AoS 2 - Gutbusters Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Evening all! Got a game today against Legion of Blood. Took a spin with the new list today. 4 Tyrants and 80 Grots. List will be attached. We played Duality of Death and got the win end of turn 3 for those that want a quick note. Have plenty of pics and a video report to go with them. Hope y’all enjoy!

5590E48C-6151-4D44-95A2-173FB8C618D6.png

3E1C72E4-4C66-44F1-88B9-06FE2F157997.jpeg

B46D5CAB-C223-4AD5-B0E1-8B38A7D682F4.jpeg

08745B13-94A5-4D61-AE26-EB07CDB5CC8D.jpeg

FE58F9BE-FFE7-4319-93D2-7AA00E44DD74.jpeg

C51F6DDC-8A32-4FDE-8657-68982C4D0877.jpeg

6FAA044D-1AB9-4609-BAF9-672EAE3DD620.jpeg

CF743BB3-0186-4736-A970-C3FEBD9B6503.jpeg

E8ADFB82-8182-422B-A5DB-41F4A0DDC368.jpeg

E58D7ED0-325F-4B12-B71C-0F02BE1B0D67.jpeg

0C36B4AF-C493-4E50-B856-8831449FDB2F.jpeg

57D0079F-F48D-4FE6-A316-2550E13A3D10.jpeg

12A12331-4A8E-4DFB-8AFC-D7B19EC68DDD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Grettings all! Got a game today against Neferata and friends. He had the New Lamia battalion as well. I used the 4 Tyrant list again as I continue to practice with it. I go over my list and my opponents in the video report. 

For those not interested in listening, we played Relocation Orb and I got the win end of turn 4, 8-5. It was a hard earned win against a pretty much entirely -1 to hit army. Tried to get good pics as well to follow along for the report, so hope y’all enjoy!

30F8937C-90F1-441E-93E7-D892FC3E9020.png

F44E644C-68E1-40D8-AA3F-C644D397B9AF.jpeg

7DF4C160-F77A-461E-B77F-AC8297D009BB.jpeg

9328F19F-88E1-42BA-B288-5F8A6F52D5C2.jpeg

6F3586E3-C103-4F51-9156-ED705C34AF5C.jpeg

37AC2F0D-EA39-4FA8-B200-7965D8734063.jpeg

F175E17E-076E-4161-A8D6-50ADECD9C3E0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hello all! Got a game in against Skaven. 200 wounds against the list I’ve been practing with. Mission was Scortched Earth. For those not interested in the video report, my opponent conceded top of turn 3. Hope y’all enjoy the video, it goes over the game in detail. Here’s some pics and a link to the video. Thanks guys!

7C1BF121-DB4B-43F9-AF08-1CFA3A4FBBAA.png

13A7E5E7-3BA4-4971-986E-5FC9815EEAC8.jpeg

DC60A5DC-9C67-4E3C-9C2D-06CD56C64716.jpeg

2D057BA3-B99C-4396-AC4B-D4E9ECD5B3F6.jpeg

C52CB7C4-2F07-4FAB-B782-45217CAE6A3A.jpeg

• Like 4

Hello all! Got a game in last night against Clan Skryre. The brutal Alpha Stormfiend Flamer spam. Knife to the Heart mission. Lost half my army turn 1. Battled back to get a win on a turn 5 run roll. Was exhausting.

Heres a quick video report on the game. Only had one picture because my brain was preoccupied. Lol. But y’all get the idea.

403B4B4A-E169-4692-A132-059E903B5F69.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey all. Had a game yesterday against Cleansing Phalanx SCE. It was a pretty terrible match up. Played Escalation in the Realm of Hysh. Video goes everything. Sorry I didn’t get more pictures. It was mainly me getting my butt kicked all over the table.

67D59F31-6A05-4A1D-9259-15FEC061BE5B.png

21AAAC7C-0B6E-40EE-B647-8E8F24057B23.jpeg

46686353-7C18-447D-8898-FC07A5D0794B.jpeg

BF10162E-80D1-46B0-836A-9304DA73DC79.jpeg

• Like 1

I bought some Ogors to make two butchers for my BCR army (have enough bases to make three but I'm not sure I'll ever need three). I was thinking of using the remaining four Ogors to make the following:

A. One tyrant, and three Maneaters? I have enough pistol bits to put on them.

B. One tyrant and three Ironguts? But I don't have any 2 handed weapons atm. But I do have helmets and other armor pieces left.

C. One tyrant, three normal Ogors. Not sure if I prefer this. Eventually I'll buy more Ogor boxes to make a Gutbuster army anyway.

C. Make 4 Tyrants.

What would be the smartest choice here?

32 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

I bought some Ogors to make two butchers for my BCR army (have enough bases to make three but I'm not sure I'll ever need three). I was thinking of using the remaining four Ogors to make the following:

A. One tyrant, and three Maneaters? I have enough pistol bits to put on them.

B. One tyrant and three Ironguts? But I don't have any 2 handed weapons atm. But I do have helmets and other armor pieces left.

