AoS 2 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I'm scared for our savages with the rumors of battalions getting axed in 3rd ed. Will have to wait for the big picture I guess.

Bit of wishlisting here: what would you guys think of spiderfang joining bonesplitterz (with updated scrolls of course)? As it stands they do not fit in aesthetically or synergize well with GG.

A savage greenskin book would be very cool imo. White fang has hinted that gitmob will be joining orruk ranks like the old days. I could see a split here between the orruk tribes.

• Like 1

Thanks @Erik Sorbonen You are right about sharing but it was mostly the other guys who did the work.

I am looking at Thunderdome. and a 2200pts Bonesplitterz list is very good.

Here is my old list:

Spoiler

- Warclan: Icebone

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Great Hunter
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (140)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
Savage Big Boss (90)
- Artefact: Kattanak Pelt
Savage Big Boss (90)
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz

Battleline
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (140)

10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)

10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)

Battalions
Big Rukk (80)
Snaga Rukk (120)
Kunnin' Rukk (140)
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

The only question is whether I go with 2 x 20 Savage Orruks and 2 x 20 Arrow Boyz or 4 x 20 Arrow Boyz. I might even put Chompas on the Savage Orruks.

I think both possibilities have their place and both have their opportunities for an Alpha. Two of the units could move 18" before charging T1 and tying something up or better... The Arrow Boyz would definitely be able to clear the chaff and take out support characters. See ya Fyreslayers/Cathalar/Kairos!/Archaon!

4 x 20 Shootas with the double tap is 360 shots. Even unbuffed vs a 5+ save is 24 - 54 wounds (vs Archaon unbuffed its 9-18 wounds, so he likely dies T1 with a few CP's spend to re-roll 1's, or getting one buff off, +1 hit or 6's explode)

It is also a lot of bodies for objectives with CP for Inspiring Presence, and no we don't mess around with a Rogue Idol.

Since there is a rule of 2. I guess its 2x20 and 2x20. Still strong and my original preference.

Edited by Boggler
Updating information
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, Verminlord said:

I'm scared for our savages with the rumors of battalions getting axed in 3rd ed. Will have to wait for the big picture I guess.

Bit of wishlisting here: what would you guys think of spiderfang joining bonesplitterz (with updated scrolls of course)? As it stands they do not fit in aesthetically or synergize well with GG.

A savage greenskin book would be very cool imo. White fang has hinted that gitmob will be joining orruk ranks like the old days. I could see a split here between the orruk tribes.

Imo Bonesplitterz should have gotten a book with Spiderfang a long time ago. Makes much more sense to me than including them with Gloomspite Gitz. That being said, i dont see them putting Gitmob and Spiderfang in a Warclans faction together as the Spiderfang models used to be a bit similar to Gitmob imo. I also dont see them making a third Greenskinz faction. But one can hope haha, i would love some new spiderfang battleline units.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 3

@Verminlord I LOVE spiders! As a fantasy player I only played spiders and savage orcs and I'm not selling them because I'm waiting patiently for new rules before buying 50 oval bases and some round for arachnarok.

Overall I'm really happy with bonesplitterz rules though, and I feel we are really underrated. Maybe our worst matchup is DoK or no Archaon Tzeentch, but still, if u play Bonegrinz or Icebone with Rogue Idol the alpha threat is big. Drakkfoot is also very strong but matchup dependent, so that many melt in front of you and others just counter you badly.

@Boggler I don't think I'll make it to thundertome, and honestly I'm tempted to go 2000 pts just for the BM. If u consider the one-drop I love the idea of many more arrer boyz, though when practising they don't seem to fit my playstyle, being pretty fragile. I might go 2 or 3-drop Bonegrinz which is a bit faster T1 if u CP the runs to a 6 (5"+6"+5"+charge with plusses basically moving all the units from brutal rukk + rogue Idol) ; second idea is kop with units of 20 morboyz+ snaga + idol in icebone, list that honestly lacks the re-rollable warpaint and 1-drop, since it is extremely difficult to imagine bonesplitterz differently once you've played them that way.

