Future Aelves

Bremy

So with the Idoneth Deeping coming out soon we know whats become of half of the Aelven souls. 

With morathi forming the Daughter's of Khain.

Teclis failed experiment creating the Deepkin.  

The lore has stated that malerion has shaped his souls into something dark, terrible and majestic. I'm thinking either bringing back some dark aelf type army or maybe a harpy/demon type aelves. 

As for the last lot tyrion and teclis are believed to have created some sort of angelic aelves. I really hope this isn't aelven sigmarines and are something akin to the old high elves or at least a nice clean noble looking aelven army. 

What is everyone else's theories on what will come of the other 2 aelf armies and what they will look like?

As with many other races and factions it is up in the air. The possibilities are vast and can take crazy forms. After DoK and deepkin, I am really looking forward for what is to come. As for aelves, we have been given vague ideas of the missing two order factions, at least the God specific ones. Right now there are class elves possible, and actually would be a nice shake-up. Even destruction aelves might see the daylight. Death elves, I doubt it, although a faction for death composed of living necromancing aelves can be an intersting concept. 

But bevor we see other more exotic pointy-ears get factions should get a turn, undead and SE will come as well as slaanesh. But what about humans and the like?! Mix things up there. Give us zealots of a strange order God, non-orcish or goblinoid destruction, neutral chaos, a living death faction (khemri where dead and living work together and oppose Nagash). Detail the GA more with sub-alliances or cross-factions fat belong not to one but to two! Ordered Chaos, living civilized and structured but taking liberties and freedom by chaos. Make some parts and elements of the GA more extreme or contradicting. Death without Nagash, tyrannical oppressing Order, that forces military service and deals with slaves, chaos that doesn't want absolut destruction and... well, Chaos. Destruction that is not only nomadic plundering warbands that live for the kill, why not a tribal warrior society that is heavily centered around warrior ethnics, but not in an orcish way, think more of Huns. 

I think we'll see at least two more, Malerion  'Dark' Aelves is a certainty with Tyrion/Teclis 'Light' Aelves quite possible.

I would expect whatever comes to be quite different from what we saw in Fantasy though, the Malerion aelves will be twisted in some form, probably quite spectacularly! I'm not convinced we'll ever see a High/Light Aelves faction though, could see saying Teclis never truly managed it.

Just want to know what they're going to do to Wanderers, so many cool and recent models that aren't getting good treatment! As a faction it only requires some rules rethinking plus a couple of hero kits and maybe dual build archer kit.

I think Tyrion's Aelves are called the Cythai? I am probably mistaken but there is a passage in one of the Idoneth posts:

The origins of the Akhelian way of war lie in the time after the founding of the Idoneth Deepkin. When Teclis told the Cythai of the aelves of old, he told stories of cavalry from antiquity that rode horses and dragons into battle – the sea monster-mounted warriors of the Akhelians emulate this ideal.

I don't think that is the first mention either. There have been a few mentions of them as angelic, winged beings, which I think fits - especially as the Idoneth ran away to the deep to hide. Malerion's Aelves will be the opposite I think, Draconic/Demonic in a non-Chaos way.

Personally I would love Malerion's Aelves to end up in Destruction. It remains to be seen what happens with the Soul War stuff, but I think Malerion seems the most likely candidate to break off from the new pantheon of gods forming around the shared interested of Souls, and I'd like to see his faction land outside of Order and Destruction is the faction that needs the boost the most. Martial Aelves that believe a scorched earth policy is the only way to stop the masses of souls endlessly flowing between various powers in an ebb and flow sounds good to me. Tyrion/Teclis as the fire that creates, Malerion as the fire that purges - balance, in a fashion.

4 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

I think Tyrion's Aelves are called the Cythai? I am probably mistaken but there is a passage in one of the Idoneth posts:

[…]

Cythai is the name given to the very first aelfs recreated by Teclis. They later became the Idoneth Deepkin. The one named King on Deepmare is the very last one of them.

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

Just want to know what they're going to do to Wanderers, so many cool and recent models that aren't getting good treatment! As a faction it only requires some rules rethinking plus a couple of hero kits and maybe dual build archer kit.

Would love to see some stuff for Wanderers! They would only need a small release to really be complete as you say. A hero or two, say a mounted lord and another wizard option, and then AoS-ified versions of Wardancers and Waywatchers could be absolutely amazing sculpts.

39 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Personally I would love Malerion's Aelves to end up in Destruction.

I feel like the corner GW is in with Death and Destruction is that they are both essentially mono-god alliances for Nagash and Gorkamorka, at least for now. Malerion in destruction would also mean no allying him with Morathi, which would be a bit weird.

2 hours ago, awcamawn said:

Would love to see some stuff for Wanderers! They would only need a small release to really be complete as you say. A hero or two, say a mounted lord and another wizard option, and then AoS-ified versions of Wardancers and Waywatchers could be absolutely amazing sculpts.

