Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

2 minutes ago, chord said:

I hope the new chamber synergizes better with existing sce than the Vanguard chamber did

I'd like options for some strong lists using almost pure chambers too. Reward (against some armies) for sticking with a pure vision.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I'd like options for some strong lists using almost pure chambers too. Reward (against some armies) for sticking with a pure vision.

How about both!    Having a sizeable collection already I'm not going to buy into a new chamber but would love to add my favorite models

26 minutes ago, chord said:

How about both!    Having a sizeable collection already I'm not going to buy into a new chamber but would love to add my favorite models

I think both is an awesome approach.

I also think perhaps some favourite old ideas will work with the tweaks to the rules in 2.0!  Even before you factor in the new chamber and provided some basic frameworks around those ideas remain the same.

Think about the little tidbit "more tactical double turn" - Paladin drops have potential again?

Think about multiple command abilities. So if I'm right, you can just use the Lord Aquilor's ability even with an LCoSD as general (if that's not nerfed somehow)! Or a lord celestant. Or the LCoD

No shooting out of combat rewards faster skirmishing units. Something you've never used before - hammer prosecutors - becomes quite interesting with a 3d6" charge after scions, interesting special weapons, a reroll 1 save (or reroll to hit) and a small shooting attack (see later).

Similar thing with the arrival of vanguard hunters (7" is better than 9").

Shooting or mechanics that hamper movement or charges is stronger than before now - hurricane crossbows, aetherwings, even judicators in devastation brotherhood ;).

So too will mixed function units. Shooting is still good to have you just don't want a unit that ONLY shoots. You want a unit that moves and shoots until it's in combat at which point it can hold its own or smash and then shoot on the way to its next goal.

Alternatively you need something FAST that shoots and can stay out of the way of the enemy (ellyrian reavers, unchanged, will be ace. So too, sadly, skyfires.)

So again hunters but also palladors and dracoths, who incidentally get a nerf - tempestors by quite a bit, fulminators less so (mainly if you have a heraldor). This means concussors become a little more attractive for my money.

Looks like there are quite a bit more models in the Sacrosanct Chamber than what was shown on Warhammer Community today.

Here are the ones they showed up on the community site:

847358323_Sacrosanct1.jpg.5bcc8141c69b3fe45477c806b1dda1bc.jpg2113593710_Sacrosanct2.jpg.bf37cd52df59abfcfc1f51194d3ff047.jpg1749701922_Sacrosanct3.jpg.97ca27f81f80d090282d97f1deb40513.jpg2137162671_Sacrosanct4.jpg.bbfaab3d2bd087e865e501eed64484ba.jpg1528749680_Sacrosanct5.jpg.a756285747fd0c2ba0cb37c54818bddf.jpg

This one below was also in the video.

478470776_Sacrosant6.jpg.57f878989ffe026257b37aad43349429.jpg

Then there were a few in the video that were not revealed on the community site (although the first one might be a different version of the second pic above):

186975707_Sacrosanct7.png.41e02779175c02804cb2e17ef5482b44.png1827272921_Sacrosanct8.png.ba562589d9cb59a4b16a2be40c311a12.png788960666_Sacrosanct9.png.38ed0d59d23bc005f26e1cf0c94ef282.png

And then there were a few on display at the venue that were not shown on the community site or in the video:

804845988_Sacrosanct10.jpg.fefff2fc6575c9b24999e74f55cddf6e.jpg334089484_Sacrosanct13.jpg.2253b6806375105776c085ef8ecc4d3e.jpg1909583481_Sacrosanct14.jpg.f0c133f0ed6dad47966d4c7a9e8e3f79.jpg1599757941_Sacrosant11.jpg.ee0975e65c7467f6fd315910d0060ad9.jpg855055752_Sacrosanct15.jpg.1ce6bbcc89f9832b1ea64b884fb3809c.jpg

That last one is probably a Shadespire warband though.

Looks like we're looking at a pretty big release.

I somewhat fear that many of those units will make current units obsolete.

The not-Liberators with robes and maces got to be very similar to the current ones, but with something to make them special. And they look better.

The new crossbow unit will overlap with Longstrikes and Judicators greatly.

The new warmachine will surely be a high rate of fire infantry muncher (maybe not?).

I hope GW realize that with that many units you need to balance them internally and make them all desirable.

1 hour ago, DanielFM said:

I somewhat fear that many of those units will make current units obsolete.

The not-Liberators with robes and maces got to be very similar to the current ones, but with something to make them special. And they look better.

The new crossbow unit will overlap with Longstrikes and Judicators greatly.

The new warmachine will surely be a high rate of fire infantry muncher (maybe not?).

I hope GW realize that with that many units you need to balance them internally and make them all desirable.

Jumpin the gun a bit friend, for all you know all the units with crossbows are melee monsters, all the units with hammers are 'new skyfires' and all the cavalry are actually healers.

20 minutes ago, BlooDeck said:

The  poses on these models makes me think they could be part of a potential starter set? 

Looks right. Plus it's two units. Prob one of each equipment type (monopose) in the starter. If they get their own box after it'll be a dual kit. I see a few dual kits actually.

The numbers confuse me though. It might be like starsoul maces with the big hammers. 2 in 5 or something. In any case there are two primes.

4 hours ago, Burf said:

Jumpin the gun a bit friend, for all you know all the units with crossbows are melee monsters, all the units with hammers are 'new skyfires' and all the cavalry are actually healers.

Isn't that hyperbole to the max?

Similar units are likely to have similar roles. But don't need to.

I'm only saying I hope GW does it right and don't do "same unit +1" for the new releases.

Edit.

Yesterday, in a doubles tournament (1500+1500) with a super alpha strike SCE+Kharadron combo, we won two major victories and didn't end first because the other games dragged too much and we had to leave before the final round.

The MVPs of my list were a unit of 3 Palladors, using the Castellant buff+Blessed Weapons (unsuccessful in all games, but they would have only been even better)+Staunch from an Aquilor +Azurite Hurricane combo.

A deceptively tough tank you can throw almost anywhere, they held (and almost killed) Stormfiends and Varanguard plus Chaos Knights in both games.

With our strategy of refused flank, they were pivotal in both our victories.

For 220 and using them creatively, they are really nice. For 200 they would be must haves!

26 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Do Stormcast Eternal models come with the option of human heads or would it be best to use Free Guild heads on them? Many thanks. 

A few sets have a small amount of bare heads, but those are usually to denote a unit leader so you don't get much.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Do Stormcast Eternal models come with the option of human heads or would it be best to use Free Guild heads on them? Many thanks. 

I imagine that Free Guild heads will be too small as Stormcast are much larger. The Free Guild style heads wouldn't look good even if they were the right size IMO, and would look out of place.  They have too much peasant militia going on, and just aren't heroic. Sorry can't think of other good options.

Looking at the photos of Sacrosanct models... there seems to be some units that are very similar to Liberators and Judicators. The Liberator-type unit (called Sequitors I think?) even has options for swords, hammers, and some kind of grandhammers.

I'm glad we are getting more units with shields and I love these sculpts, but I wonder how they are going to differentiate them in terms of gameplay.

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Looking at the photos of Sacrosanct models... there seems to be some units that are very similar to Liberators and Judicators. The Liberator-type unit (called Sequitors I think?) even has options for swords, hammers, and some kind of grandhammers.

I'm glad we are getting more units with shields and I love these sculpts, but I wonder how they are going to differentiate them in terms of gameplay.

Maybe they'll have an ability against Wizards, like the Liberators have "Lay Low the Tyrants".

Loving every single model from this new Chamber (except a guy who is just standing there reading a book... )

Archived