C. One tyrant, three normal Ogors. Not sure if I prefer this. Eventually I'll buy more Ogor boxes to make a Gutbuster army anyway.

C. Make 4 Tyrants.

What would be the smartest choice here?

I’d go B because i like the man eater models a lot. But they are relatively expensive. So if you won’t buy them because of price go for A.

Additionally ironguts come in a set of four, leaving one body over. I only use a single three man squad of ironguts, so it would go to waste. So getting 2 ironguts arms from a bits site would be much cheaper. Just use a standard from one of you boxes of Ogors you will end up buying  :) 

Making 3 ogors doesn’t make a lot sense for me either because either I go with units of 6 or 12. Which is the numbers you get in the box anyway. 

Building one as a Tyrant is a good idea in any list! 

On 1/14/2019 at 8:59 AM, Darthvegeta8 said:

I see them played online more than I expected but not overwhelmingly much either.

I think this describes it perfectly ☝️

Good for a non battle tome army, Bad compared to those factions that do.  I don’t know anybody who started it after AoS dropped though. I occasionally add something that’s missing or just a cool model (Greasus being the last addition).

Same for others? Did you start ogors before AoS? 

Hmmm I wonder what ogors will be like when they get a battletome, would be cool if they joined with orrruks and grots (the plain ones who don’t have battletomes) to get something similar to the many three faction battletomes that exist (like tzeentch or Gloomspite, and beasts of chaos, I think legions of nagash have three legions as well?) they are similar enough ideology wise to team up with some fluff reason and a revamp.

please ignore my name I mean no harm 😂

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer

2 hours ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Hmmm I wonder what ogors will be like when they get a battletome, would be cool if they joined with orrruks and grots (the plain ones who don’t have battletomes) to get something similar to the many three faction battletomes that exist (like tzeentch or Gloomspite, and beasts of chaos, I think legions of nagash have three legions as well?) they are similar enough ideology wise to team up with some fluff reason and a revamp.

please ignore my name I mean no harm 😂

I disagree 😉

The ogors, since their introduction as an army in warhammer, have always had distinct fluff, and while I expect it to change for AoS, like everything else, I think it would be a shame for them to be subsumed into generic greenskins. I’m still hopeful we will get an ogor battletome, whether Gutbusters or wider. It’s just what we deserve for keeping the faith in the ravening dark.

• Like 3

I think it’s similar to flesh eater courts teaming up with vampires. The vampires want to kill everything (for different reasons then orks but still) and the flesh eater courts want to eat everything (although they are delusional lol). They can easily have similar goals and even have a similar culture in the way they treat monsters and how might makes right! They definitely have a different “footprint” but their are some similarities that could easily be put into a combined faction with added lore. For instance with Gloomspite non of those factions had anything in common... then they added the dank moon lore for everyone. It used to only be night goblins that worshiped the bad moon, in fact I’m pretty sure most stories have the different types of goblins as separate factions that only really come together when orks bully them. There is also the fact that gnoblars are cousins to goblins further increasing the similarities to each other. In fact I’m pretty certain orks and ogors have more in common then alot Of the death factions lol (their only real combined attribute is they are dead...)

28 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

I think it’s similar to flesh eater courts teaming up with vampires. The vampires want to kill everything (for different reasons then orks but still) and the flesh eater courts want to eat everything (although they are delusional lol). They can easily have similar goals and even have a similar culture in the way they treat monsters and how might makes right! They definitely have a different “footprint” but their are some similarities that could easily be put into a combined faction with added lore. For instance with Gloomspite non of those factions had anything in common... then they added the dank moon lore for everyone. It used to only be night goblins that worshiped the bad moon, in fact I’m pretty sure most stories have the different types of goblins as separate factions that only really come together when orks bully them. There is also the fact that gnoblars are cousins to goblins further increasing the similarities to each other. In fact I’m pretty certain orks and ogors have more in common then alot Of the death factions lol (their only real combined attribute is they are dead...)

Flesh eater are still their own thing separate from LON and Nighthaunt though and currently still are. also the big difference between Orks and Ogors are that one fight out of pure violent instinct other is because they are always hungry and need to fight to eat stuff. beside it look like those two ranges are being phased out right now.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop into this thread and say hi. I’m a new Age of Sigmar player, and I’ve built up a 2000 point army of Gutbusters. 

