AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

I love the nurgling models. For me the most iconic in the whole GW range. Shame I don't get to use them often :(

I've tried to make a list with Morbidex Twiceborn, GUO, a Sloppity and many Nurglings... but it seems to be  too fluffy even for friendly matches. :(

(only thing that comfort me is that Nurglings are very good in 40k and basically I just have to add some of them to my AoS list to play 40k :D )

• Like 1

I'd it worth buying any pusgoyles I have 20 blightkings now but am curious if pusgoyle are worth taking in large numbers? 

A bit of the math. 

You can take 6 pusgoyle for 600 pts. And you definatly will need a Lord of Affliction. Batallion probably is not worth it. So it 820 pts. They indeed can get turn one charge. But that is all. 40-man blob of skeleton - they are going to fight at least three turns, if your enemy are not going to do with them anymore. They can't discore objectives because of their small number. Legions of Nagash, Nghthaunt, Fyreslayers, Daughters, another Nurgle - they can't do anything. 30 letters will kill most of the squad. 

Instead you can take 20 blightkings and they actually can deal damage without any buffs. For just 620

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

I've tried to make a list with Morbidex Twiceborn, GUO, a Sloppity and many Nurglings... but it seems to be  too fluffy even for friendly matches. :(

(only thing that comfort me is that Nurglings are very good in 40k and basically I just have to add some of them to my AoS list to play 40k :D )

Hi, what went wrong here? I’m most curious about htis list, wanted to try it out myself one time. I can imagine it is difficult to win games where you have to crush your enemy, but for objective games i thought that it might be worth using it. (Maybe not tournament style, but at my local shop i hoped to have some chances)

Would a blob of plaguebearers help the list?

1 hour ago, Revan123 said:

A bit of the math. 

You can take 6 pusgoyle for 600 pts. And you definatly will need a Lord of Affliction. Batallion probably is not worth it. So it 820 pts. They indeed can get turn one charge. But that is all. 40-man blob of skeleton - they are going to fight at least three turns, if your enemy are not going to do with them anymore. They can't discore objectives because of their small number. Legions of Nagash, Nghthaunt, Fyreslayers, Daughters, another Nurgle - they can't do anything. 30 letters will kill most of the squad. 

Instead you can take 20 blightkings and they actually can deal damage without any buffs. For just 620

All true except pussgoyles are actually 220 pts.

4 hours ago, peasant said:

they would help definetely but nurglings cant survive (6+ save and no DR) any serious fight even with 4 wounds each and in turn they fight really bad...

Agreed, but if i would use them i would not let them fight that much. Just let them sit around objectives, use the hidden infestation, bring them in units of 6, which is 24 wounds in combination with morbidex ability and their own heal all wounds in battleshock....they might survive a while. 

I know this is all theory, but thats why i was curious about his experience.

12 hours ago, Icegoat said:

I'd it worth buying any pusgoyles I have 20 blightkings now but am curious if pusgoyle are worth taking in large numbers? 

I love pusgoyles personally. I run between 10-20 blight Kong’s and I now always run a unit of 4 as a fast hammer that I buff from the Guo and blades if I can get it off, they can be a little bit hit or miss, but they’re great at monster/character hunting and taking out a highly offensive unit before they get a chance to attack. Much like most things in Nurgle a debuff to hit really hurts their output, but I still rate them. 

On 10/9/2018 at 2:00 PM, Revan123 said:

A bit of the math. 

Pusgoyles cost 220 a pair, so 880 for 6 and 1 affly

47 minutes ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

I was going to try running bloab rotspawned with magnificent buboes for this exact role.

Planning on targeting casters specifically. 

Will be trying him against some storm cast next week :)

Let me know, LON and Nighthaunt have been rough for me because I haven’t been able to kill hero’s or casters to stop that crazy buffing.

Hi everyone,
I've been thinking about a 1k Rotbringer list. I find Blightking models absolutely amazing, and wanted to build a little elite force around them. The Cyst battalions seemed like a good way to build a list, but it might be quite expensive at 1k ?

PROS :
- 1-drop army
- Extra artefact and CP
- Benefits affect the main fighters of this little elite force
CONS :
- 1/5th of the army points

The list(s) so far :

LEADERS

Lord of Plagues (140) OR Lord of Blights (140)
- Artefact : Rustfang

Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Command Trait : Grandfather's Blessing
- Artefact : The Witherstave

UNITS

5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

BATTALIONS

Plague Cyst (200) OR Blight Cyst

Is one Cyst more effective than the other ? Should I bring something else on the table rather than pay 200 pt ?
I was thinking about a Lord of Affliction (reroll to wound), Gutrot Spume (deepstrike), or more buddies...

20 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

I like running 4 Pusgoyles with a LoA, they are super mobile (LoA command ability plus run and charge with FecMaw is massive) and they’re a good source of rend. Like having them with 6 Drones for a big flying list. 

@5kaven5lave I am intrigued by this type of list, but I have yet to run one like it. How would you flesh-out the rest of this list? Do you have any experience or tips to share about this style of list? Thanks in advance!

On 10/9/2018 at 7:20 PM, Fluxlord said:

Agreed, but if i would use them i would not let them fight that much. Just let them sit around objectives, use the hidden infestation, bring them in units of 6, which is 24 wounds in combination with morbidex ability and their own heal all wounds in battleshock....they might survive a while. 

I know this is all theory, but thats why i was curious about his experience.

I've just made a try (with a lot of proxy) against a friend with Khorne.

Sadly, Nurglings doesn't hit and wound and die too fast. :(

44 minutes ago, Domowoj said:

@5kaven5lave I am intrigued by this type of list, but I have yet to run one like it. How would you flesh-out the rest of this list? Do you have any experience or tips to share about this style of list? Thanks in advance!

I usually run my "12 Drones list" but I've tried a mixed version with 6 Drones and 4 Pusgoyle.

I still prefer a full Deamon flies for some reasons, but Pusgoyle are a good choice too.

3 hours ago, Domowoj said:

First of all, I don’t really know what I’m talking about so beware my advice!!

In terms of theorycrafting you could go the Daemons or Rotbringers route as Pusgoyles have both keywords. The Lord of Afflictions has a 7” reroll 1 to hit for Rotbringers so you could have PBK battleline and The Glottkin with its command ability aura or you could go the GUO route and use Plaguebearers as battleline with your 6 Drones to go a more Daemonny way. Festus or a Sorcerer for Blades? I only play for fun really so I’m not your source of competitive list building I’m afraid!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kokoshi said:

Hi everyone,
I've been thinking about a 1k Rotbringer list. I find Blightking models absolutely amazing, and wanted to build a little elite force around them. The Cyst battalions seemed like a good way to build a list, but it might be quite expensive at 1k ?

PROS :
- 1-drop army
- Extra artefact and CP
- Benefits affect the main fighters of this little elite force
CONS :
- 1/5th of the army points

The list(s) so far :

LEADERS

Lord of Plagues (140) OR Lord of Blights (140)
- Artefact : Rustfang

Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Command Trait : Grandfather's Blessing
- Artefact : The Witherstave

UNITS

BATTALIONS

Plague Cyst (200) OR Blight Cyst

Is one Cyst more effective than the other ? Should I bring something else on the table rather than pay 200 pt ?
I was thinking about a Lord of Affliction (reroll to wound), Gutrot Spume (deepstrike), or more buddies...

I also love to run Blightkings, my favorite models. 

The next list is the one im goin to try out:

Harbinger, lord of blights, lord of afflictions.

unit of 10 BK and a unit of 5 BK

i dont have a real plan yet for them but i will let the lord of blights be in range of the unit of 10 so i can let them shoot. I coukd also let the lord of afflictions be around them for the re-rolls.

My experience so far with the BK is, re-rolls are good ofc, but they dont really need them.

• Thanks 1

I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but it appears that the FAQ section has been updated. We can now take Beasts of Chaos as allies. In addition, the Vectors of the Plague God battalion in the BoC tome is part of both the BoC faction AND the Nurgle faction now.

I am not sure how this stuff always seems to make it to publication without these key details...