AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Just now, carnith said:

I'm wondering where the secret technology exists for Shalaxi. I'm seeing a decent number of people say she's good. Maybe it's the hunting for 6's with euphoric killers? Maybe there's a Greater Daemon lore spell that will make us go "oh ****** here it is. This is how Shalaxi slaps"

It's the 6 wounds against heroes for me, coupled with the double pile in, that means it's very strong. I normally hate 1 attack wonders, but you can't ask for much better than 2(rerolling)/2/-3/6 against heroes, and this is 2 attacks on a double pile in. There's an 81% chance it does 6 wounds to a 4+ save hero. 

13 minutes ago, carnith said:

Exalted keeper ain't even that bad. Sinister hand is probably my preferred option, and the soulfeaster tendrils is pretty good. Kinda sucks its vs a hero, but it continues our pattern of we like to fight heroes. 

It's great against hero heavy Fyreslayers thats for sure.

26 minutes ago, carnith said:

I'm wondering where the secret technology exists for Shalaxi. I'm seeing a decent number of people say she's good. Maybe it's the hunting for 6's with euphoric killers? Maybe there's a Greater Daemon lore spell that will make us go "oh ****** here it is. This is how Shalaxi slaps"

Could be the kos battalion

Just now, carnith said:

thats what I'm thinking, or a spell from the great daemon lore. Relying on another expensive model to make shalaxi do her job well doesn't make me excited

It almost seems a shalaxy would be cheaper then the regular kos. 

So the Sigmar Reddit Discord server has me and another person who went through a bit of a lull with Shalaxi, but just everything else is just so damn enticing. @Enoby your Lord of Change might be the best thing ever to ally since it casts all spells. 

• Like 1

I just love the Shalaxi Halbane rules. So F'ing thematic. Everything single rule on her warscroll has the HERO keyword in it 😂. I just love that. I think it's also one of those things you have to play to see how it all stacks up. 

The story just writes itself with her. Even why you don't make the named character your general is a logical choice. She don't care, she's just for here for Hero X on the other side. Just amazing. 

Syll'Esske seems really fun as well. Just messing plans up by blocking Command abilities. 

So based on what I've seen able to find so far:

Exalted Chariot - Better

Normal Chariots - Lateral Move

Daemonettes -  Nerfed

Seekers - Slightly Better

Fiends - Nerfed

Exalted Keeper - Mega nerfed

Hellstrider - 6 Feet Under

Herald - Nerfed

Shalaxi - Meh

Twins - Awesome

Masque - Better fighter, lost utility

Fiends - Pts hike

Keeper - A bit better

Anyone else feeling less optimistic all of a sudden but hoping once more pts values leak that maybe a bunch of stuff went down in cost?

Edited by themortalgod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, themortalgod said:

Anyone else feeling less optimistic all of a sudden but hoping once more pts values leak that maybe a bunch of stuff went down in cost?

I feel it's like the Skaven Battletome all over again, peoples was crying because they nerfed nearly every warscroll except heros. And now Skaven never been better. Don't underestimate having allegence, spell lore, command trait/ability, artefact, terran, endless spell. I think from what I see, Slaanesh gonna be more than fine.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Saodexan said:

I feel it's like the Skaven Battletome all over again, peoples was crying because they nerfed nearly every warscroll except heros. And now Skaven never been better. Don't underestimate having allegence, spell lore, command trait/ability, artefact, terran, endless spell. I think from what I see, Slaanesh gonna be more than fine.

All depends on pts costs. Also, the skaven terrain and endless spells are magnitudes more powerful than what we got. I'm not going to freak out or anything until I see the book in its entirety but I am certainly going from super excited to super nervous now. Like my exalted keeper just went down over 60% in offensive threat. Many of these nerfs aren't trivial. It is going to take a lot to offset them.

1 hour ago, themortalgod said:

Not at all. I Was expecting more nerfs to fiends.

And nerf to keeper command ability.

Keeper is a power house. Seekers looks like they are usable and finally can kill something. Chariots hit far better in cc. Our locus on heroes looks really strong. I will be suprise if only keeper and fiend went up.

Army looks strong but not broken.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

All depends on pts costs. Also, the skaven terrain and endless spells are magnitudes more powerful than what we got. I'm not going to freak out or anything until I see the book in its entirety but I am certainly going from super excited to super nervous now. Like my exalted keeper just went down over 60% in offensive threat. Many of these nerfs aren't trivial. It is going to take a lot to offset them.

True, but the allegence ability are magnitude more powerful than what they got. Attack first and exploding 6 on the Keeper are huge, totally want to see a big list of KoS.  Even a block of Deamonette attacking first will be better than anything they were before.

Looking at the warscrolls I'm really excited about the new KoS but a little bit disappointed about Shalaxi. Not bad stats by any means and  the 2+ to Wound being there until Shalaxi receives quite a lot of punishment is quite good on top of the spell and other skills. Though, one attack only for Soulpiercer feels too much of a gamble and needing another KoS to get the second pile would be around 700 points for the whole combo unless there is a Command trait that gives you the same CA. We'll see. 

Syll'Eske looks good if you want to go daemonette hordes, though due to their CA I thought everyone would have the 'If they are General' requirement. Otherwise Invader's ability description seems odd. 

7 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

Looking at the warscrolls I'm really excited about the new KoS but a little bit disappointed about Shalaxi. Not bad stats by any means and  the 2+ to Wound being there until Shalaxi receives quite a lot of punishment is quite good on top of the spell and other skills. Though, one attack only for Soulpiercer feels too much of a gamble and needing another KoS to get the second pile would be around 700 points for the whole combo unless there is a Command trait that gives you the same CA. We'll see. 

Syll'Eske looks good if you want to go daemonette hordes, though due to their CA I thought everyone would have the 'If they are General' requirement. Otherwise Invader's ability description seems odd. 

Let’s talk about CAs. The book only has 2 it seems. Meaning that Syll’Esske is the only unit in the army that must be the general to use their CA  even if we add STD and BoC they are still the only one I think. They are also a named character (I presume) so you won’t want to make them your general. Therefore until we see the rest of the book Syll’Esske’s CA seems to be the only reason to go invaders. No one else needs to be the general (except Darkoath Warqueen, but come on).

Guys, where do you find the warscrolls?

I'm switching GW website back and forth between NZ and UK, I can't find the rules in the daemonettes page for instance (even in the NZ page)..

Edited: finally got it, they are not in the daemonette page, BUT in the pre order section

Edited by Nokrah
  • Like 1