Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Aryann said:

I'm happy that they are making a box of 13 spells rather than 13 boxes of single spells. At least that's how I understand it. 

That seems pretty surprising since some of them seem rather large. I wonder if the whole thing is going to be just one big set, i.e. no separate book for malign sorcery.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:
4 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I'm happy that they are making a box of 13 spells rather than 13 boxes of single spells. At least that's how I understand it. 

That seems pretty surprising since some of them seem rather large. I wonder if the whole thing is going to be just one big set, i.e. no separate book for malign sorcery.

surprising and...not really usefull. I like the idea of having a 13 spells box. But often, in the reality of the battlefield, you need several items of the SAME spell (ex: purple sun, bind barrier, etc..)

so, you need both: a 13 spells box, and individual boxes

8 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

We have no idea.  Maybe you pay 20 points at army construction, and now all your wizards know the spell and can cast it all game long (following normal 1 attempt per turn rules).

It's clear that it is payed for pregame and in your list 

1 minute ago, Sigwarus said:

It's clear that it is payed for pregame and in your list 

Is there another source than the podcast that I just haven't seen yet?  It's very likely, it's probable, it makes the most sense that way.  From just the podcast, we don't know whether you buy them per wizard, or just once for your whole army.

2 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Is there another source than the podcast that I just haven't seen yet?  It's very likely, it's probable, it makes the most sense that way.  From just the podcast, we don't know whether you buy them per wizard, or just once for your whole army.

They way they talked about buying spells and getting triumphs and command points definitely seemed to imply that they were purchased at army list creation. It wasn't spelled out in black and white that thats how it works but that was my take home. Of course the community team has made (understandable) mistakes before so I dont take anything they say as truth till i see the printed rules.

8 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

surprising and...not really usefull. I like the idea of having a 13 spells box. But often, in the reality of the battlefield, you need several items of the SAME spell (ex: purple sun, bind barrier, etc..)

so, you need both: a 13 spells box, and individual boxes

I expect them to set the price at a similar level to a Start Collecting box which is ok with me. If they sold them seperatly I assume the price would be closer to a small hero, maybe a few $ less. Now multiply it by 13. Honestly? With the latter I'd probably pass on those spells. I'm a completionist when I collect something so spending few hundred $ just on spells would push me away. Far away. 

So Seraphon will have a trade off between casting and summoning. Maybe now you don't throw out that early game mystic shield or arcane bolt just to make sure your spells don't go to waste and now bank some conjuration points instead. There's been a lot of "sky falling" complaints about "free" summoning, but it doesn't look like anybody is exactly going to be be putting out the endless hordes common with pre-reserve points summoning and all armies seem to have ways to keep their summoning down. All in all I'm liking what I'm seeing.

13 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I expect them to set the price at a similar level to a Start Collecting box which is ok with me. If they sold them seperatly I assume the price would be closer to a small hero, maybe a few $ less. Now multiply it by 13. Honestly? With the latter I'd probably pass on those spells. I'm a completionist when I collect something so spending few hundred $ just on spells would push me away. Far away. 

back to painted ping pong balls hahahaha

About the Kroaknado:

It might be history in its current form  (and even as a Seraphon player I say it is probably for the best) but it might still work. Teleport Kroak into a corner 31" away from the enemy unbinding guys using Lords of Space and Time  (cannot be dispelled), cast the Vortex, and then cast some deadly stuff from there (huge range if the BWV still doubles spell range).

Sure, not nearly as strong as before but it might be annoying (artillery-like).

I have to assume that the costs will be something like this:

6 - Skinks & Saurus troops, foot heroes

12 - Kroxigors, Terradons, Ripperdactyls, Salamanders, Razordons, Troglodon

18 - Carnosaurs, Engine of the Gods, Stegadons, Bastiladons

At risk of repeating myself, it is really a smart move from GW to add summoning+magic (with miniatures/endless spells) especially  for the small entry number factions, making all of them with more possibilities and strategy than before without touching anything else in their assets/battletomes/miniatures.

Well done GW.

Now I'm pretty sure that AoS 2 will be a big succes even for die hard players/hobbyist like ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Aginor said:

I like how as a Seraphon when facing an army that has loads of unbinds I can instead of casting spells focus on summoning.

At least that is how I interpret the article.

this is more or less repeated everywhere: you have to make choice. Summoning, magic, conventional armies, dispelling, .....you can't do everything. You'd better be good at something than mehh at everything.

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

At risk of repeating myself, it is really a smart move from GW to add summoning+magic (with miniatures/endless spells) especially  for the small entry number factions, making all of them with more possibilities and strategy than before without touching anything else in their assets/battletomes/miniatures.

Well done GW.

Now I'm pretty sure that AoS 2 will be a big succes even for die hard players/hobbyist like ourselves.

Some people earlier proposed using table tennis balls to make budget-friendly Endless spells and I realised  something. We already have homebrew units, battleplans, skirmish rules, so why not homebrew spells? Possibilities are just like them - endless.

Depends a lot of the points for Slanns, with two of them you can generate those points pretty fast, plus summon stuff from engine of gods etc.  Don't know if it's worth it though.

Still don't think the summoning will be so bad in general, but it's still very possible that there'll be some combos that ruin it. 

4 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

Depends a lot of the points for Slanns, with two of them you can generate those points pretty fast, plus summon stuff from engine of gods etc.  Don't know if it's worth it though.

Still don't think the summoning will be so bad in general, but it's still very possible that there'll be some combos that ruin it. 

It's only the Slann General who get's the points. But it's not too clear if it is instead of the first cast or if you can choose to do it up to thrice ..

Archived