AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 11/10/2018 at 5:12 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

Im just reading  war queen now :)

chariots drawn by wolves as big as a warhorse for starters :)

more to follow...

I'm just reading through myself too but I believe the "wolves" are actually hounds. So the large dog in the underworlds warband but slightly larger still paired and pulling chariots

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

what is the best compliment of this box? I'm thinking of both (mandatory) SC box and daemon prince.

But what else? what are the best units/options?

Marauder Horsemen are decent range distractions.

Might want to have a few spawn models when things go wrong and your guys transform.

• Like 1

Man, I love almost every model in that Christmas box, I just really wish they were better in the game. Like for real, I think the Chaos Knights are among the coolest looking cavalry in the game, even compared to the cool new stuff like Deepkin and the various Stormcast cavalry. But they're just kinda... not great :( 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

Man, I love almost every model in that Christmas box, I just really wish they were better in the game. Like for real, I think the Chaos Knights are among the coolest looking cavalry in the game, even compared to the cool new stuff like Deepkin and the various Stormcast cavalry. But they're just kinda... not great :( 

Daemon prince with the mark of the all favoured is great against anything short of a greater daemon

On 11/26/2018 at 9:22 PM, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Daemon prince with the mark of the all favoured is great against anything short of a greater daemon

Now... be gentle..... but can someone explain how this works...

I get the idea, having all the keywords giving you all the rules....

But much as I love the idea...  niggling in my brain tells me it doesn't work, you declare what patron your prince has when he deploys and get the keyword and the buff for it. ... is there anything saying that gaining the other keywords gives you the others???

I want this to work, it's like the only thing stopping me atm... just wanted it cleared up....

19 minutes ago, Mr Spadge said:

Now... be gentle..... but can someone explain how this works...

I get the idea, having all the keywords giving you all the rules....

But much as I love the idea...  niggling in my brain tells me it doesn't work, you declare what patron your prince has when he deploys and get the keyword and the buff for it. ... is there anything saying that gaining the other keywords gives you the others???

I want this to work, it's like the only thing stopping me atm... just wanted it cleared up....

No you have to choose one or choose none... thats what you’re asking right? 

‘You CAN declare’

and if you choose none you keep The ‘Cursed soul-eater’ Ability 

Edited by Kramer
Messed up ability name

1 hour ago, Mr Spadge said:

and so, would the mark of the all favored give you the abilities of all 4 gods (so +1 to his, 3+ save, etc)...

That's the bit I keep hearing from people, just wondered if it works like that...

Cheers for the quick reply though ^_^

I don’t see why it should :/ I might be missing something but the warsxroll clearly forces you to choose. See my comment above.

you gain that advantage because of that choice at set up. It’s an active choice.  The artifact gives you all keywords but that doesn’t mean you can make a different  active choice to have all keywords and advantwages at set up . It’s passive. 

I could see the logic if someone plays it as choose an advantage from 1 mark (or the cursed soul eater) but due to the artifact it still has all keywords for the aura of chaos powers (so khorne re-roll 1’s to hit, Slaanesh rebrall run, etc) but not the khorne +1 to hit, burgle 3+ save from the daemon prince warscroll. 

Edit: sorry re-read your question. So the answer should be Yes, but not all the warscroll abilities as a result of the mark of the all favoured. 

Edited by Kramer