Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A d6 heal from the Guardian of Souls. That's going to make a Chainrasp horde hard to kill. The chainrasp horde says it has any number of models. I wonder how the points will break down. 5+ save  isn't amazing, but with ethereal, rerolling saves of 1 and the GoS bringing back D6, they could be annoying as any Zombie horde on stacking grave sites.

3 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

A d6 heal from the Guardian of Souls. That's going to make a Chainrasp horde hard to kill. The chainrasp horde says it has any number of models. I wonder how the points will break down. 5+ save  isn't amazing, but with ethereal, rerolling saves of 1 and the GoS bringing back D6, they could be annoying as any Zombie horde on stacking grave sites.

They may very well break a LoN list,,summonable so they can be brought in points free with apparantly no limit to them then healed with hero,graveyard abilities.

Just now, GeneralZero said:

well, it can be interesting when you're thinking about the Mortis engine, for example...

It's no more interesting that seeing the Kharadron Overlords have the Duardin keyword that the Runeson on Magmadroth has.

1 minute ago, Thostos said:

They may very well break a LoN list,,summonable so they can be brought in points free with apparantly no limit to them then healed with hero,graveyard abilities.

Chainrasps have 2 attaks 4+/4+ and summonable. I suspect that a contrario to skelis, they will be expensive to build an army. BTW, you can't summon whatever you want with death...

Just now, Thostos said:

It'll be no different to any other unit in matched-play. You will pay their cost when you buy them. Then the same limitations will apply to resurrect them.

3 hours ago, Attackmack said:

Yeah but why not just make it simple and say that b2b with two models means no move?

I’d say that based on the rules description provided it doesn’t reference two models equal-distant in the pile-in rule.

They may faq or designers commentary it, but until then, the rules are referencing it only mention the “closest” and there can only be one “closest”.

11 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Nighthaunt: move 6", except mounted ones. I see an army RESILIENT, NOT that fast, NOT ranged . Probably heavy in magic.  A nurgle like  into sheets?

Suspense.......

Nurgle  can move around 30" in turn one with some units (running and charging with the tree) and around 24" with the slow ones. The SLOW ones. I'd not call nurgle "slow" anymore.

Plus, if nighthaunt alliance ability stay around the old one, they can pop wherever on the battlefield, more the 9" away from enemy.  The fly keyword cut some corners in the "slow" department, so..... I'd say: Very resilient, NOT ranged, good in magic. Not very like nurgle.

It's pretty dang cool that the Soul Wars box will include the first chapter of Josh Reynolds' book. That's a neat trick, haven't seen that one in a while. Was something like it done in early editions? It's a bit similar to including extracts of William King's works in the older 40k rulebooks.

From his Nagash book and his WHFB vampire stuff, I feel Reynolds 'gets' Nagash better than anyone else, as a fractured totalitarian monster. He puts across the gravitas, makes him feel like a god, perceiving the world differently and appearing like a black hole in his servants' minds. He's like an undead negative of the 40k Emperor, right down to his squaring off against the chaos gods.

I guess these ETB push-fit dudes answers the scenic bases question.

16 minutes ago, ZaelART said:

It'll be no different to any other unit in matched-play. You will pay their cost when you buy them. Then the same limitations will apply to resurrect them.

17 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Chainrasps have 2 attaks 4+/4+ and summonable. I suspect that a contrario to skelis, they will be expensive to build an army. BTW, you can't summon whatever you want with death...

Ahh yeah,,forgot,,they can come back points free...

Probably costed in units of 10 then.

What a stellar line up of releases!

I think I will just plump for the core box first and see what the Nighthaunt minis look like in the flesh.  I play Stormcast so always going to keep those models but if the Ghostly beggars sway me then it could be army number 2.

Otherwise I will no doubt offload the Nighthaunt half to recoup some money that can go towards the Malign Sorcery and GHB for July.

(now I just hope there are no Blood Bowl or Necromunda releases in June, early July)!

I think the objectives etc can wait a while longer...

It's cool that they include a second core rules booklet so you could split the box with a friend and have at least 18 pages of core rules

And I would say it would be a really expensive month or two for myself

Archived