What colour are your spirit hosts?

ZaelART

Well my spirit host are currently GW plastic grey. I just bought them last week to warm up a bit for the big nighthaunt release.

This thread comes right in time for me, as now I am in the process of finding a nice color theme. I see many great examples here. Only thing is that I find it important that it matches my future NH army,  so that limits the amount of possibilities. For the new NH models I will probably stick to the colors of the models as they are presented by GW lately. Maybe not the most creative thing to do, but   I simply love them, and at the moment I cannot think of anything better for them. So that probably means I cannot go with red, purple of any other the fantastic colors for the spirit host, but stick to something ethereal green/blue.

I found the bellow on coolminiornot, and I think it is exactly how I would like them. Problem is that it is probably done with airbrush, and I don't have one (yet), and I am not sure I am skilled, and patient enough to get the same result with blending. But I guess I can try.   Whatever color I will choose, I will at least use a dark to light scheme, as I think the highlighted faces, hands gives the model the right dynamic feel and looks 

img542bb78bd37e0.jpg.db6ea9a8c97c37d46046806075e898b0.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dusted off, re-based and painted this Spirit Host over the weekend. First WFB/AoS model I've painted since The World That Was! ?

I tried to pick colours that would compliment the pale purple, hence the beige base and verdigris on the daggers. Not sure if the base will suit for an army, especially given the awesome bases we've seen in the previews (roses, gravestones, etc.), so it might get changed...

IMG_3447.JPG

5 minutes ago, Caillum said:

Not sure if the base will suit for an army, especially given the awesome bases we've seen in the previews (roses, gravestones, etc.), so it might get changed...

Dark tan is a very neutral base, will fit 90% of the board, safe and sound choice. GW often does it for AoS. Easy to put some tombstones and grass...

1 minute ago, christophe said:

Dark tan is a very neutral base, will fit 90% of the board, safe and sound choice. GW often does it for AoS. Easy to put some tombstones and grass...

Yeah, I’ve used Agrellan Earth and Martian Ironearth for Heresy models before - it is a really solid basing material. Need to dig out my old Vampire Counts bits and find some gravestones!

22 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I really love this necro : what is it made off?

I recognize at least:

-half necro staff

- spirit hosts

- maybe a tzench wizzard?

what else?

I see a Changeling, half a Necro staff and half of Arkhan's staff and spirit hosts there.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I really love this necro : what is it made off?

I recognize at least:

-half necro staff

- spirit hosts

- maybe a tzench wizzard?

what else?

1 hour ago, smucreo said:

I see a Changeling, half a Necro staff and half of Arkhan's staff and spirit hosts there.

that is correct :)

• 1 month later...

I wanted to try out a firespirits of aqshy paint scheme, but had no unpainted spirit hosts. The spirit torment became my prototype. This is how he has turned out so far, Im still not quite happy though and will not commit to painting an entire army like this unless I figure out a way to make him look better. Any ideas? Im considering redoing the metals as black steel or something like that to make it stand out more. 

20180724_081113.jpg

20180724_081128.jpg

20180724_081152.jpg

15 hours ago, KoalaSnok said:

Im considering redoing the metals as black steel or something like that 

Just an idea: invert the metal, to have some contrast to the fiery „cape“, make it burned black on top and faintly glowing red at the edges...

3 hours ago, Honk said:

To clarify...

the padlocks look f**king awesome, if you can/care to bring that to the armor pieces, should look fabulous 

Thank you! I really wish i had a smaller drybruh in order to do this, its pretty hard to get in there with the "S" Drybrush (really Citadel? its huge!..) without getting paint all over the place. Unfortunately my old base/layer brushes are already in too bad of a state to be used for this :S

On 7/25/2018 at 1:30 PM, KoalaSnok said:

(really Citadel? its huge!..) 

That’s what she said last night...

there are other brands out there, who have a decent but sturdy brush size 0...

On 6/10/2018 at 7:44 PM, Lowki said:

Well my spirit host are currently GW plastic grey. I just bought them last week to warm up a bit for the big nighthaunt release.

This thread comes right in time for me, as now I am in the process of finding a nice color theme. I see many great examples here. Only thing is that I find it important that it matches my future NH army,  so that limits the amount of possibilities. For the new NH models I will probably stick to the colors of the models as they are presented by GW lately. Maybe not the most creative thing to do, but   I simply love them, and at the moment I cannot think of anything better for them. So that probably means I cannot go with red, purple of any other the fantastic colors for the spirit host, but stick to something ethereal green/blue.

I found the bellow on coolminiornot, and I think it is exactly how I would like them. Problem is that it is probably done with airbrush, and I don't have one (yet), and I am not sure I am skilled, and patient enough to get the same result with blending. But I guess I can try.   Whatever color I will choose, I will at least use a dark to light scheme, as I think the highlighted faces, hands gives the model the right dynamic feel and looks 

img542bb78bd37e0.jpg.db6ea9a8c97c37d46046806075e898b0.jpg

Actually that's pretty basic for airbrush (and very fast). Trust me, you can do it easilly and in no time.

Guys I have the very old spirit host models (the model with 3 ghosts on the same base).. The color theme for my army will be red and black.  So anyone have a tip to paint the spirit host? Oh and your models are so nice way better than the old one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived