Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

23 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

I think they may be done with the rules previews. We had been getting them every two days and now there hasn't been one since before the Soul Wars announcement.

Yea, this was my thought as well.  Does that mean that there are no more big rules changes? We have not heard much about the combat or battleshock at all.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Yea, this was my thought as well.  Does that mean that there are no more big rules changes? We have not heard much about the combat or battleshock at all.

Both of those work pretty well as it is, so I could see there being no changes to them.

30 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

nderers

Devoted of Sigmar

Darkling Covens

Order Serpentis

Order Draconis

Eldritch Council

Phoenix Temple

Scourge Privateers

GreenSkinz

you can add for sure:

Stormcast part 3 (even part 4)

Nighthaunt part 3 (even part 4)

In fact, those last 2 are more probable than all your list :P

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Really hoping they don't gimp the rest of my Seraphon because the Slann can summon units for free...

Yeah, I really hope they don't point on the assumption that an army will summon. It's not too bad for daemons because they get summoning points naturally, but it will be annoying for armies that have one way to summon which relies on a single hero model. Hopefully only those hero models get an increase. 

I hope they start doing articles focused on individual realms.  I want to know more about the realms themselves.  Honestly,  at this point I would buy a large full campaign book for each realm if they greatly expanded the lore and information for each realm.  What is the realm like?  What are the main locations of interest in them?  General maps so that you can tell where those locations are in relation to others.  What is the general history of the realm?  What are the current civilizations and inhabitants?  What are the previous dead/fallen civilizations and inhabitants?  What are the current sources of strife & machinations in the realm?  How do physics & magic behave in the realm?  Who are the  various deities (big, small, dead, alive) associated with the realm?  Nagash's backstory implies that he has been disposing of rival gods in Shysh and consolidating his power - so tell me more about that!  And include lots of cool realm-specific artwork.

These are really interesting questions to me and I would love to have more of this.

37 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

If the central "Horse head" isn't Skaven i'm mad. Tell me that's NOT skaven.......

It’s not Skaven ... and “You’re mad?” Please don’t be angry. Though it would be pretty cool ... Thats the mount for the Nighthaunt Harbinger.

The other ones that “looked like Skaven” in the Nighthaunt reveal at the bottom of the picture were the new ‘Hunter’ Units.

AKA “Grimghast Reapers: Grimghast Reapers are the souls of schemers, plotters, assassins, and those who murdered through subterfuge in their former lives. Nagash has punished these souls by turning them into frenzied, indiscriminate murderers, blind to their foe and attacking with wild, unfocused slashes.”

Technically one could argue that the description of who they were in life fits your typical Skaven... it would be amusing.

41 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

If the central "Horse head" isn't Skaven i'm mad. Tell me that's NOT skaven.......  I'm done with all this "horse skull" thing. Skaven i say.

It's not skaven. looks a lot like the horse skull from the rider for one. 

14 minutes ago, SlaaneshCultist said:

Well. That makes shutting down LoN's summoning significantly more difficult.

That does seem to be in disproportionate favor of death. With command points and being able to use anybody's command ability, the general dying isn't that big of a deal for most armies. I feel like I've seen other army rules that are only active if the general is alive, but I can't think if them off the top of my head, but the death one is pretty strong.

Archived