver to gold! ?

11 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

I really like the Thunderaxe. With a Staunch Defender style setup where you keep lots of small units near your general at all times you can get a lot of extra attacks. You can take a Realm Artifact like Ghyrstrike (+1 hit & +1 wound) to make it really accurate, or a Rune Blade (Rend-3) to make it pierce any armour saves, or a Sword of Judgment (D6mw vs Hero/Monster on hit6+). I've had a Thunderaxe with 9 attacks deal 4d6 mortal wounds and kill a carnosaur before I even rolled to wound - it's really nasty!

That kind of playstyle also really benefits from a Knight Vexillor using the updated Lichborne Standard artifact that heals a wound from every unit wholly within 9"

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Feradac said:

Hi everyone, sorry if this has already been posted, but is the new Battletome trait for Hallowed Knights stormhost out there yet? Wondering if I need to re-paint my 2 Liberator units that are done from silver to gold! ?

It is. The Command Ability gives a unit +1 to Run and Charge and allows them to Run + Charge in the same turn. Great for throwing on a unit of Evocators or Retributors. The passive ability is on a 6+, ignore any Spell or Endless Spell, so quite useful if unreliable. Trait and Artifact let the general fight when he dies on a 2+, and heals a wound per turn.

I think they're quite good overall. But even if you don't like them, your paint scheme does not decide your rules unless your opponent is a real stick in the mud. Most events will not require a paint scheme to reflect the Stormhost in question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

RAW you can use the ability multiple times on the same unit and with some luck you can not only respawn the unit but also create duplicates.

Hammers of Sigmar... Do you feel lucky?

Not sure how the CP refunds work with that ability. There is no defined "stack" or "chain" that describes how effects resolve in AOS, so that will require an answer in the FAQ.

Yeah, you nailed it - I personally don't like the lack of a "stack" or "chain" as you mentioned. Spamming multiple CPs for that ability just... feels wrong. 

I would prefer they switch it to "You can use this command ability when a friendly HAMMERS OF SIGMAR REDEEMER unit is destroyed. If you do so, you may spend X CPs then roll a dice for each CP spent. If the result of any dice roll is 5 or 6, a new unit identical to the one that was destroyed is added to your army. Set up the new unit anywhere on the battlefield, more than 9" from any enemy models." I know it's a bit of a nerf, but it just feels right to me as opposed to stacking them up and just rolling til you get it (and adding multiple copied units is right out). 

Edit: Wait, I think I would prefer something else - have the base ability trigger on a 6+, but allow the player to spend CPs to give +1 per to the roll. That way, if the player wants to pump 5 CPs into it, they can get back any unit guaranteed. Could chance it and get lucky, could stack CP and go for the guaranteed rebirth when you absolutely need it. Costly but effective - that is what I would like to see. 

Edited by Freejack02
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

It is. The Command Ability gives a unit +1 to Run and Charge and allows them to Run + Charge in the same turn. Great for throwing on a unit of Evocators or Retributors. The passive ability is on a 6+, ignore any Spell or Endless Spell, so quite useful if unreliable. Trait and Artifact let the general fight when he dies on a 2+, and heals a wound per turn.

I think they're quite good overall. But even if you don't like them, your paint scheme does not decide your rules unless your opponent is a real stick in the mud. Most events will not require a paint scheme to reflect the Stormhost in question. 

Those traits actually do sound very fun, great for an alpha-strike style of play right? I'm not sure, never actually played a game, but hoping to soon. Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

RAW you can use the ability multiple times on the same unit and with some luck you can not only respawn the unit but also create duplicates.

Not sure how the CP refunds work with that ability. There is no defined "stack" or "chain" that describes how effects resolve in AOS, so that will require an answer in the FA

Edited by Erdemo86

I haven't had time to watch some of the in depth reviews of the batletome. Any one have any info on the new generic Knight Zephyros? How does it compare to Neave Blacktalon? And how is she this go around? I did read that she no longer generates extra attacks or something like that.

5 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

I haven't had time to watch some of the in depth reviews of the batletome. Any one have any info on the new generic Knight Zephyros? How does it compare to Neave Blacktalon? And how is she this go around? I did read that she no longer generates extra attacks or something like that.

Neave no longer generates attacks, but she gets +1 attack on the charge.

Zephyros is Neave but with 1 less melee attack and doesnt add 1 to damage versus heroes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

The regular Zephyros does not explode attacks on 6, nor do they deal 2 damage against Heroes. I honestly can't see a good use for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

I'm thinking thunderaxe since I run tempest lords and the command trait only works if i'm within range of another unit anyway so guaranteed at least 1 extra attack already lol

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

The regular Zephyros does not explode attacks on 6, nor do they deal 2 damage against Heroes. I honestly can't see a good use for them.

14 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Neave no longer generates attacks, but she gets +1 attack on the charge.

Zephyros is Neave but with 1 less melee attack and doesnt add 1 to damage versus heroes.

Thanks guys!