I played a couple 1000 point games this weekend and had some trouble against my opponents mobility. I found when I got them in combat I could win, but I couldn’t hold objectives, or get across the board fast enough to keep up with their summoning / deep striking. My list was as follows:

1x butcher w/ cauldron

6x ogors

6x ogors

3x ironguts 

3x maneaters 

his list was 

1 x cygor

1 x Ghorgon

2 x bray shaman 

20x bestigors 

20x ungors

i think I need a bit more mobility in my army. Right now, my army consists of(2k points exactly) :

1x Gitboss (general) (I like the fluff of a goblin leading a bunch of ogors lol)

1x tyrant

1x butcher w cauldron 

6x ogors 

6x ogors

3 x ironguts 

3x maneaters

9x leadbelchers 

40x grots

1x giant 

I’ve been thinking about expanding into Beastclaw Raiders to get some speed. Anyone have a mixed ogor army? I think getting the SC box might be a good idea, 4 Mournfang and a stonehorn w/  beastriders would really add some mobility. 

If you do get a start collecting i would advise looking at the thundertusk, as the ability to take out small heros is something gutbusters have trouble with. If you do want the stonehorn build as a huskard, as it's ability to mess with the flow of combat is huge, just make sure you run the mournfang as one unit if doing so.

Hi all, just Some fungoid cave shenanigans I thought up just now. Haven’t tried it, but determining the flow of combat can be very important. 

So for those who don’t know the Gitz spelllore has an ‘Itchy something’ spell that forces a unit to fight dead last in a turn. .  The Gitz also have a endless spell, that arachnoric cauldron, that gives the gloomspite Gitz wizard access to the whole lore. The wizard also gets +1 to cast and unbinding. And the fungoid cave shaman is a gloomspit Gitz wizard now and a viable ally for whole of destruction. 

Like I said don’t know how effective it will be. But the threat of that spell should have my opponents focussing on dispelling it, which is a win for me, or leaving it and giving me the +1 dispel which is mostly the reason to bring a 80pts wizard with a bad spell along. 

• Like 1

Hey all. Got a game in against the new Gloomspite book last Friday. Played Focal Points in the Realm of Metal. The Realm didn’t matter too much as I got spanked pretty hard by turn 3. Did a short video on the fight. Will be my last Gutbuster post for a while as I’m taking a break from the army and starting something different for 2019.

Wanted to say thank you to everyone in the community for supporting me while I talk about the Guts.

On 1/30/2019 at 3:03 AM, Kramer said:

Hi all, just Some fungoid cave shenanigans I thought up just now. Haven’t tried it, but determining the flow of combat can be very important. 

So for those who don’t know the Gitz spelllore has an ‘Itchy something’ spell that forces a unit to fight dead last in a turn. .  The Gitz also have a endless spell, that arachnoric cauldron, that gives the gloomspite Gitz wizard access to the whole lore. The wizard also gets +1 to cast and unbinding. And the fungoid cave shaman is a gloomspit Gitz wizard now and a viable ally for whole of destruction. 

Like I said don’t know how effective it will be. But the threat of that spell should have my opponents focussing on dispelling it, which is a win for me, or leaving it and giving me the +1 dispel which is mostly the reason to bring a 80pts wizard with a bad spell along. 

So before the itchy spell goes off, your opponent has a chance to unbind the endless spell, 0-2 chances to dispell the endless spell (very easy on a 5+) and a chance to unbind the itchy spell.  Is that worth the cost of the wizard+ the spell?

9 hours ago, sorokyl said:

So before the itchy spell goes off, your opponent has a chance to unbind the endless spell, 0-2 chances to dispell the endless spell (very easy on a 5+) and a chance to unbind the itchy spell.  Is that worth the cost of the wizard+ the spell?

The way see it yes. But will test it first before I say definitely.  

To me, I bring a wizard for defence. (We play 1,5k mostly). So it’s either the butcher or this combo. 

So yes it’s easy to dispel but it’s also easier to cast. So do you rather pressure your opponent with more unbinds or only with the higher rolls? For me more unbinds more chances to get something through. 

Then a little advantage to the fungoid cave shaman, when you get it off once per game you can cast that second spell. At which point your opponent has lost 1 unbind already. 

Thrn in your opponents turn. If the endless spell is  not around... it doesn’t matter if you bring a butcher or the shaman. If it’s on the field. If your opponent goes for the dispel I count that as a win. One less spell from his side. 

The two spells against each other, I prefer buff and de buff spells over damage but that’s personal I know. My last game with ogors against stormcast I got The Maw off twice. Once he scrolled me and once I did 2 mortal wounds. 

Finally both have an extra ability. The cauldron with all its random coolness vs. An extra command point on a 4+ every turn. I Don’t use the command ability more than once max twice a battle but re-rolls to charge can be massive. 

So all in all it’s a toss-up. I don’t have any games planned but I’ll definitely report back when I have tested it. 

11 hours ago, AsraiR said:

I'm seriously tempted to take my painted Ogors to a tournament in March. Have any people had any joy with a full unit of Ironguts?

Take a look at doom & darkness on YouTube. He just took ogors to cancon and did a whole series about refining his lists including battle reports. To summarise he use 6 to counter charge as that already does massive damage and is compact enough, with the 2” range, to squeeze in gaps for that counter charge. But you can always test and report back😁