Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

4 minutes ago, Deadkitten said:

I don't think the OP was suggesting feedback now.  I most assuredly agree that considered feedback coming from playing a few games will be the best sort of feedback.  As far as how GW balances?  Oh man, that's a whole new thread!  I know Dan Heelan and crowd has had a heavy hand and I trust their judgement.  I just hope GW listens.  

Apologies, this was what was said (below), so I figured it was a call to provide feedback now since the ban was occurring, well, now as well. Apologies for misinterpreting it. 

6 hours ago, Sigwarus said:

To suggest that a spell could need banning ain't doom n gloom in my book. Rather an example of a creative solution provided by the community if necessary. I don't think the game is destroyed by the spells (banishment and umbra) but rather that it's in need of fixing. Together we can give GW the feedback needed to make sure a FAQ solves the issue. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Combined into one Faction Focus article, but from the wording of it, still 3 separate Allegiances (who have each other on their ally lists).  Sad panda.

I'm holding out a sliver of hope that few combined faction focuses aren't just to save digital ink on writing more articles, but that they're a hint of things to come and that we'll see "Beasts of Chaos", all the skaven together, and combined Everchosen and StD. It's a long shot, but I'll put a little hope towards that.

Just now, GeneralZero said:

once a year (GH), does it mean that we have to wait a full year? (because GH2018 will be out at AoS2 launch)

Three times a year now with the "big FAQs".  GW has shown they are willing to edit points, datasheets (scrolls), and make big rule changes in the 40K updates.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I'm holding out a sliver of hope that few combined faction focuses aren't just to save digital ink on writing more articles, but that they're a hint of things to come and that we'll see "Beasts of Chaos", all the skaven together, and combined Everchosen and StD. It's a long shot, but I'll put a little hope towards that.

Sorry dude. From the article:

When you want to expand the army, you’ll be able to use them [Warherds] as allies for loads of Chaos forces, and they, in turn, have access to Brayherds and Thunderscorn units too.

So Warherds have access to Brayherds and Thunderscorn as allies.  I also wish they were combined, so that they could use each other for Battleline more than anything.

Legions of chaos: that sounds good and on par with legions of Nagash concept. All under a same battletome with new rules , bataillons, and hopefully refreshed/new miniatures = beasts + all skaven + chaos peoples + the new super big dragon without the imposed chaos god color.

Just now, amysrevenge said:

Sorry dude. From the article:

So Warherds have access to Brayherds and Thunderscorn as allies.  I also wish they were combined, so that they could use each other for Battleline more than anything.

For one, that's in the "Player Perspective", i.e. current state. Even if changes don't drop along side the new edition, that woudln't preclude a Legions of Nagash style tome dropping later.

So I've heard AoS 1 has been all about board control as a result of the scenarios.  I've only played a couple games but didn't see any reason to doubt this sentiment.  Did people enjoy that aspect?  It strikes me that AoS 2 is doing a lot of design in this "board control" space to really mess around with it.  How do folks think that will play out in game?

52 minutes ago, Lemondish said:

But ultimately what I was trying to get at wasn't to imply it's foolish to ban. It's your games, do as you wish. But I gather AoS, like 40k, wasn't exactly designed to be balanced around what how a small gaming group plays. It may be helpful for the group to ban predatory endless spells or summoning if nobody wants to play with them, but that's not quite the scenario in which GW balances their games, right? That type of feedback is from an extremely limited perspective and doesn't apply to everybody, so I imagine it probably isn't going to help GW very much. In fact, I'd be surprised if they found much value in feedback provided well before games have even been played in 2e, whether the predictions turn out to be true or false.

I have understood that this has always been exactly the way GW design the games. Every rulebook has "The most important rule of having fun" and creating house rules is very much encouraged. For reason or another, many players have had the attitude that everything in the books is to be included and everything should be played just as it is written, no matter how wrong it will make the rules play out due to some sloppy formation of sentences. The recent reminder by writing out the matched/narrative/open to the rulebook is a good reminder for the players that the way the game should be played is in the end in their hands. Even when "narrative and open content" has always been part of the game. And there is nothing wrong in that. For me, the modularity and sandbox nature is the thing why I play Age of Sigmar in the first hand.

This is even more clear when you think about that the head of the design department happens to be Jervis Johnson (correct me if I'm wrong), who used to have his own column in the White Dwarf promoting this kind of gaming. I just downloaded the Black Powder and Pike & Shotte rulebooks as they were free, which are written by him and Rick Priestley. Almost every chapter, there is something along the lines of "this is how we play it, feel free to do it other way if you see it appropriate".

8 hours ago, stato said:

I particularly like how everyone claims re-roll 1's for saves is worthless.... unless they are building liberators, or are a treelord, or many other examples.

Well it’s probably not too bad, but a chaos sorcerer lord, has a better spell now.

casting it on 5 instead on a 6 and you can reroll Hit wounds and save rolls of 1.

im not sure if the new mystic shield spell, will be worth something 

(anyways, does anybody know if Gw is chancing the rule with a spell can only be attempted ones to be cast, with per wizard, instead of per turn?)

59 minutes ago, Lemondish said:

Apologies, this was what was said (below), so I figured it was a call to provide feedback now since the ban was occurring, well, now as well. Apologies for misinterpreting it. 

Well of course I didn't mean that we all in this instant should write to GW and demand a FAQ change. But I do hope that we as a community can be fast to address this after (if) some games played. 

17 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

My 2000 point list just got a whole lot better... Pyro.pdf

Roughly what Ive got, putting out 11+ spells a turn, rerolling failed, plus summoning

Well you only need 11+ spells, as for now you only have 8 different spells?

Edit: 10 different spells , forgot Mythic Shield and Arcane Bolt

Wizards from your army gain one spell from one of two spell lores – the Lore of Fate or the Lore of Change –depending on whether they are a mortal sorcerer or one of Tzeentch’s daemons.

That would be one less from your shaman and the Lore of Change spell on your Scribes won't help as he has his own unique spell and has only one cast.

Edit: Will end up at exactly 11 as I forgot the Pyrofane Cult's spell. As for now I would suggest to drop one Magister and add a Gaunt Summoner - more unique spells to cast and even a better choice (sadly no bonus casts).

5 minutes ago, Aryann said:

As an owner of a Khorne Bloodbound army, so only mortal, I expect that not only demons will be summonable. It would be quite unfair. 

Very unlikely.

TBH, what is you reasoning for expecting this?

There is nothing that would suggest that this would happen, as the old Khorne table was strictly limited to daemons and pretty much only daemon warscrolls had the summon spell on them. (within GA Chaos)

We cannot rule it out completely due to missing information, but it would neither correlate to fluff nor previous rules.

Archived