Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

8 hours ago, Synidus said:

Blacktalon's shadowhammers are out.

Any thoughts about using Lord-Arcanum and Neave? Just thought about Neave taking a ride with the Lord-Arcanum, jumping to kill her Nemesis, he can heal from 18" and if she dies he could bring her back. Note: I'm a new player and barely had the time to build and paint my vanguard, so I thought you guys could maybe take this idea and go further (or drop it ?)

Also, we have KNYGHT-ZEPHYROS on the new list of points. Maybe they are changing the battalion to include them or replacing Neave as the assassin.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Did you guys found any good way for sce to use that new command points? 

Obviously make the skies fall upon the enemy with ordinator commanding war machines, as well as heraldor becoming even better in role of solo buffer as he can give something like dracots or paladins a 6" run after which they can still charge

13 minutes ago, XReN said:

Obviously make the skies fall upon the enemy with ordinator commanding war machines, as well as heraldor becoming even better in role of solo buffer as he can give something like dracots or paladins a 6" run after which they can still charge

Do you think it's really worth it to have the LOrdinator as general just to spam his command ability? I don't actually know.

12 minutes ago, XReN said:

Ordinator might be the best usage. Paladins are still too slow on foot even with CP usage and Fulmis are fine enough with Heraldor + Cogs to not need the points. 

Though that said, Cogs + Heraldor + generic CA on Protectors might be a thing. You could even throw in a Lifeswarm and try to rez a model 1/3 of the time. 

5 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Do you think it's really worth it to have the LOrdinator as general just to spam his command ability? I don't actually know.

We'll see after looking at our command traits, but i think it's worth it, because being able to unleash something like 4 turns worth of shooting warmachines in only two is amazing

9 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Ordinator might be the best usage. Paladins are still too slow on foot even with CP usage and Fulmis are fine enough with Heraldor + Cogs to not need the points. 

Though that said, Cogs + Heraldor + generic CA on Protectors might be a thing. You could even throw in a Lifeswarm and try to rez a model 1/3 of the time. 

Well, I just like paladins :)

3 hours ago, Kako said:

Any thoughts about using Lord-Arcanum and Neave? Just thought about Neave taking a ride with the Lord-Arcanum, jumping to kill her Nemesis, he can heal from 18" and if she dies he could bring her back. Note: I'm a new player and barely had the time to build and paint my vanguard, so I thought you guys could maybe take this idea and go further (or drop it ?)

Also, we have KNYGHT-ZEPHYROS on the new list of points. Maybe they are changing the battalion to include them or replacing Neave as the assassin.

Our axe-loving girl is not allowed to charge on the same turn she takes a ride, so you are making a huge investment that will give an opponent time to react

Just now, XReN said:

Well, I just like paladins :)

Actually after giving it some thought, if you use Cogs + Heraldor Toot + Forward to Victory (CA to auto run 6")  make Paladins 12" move with Charge + 2". That's not even bad. Knight-Incantor + Heraldor + 10 Paladins is 640 points for a mini-Deathstar. Toss in a Castellant for the +1 to save? Maybe another Incantor/Arcanum for Mystic Shield and/or Emerald Lifeswarm? Fairly strong frontline unit.

49 minutes ago, XReN said:

Our axe-loving girl is not allowed to charge on the same turn she takes a ride, so you are making a huge investment that will give an opponent time to react

Yeah that is the downside of her.  But if you stick an assassin inside her and pop them out in front of her you may be able to tie up the opposing units to prevent her from getting charged, and if they want to move a unit away from her it would then be a retreat

51 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Actually after giving it some thought, if you use Cogs + Heraldor Toot + Forward to Victory (CA to auto run 6")  make Paladins 12" move with Charge + 2". That's not even bad. Knight-Incantor + Heraldor + 10 Paladins is 640 points for a mini-Deathstar. Toss in a Castellant for the +1 to save? Maybe another Incantor/Arcanum for Mystic Shield and/or Emerald Lifeswarm? Fairly strong frontline unit.

You could also bring Gavriel for +3 to charge as well.

