AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Aha, that did the trick. The archregent is better than I could have realistically expected. That thing is just nuts. The summon, which is now truly free because of the throne, is incredibly flexible and will reliably deliver 120-200 points worth of models to the table. So there are two costs that you are paying:

1. Between 0-80 points
  2. The opportunity cost of fielding a large unit

For those costs you get a model that's reasonably tough for a foot hero, a decent melee profile, TWO casts and unbinds with access to one of the best signature spells in the game, 

I think the opportunity cost is definitely a significant one given that FEC is looking to have a sweet buff game that benefits large units, so that may tamp down a bit on truly spamming archregents. That said, I think we're likely to see multiple copies in a lot of lists.

17 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

Do we know anything about points yet ?

3 hours ago, Caillum said:

Some points info for those who are interested:

Abhorrent Archregent 200

Abhorrent Ghoul King 140

Varghulf 160

Crypt Ghast Courtier 60

Crypt Infernal Courtier 120

Crypt Haunter Courtier 120

AGK on Royal Terrogheist 400

AGK on Royal Zombie Dragon 440

Crypt Ghouls 100/360

Crypt Flayers 170

Crypt Horrors 160

Royal Terrorgheist 300

Royal Zombie Dragon 300

Cadaverous Barricade 30

Chalice of Ushoran 40

Corpsemare Stampede 60

Cannibal Court (mega Battalion) 60

Royal Family 120

Attendants at Court 110

Deadwatch 110

Abbattoir 120

Ghoul Patrol 180

King’s Ghouls 120

Royal Mordants 120

Royal Menagerie 120

From the previouse page. 

15 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Yeah, you can see it as well on the 360 view on the Carrion empire box on the GW website as well. It's a nice detail!

The more I look at him the more the sculpt reminds me of a crypt horror... I would like to know his size 🤔👌🏻

Edited by JackStreicher

Just now, JackStreicher said:

I also thought about using my old Bretonnia models for ghouls 🤔

but I also like their normal models

Yeah I'm pooling some resources to get some Bret models and will combine with empire and such.

I'm thinking Dragons for Dragons (obvs) but Griffons for Terrorgheists!

New Flesh Eater here, looking for some advice.

I have sketched out a 3 Terrorgheist list and need some advice on how to vary the models so I'm not stuck with the same pose. I'm planning to adorn each of my ghoul kings with various paraphernalia to differentiate them, the big beasties are the problem though. 

Anyone got any experience with this? 

Im taking the Flesh-Eaters for a spin next saturday. A small 1000 points game against another FEC player. 

Im currently thinking about:

Heroes:
-400p Abhorrent Ghoul King on Terrorgheist
-200p Abhorrent Archregent

Battleline:
-100p 10x Ghouls
-200p 20x Ghouls 

Spells:
-40p Chalice of Ushoran
-60p  Corpsemare Stampide

My plan is to start summon two units of KNIGHTS from the Abhorrents (the Archregent for free thanks to the Throne) turn one and move forward, turn two I summon the chalice where the main fight is going to be and try to throw the pony spell into my enemies line. 

Im not sure about which Grand Court to take. Or if I should take any at all and rather go for the artefacts and warlord traits. 

1 hour ago, lord_blackfang said:

Man, with the Archregent effectively costing between 0 and 40 pts for a wizard with decent melee and regeneration, I imagine we'll fill all leftover Leader slots with them. I mean literally he costs 0 points.

I'd be very surprised if his summon ability doesnt get faq'd so that the ability can only be used once per game instead of once per archregent, to prevent the ability from being spammed.

1 hour ago, lord_blackfang said:

While I regret the lack of new warscrolls, it looks like we won't be hurting for power or variety of builds 😍

I don't know if i agree with this. I feel that big blocks of serfs or knights still wont be a viable option. In fact, abilities like feeding frenzy or the archregent spell push you harder into monster mash lists.

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Do dying FeC heroes get called to azyr  to be reforged?

Vhat?! By the Arch-Traitor???

you‘ve got to be kidding...

if your life was devoted to the mistress, chivalristic code and you lived your life fighting for your king and the glory of Dundee, you will be called to the eternal court of the mistress of the see, where you will feast and joust for evermore. May include some ministrel singing and dancing if you’re so inclined 

• Haha 1