@PlasticCraic thanks for the wardokks tip man! I guess I was a bit scared of not having many bodies in my first tournament 😂

• Like 1

I'd love to see more rule differances between Morboyz/Savage Orks and Savage Boarboyz/Manaik Boarboyz.  The army feels very "samey" if that makes sense.  Some new units filling new roles like monsters or warmachines would help to mix thinks up. 

I still love my naked Savages and am looking forward to playing them in 3.0.  😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cplhicks said:

I'd love to see more rule differances between Morboyz/Savage Orks and Savage Boarboyz/Manaik Boarboyz.  The army feels very "samey" if that makes sense.  Some new units filling new roles like monsters or warmachines would help to mix thinks up. 

I agree. I think moving spiderfang over to them would really spice up the unit variety and open the door to some new interesting unit types. Deepstriking trap door spiders with webby movement debuffs, savage git ambushers, new rules for the webslinger would do for a war machine. How about a big stabba ballista with +1 to hit vs monsters? Or a big BIG stabba battering ram style on an 120 oval carried by several orruks!

Would also kill for a plastic rogue idol; or a new type altogether. And a mounted savage boss while they're at it.

As the orruks that specialize in magic, they should also really have a set of endless spells.

okay, done wishlisting 😂

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Verminlord said:

I agree. I think moving spiderfang over to them would really spice up the unit variety and open the door to some new interesting unit types. Deepstriking trap door spiders with webby movement debuffs, savage git ambushers, new rules for the webslinger would do for a war machine. How about a big stabba ballista with +1 to hit vs monsters? Or a big BIG stabba battering ram style on an 120 oval carried by several orruks!

Would also kill for a plastic rogue idol; or a new type altogether. And a mounted savage boss while they're at it.

As the orruks that specialize in magic, they should also really have a set of endless spells.

okay, done wishlisting 😂

A huge boar battering ram kind of like the lord of the rings one would be awesome!

Spoiler

d49d90f908fbe43644fd3f05b59eafe8.jpg

I like the idea of a new Webslinger. I made mine out of the Arachnarok parts and used it as a rock lobber in the old days. I would also like something like web/venom shooting spiders or swarms.

13 hours ago, cplhicks said:

I also think they are samey. Bonesplitterz could really use some named characters and an elite unit. I still like the old sculpts for all units we have access to now. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Yargar said:

What do you guys think about the direchasm warscroll for the Bonesplitterz?

not great. He might have seen some play if his +1 to hit ability affected all friendly BS units, but just affecting the warband is pretty useless. 

edit: I will still be getting the set for sculpt swaps though!

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 1

Yeah if he had the normal wurrgog ability to get a cp on a 4+ he'd be an interesting option since you could pass the wounds onto his warband, but without it he seems a bit overcosted.

Edited by Ganigumo
Spelling

Man they are terrible... A guy that has a spell from the lore as a warscroll spell - that's lazy. And compare the points to Morgaeth which is the equivalent... or even Zarbag - even the Gobbapalooza is better!! They may be cool for conversion, but still, that's a total disappointment for me

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I must say I'm a bit worried about what 3.0 will mean for my Bonesplitters. 

An abundance of +1Sv (charge reactions and their finest hour) which we will struggle to get through without rend.  

Also looks like no more stacking save bonuses which given how our shields work make our extra save buffs basically useless.

Losing battalions doesn't help either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magnus The Blue said:

An abundance of +1Sv (charge reactions and their finest hour) which we will struggle to get through without rend.  

Also looks like no more stacking save bonuses which given how our shields work make our extra save buffs basically useless.

It depends if there is a bonus save reaction and how its worded. If its a +1 to roll or characteristic.

Its all subjective of course but I hope to see updated kits as the current ones look sooo odd compared to newer kits. Hell, your base infantry have bigger heads than an ironjawz megaboss!! 

I think Gdubs could really push the look a bit more as well. 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:56 PM, Magnus The Blue said:

I know what you mean, but...

• Generic Battalions might help just as much
  • Monsters everywhere, so we can go on safari (like @JustAsPlanned said)
  • Unit champs issuing command abilities could be huge for us (mobile inspiring presence)

I guess we'll have to see where it all lands, but early indications are that you might want to crack out the Big Stabbas!