So i think I seen a screenshot in the thread before where they changed liberators dual weapons to extra hit on 6s, so i was wondering in a soon to be a post 2.0 world where people will take seqs over libs although personally i dont like the aesethetics of seqs and trying to keep the liberator dream alive.  Whether if having dual wield hammer liberators with a lord celestant so they can get the extra hit on 5s with the command ability would keep them viable enough?

Thoughts.

PS. I just don't like the robes and the anvil weapons on the seqs, thats all

I think you may be disappointed - the liberator hit pops on an unmodified 6, not on a "6 or more".  Seems like "6 or more" is being phased out of the game entirely, everywhere you look at previews, previous "6 or more" abilities have been changed to unmodified 6.

4 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I think you may be disappointed - the liberator hit pops on an unmodified 6, not on a "6 or more".  Seems like "6 or more" is being phased out of the game entirely, everywhere you look at previews, previous "6 or more" abilities have been changed to unmodified 6.

thats a shame then

16 minutes ago, Lord_Orzhov said:

So i think I seen a screenshot in the thread before where they changed liberators dual weapons to extra hit on 6s, so i was wondering in a soon to be a post 2.0 world where people will take seqs over libs although personally i dont like the aesethetics of seqs and trying to keep the liberator dream alive.  Whether if having dual wield hammer liberators with a lord celestant so they can get the extra hit on 5s with the command ability would keep them viable enough?

Thoughts.

PS. I just don't like the robes and the anvil weapons on the seqs, thats all

I think units of 10 sequitors are going to be really strong.  Does anyone know if Castigators are also "Battle line if Lord arcanum general?" If so then I will be trying a block of sequitors, 3xcastigators and 5xjudicators.  I truly see almost no place for liberators in a GHB2018 world other than if you absolutely can't take an arcanum general.

5 hours ago, Requizen said:

Don't forget that Gavriel Sureheart is now useful.  With two command points and a Heraldor you could be looking at paladins with a minimum threat range of 19".  

Really, with Gavriel, cogs and heraldors Stormcast will be amazingly mobile.  The thing to be wary of is that many other armies are going to become equally mobile or more so.  I think combat is going to happen much more quickly in general in 2.0 than 1.0.  Exciting times!

So... lord veritant pretty usefull now ? With a 20 point difference to the relictor and a free Gryph hound. Seems good, he can also unbind and damage wizards, btw thoughts on this ? Lightning chariot to “set up” a lord veritant 9’ away, then summon Gryph hound and pray to smite wizards ? Seems legit ;) 

13 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Seems like "6 or more" is being phased out of the game entirely, everywhere you look at previews, previous "6 or more" abilities have been changed to unmodified 6.

Hmm, I think it might just be two distinct tiers of activation. Castigators have a 6+ ability, and they're brand new.

23 minutes ago, Battlebeard said:

I know I'm coming late to this discussion but there's no easy way to turn the Stormcast from Soul Wars into matched play legal squads, even by adding the easy to build boxes, is there?

Or am I missing something?

Sequitors: Soulwars + 1 set easy to build gives you 11 sequitors with 3 greatmaces and the option to choose a prime with shield or greatmace. 1 spare model if you get a unit of 10.

Castigators: Soulwars gives you 5 which is 2 spare.

Easy to build gives your 3 which is 1 unit and an extra gryphound.

Evocators: Soulwars gives your 3 which is 2 short. Don’t know if they will get an easy to build or how much models the normal kit includes.

Heroes and boltthrower are fine:)

2 hours ago, Aeonotakist said:

how do you see the CP abusing from LOrdinator?

In a mixed order list, put that with Ironclad and some cheap battle line. You still get 25CP to use the command again and again after killing everything the enemy has.

Well the CA specifically states "you can fire twice with that war machine this phase", which would limit the uses on a single target to once per turn. However, doubling the already large output of an Ironclad is no joke. 

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hes guy i have ine question. Lets say you have 2 balistas a ordinator and 2 cp. Can you you use his command ability twice, so every balista can attack twice?

I haven't seen the limitations on CP spamming yet - it will depend on what is allowed (someone who has seen a leak or early release book can probably address it). If I were to guess, I don't think there will be a limitation stopping multiple uses of a single CP. 

Archived