I feel like the corner GW is in with Death and Destruction is that they are both essentially mono-god alliances for Nagash and Gorkamorka, at least for now. Malerion in destruction would also mean no allying him with Morathi, which would be a bit weird.

There's no reason why Malarion's Aelves can't be both Order and Destruction.  In this new age anything is possible.

4 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

I don't think that is the first mention either. There have been a few mentions of them as angelic, winged beings, which I think fits - especially as the Idoneth ran away to the deep to hide. Malerion's Aelves will be the opposite I think, Draconic/Demonic in a non-Chaos way.

Personally I would love Malerion's Aelves to end up in Destruction. It remains to be seen what happens with the Soul War stuff, but I think Malerion seems the most likely candidate to break off from the new pantheon of gods forming around the shared interested of Souls, and I'd like to see his faction land outside of Order and Destruction is the faction that needs the boost the most. Martial Aelves that believe a scorched earth policy is the only way to stop the masses of souls endlessly flowing between various powers in an ebb and flow sounds good to me. Tyrion/Teclis as the fire that creates, Malerion as the fire that purges - balance, in a fashion.

Isn’t this something we all hoped, the Deepkin would be part of?

I know people wanted that yep, but I think they fit in Order. They don't want to ruin anything, they just want to keep their meagre civilisation going. They may have to poach souls to do so, but they aren't razing cities to do it.

I want to see upset in the Pantheon, I think Malerion is the best candidate for that.

11 hours ago, Bremy said:

As for the last lot tyrion and teclis are believed to have created some sort of angelic aelves. I really hope this isn't aelven sigmarines and are something akin to the old high elves or at least a nice clean noble looking aelven army. 

I was excited for the deepkin but I I'll wait for more visually clean army. I do hope it'll be such release in the near future.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:07 PM, Aelfric said:

There's no reason why Malarion's Aelves can't be both Order and Destruction.  In this new age anything is possible.

It would be a very interesting departure from what GW has done so far, and I'm all for it! It would mean a team up between Malerion and Gorkamorka who seem unlikely allies, but Sigmar and Morathi seem like unlikely allies as well! Would love to see the conversation between the Malerion and Gorkamorka though. Ultimately I still feel it's unlikely, mostly because Gorkamorka doesn't seem like much of a team player, which is why his GA: Destruction split off from Sigmar's pantheon in the first place and started running around the realms fighting everyone and anyone. Of course Malerion isn't really known as a team player or the sharing type either so maybe they're united in their not-team-playerness?

Malerion hates death and chaos, and looks down on destruction and order. But if it came to it, the objectives of order most align with his own and so that is where his allegiance would lie within the four (if any). Not sure why people make the connection to destruction, apart from it being pure wishful thinking. 

Well, to establish a new order you first have to destroy the old one.  Malerion has always played the long game and has always want to rule.  Aligning with Destruction may not be too far-fetched.  Once the existing order is destroyed, he is perfectly capable of reneging  on any alliances he has made and establishing a new system with him at the top.

On 13/04/2018 at 9:57 AM, Bremy said:

So with the Idoneth Deeping coming out soon we know whats become of half of the Aelven souls. 

With morathi forming the Daughter's of Khain.

Teclis failed experiment creating the Deepkin.  

The lore has stated that malerion has shaped his souls into something dark, terrible and majestic. I'm thinking either bringing back some dark aelf type army or maybe a harpy/demon type aelves. 

What is everyone else's theories on what will come of the other 2 aelf armies and what they will look like?

It appears that the only Aelves not available as allies to the Deepkin are Phoenix Temple, so they may be being kept back as part of the Light Aelves, which could imply the Noble Aelven army you are hoping for.

8 hours ago, Aelfric said:

It appears that the only Aelves not available as allies to the Deepkin are Phoenix Temple, so they may be being kept back as part of the Light Aelves, which could imply the Noble Aelven army you are hoping for.

Second handed information, but it was stated:

Allies of the Deepkin:

• All former Dark Elves
  • Sylvaneth
  • Stormcast
  • Eldritch Council

From the former highborn faction this leaves out:

• Swifthawks
  • Phoenix Temple
  • Lion rangers

I dobut any new Aelves are coming anytime soon as they will be 100% forces I doubt they will fold Aelven forces but if Witches joined Morathi everything is possible I can see Swifthawk Agents being folded as messangers but I doubt it. 

I think we might see new Aelves in 2019 but I think 2020 is more possible - as we might forget but in 2018 AoS is getting a lot of love, because GW made great call to release codexes for wh40k wothout new minis (only some Primaris and Custodes - and those were small releases) but once all codexes are released in 2018 - GW will start to pump out huge Wh40k releases so we might not see so many armies in one year as in 2018 - GW got time to push AoS :

- new rules with "second phase"

-a lot of new armies - already we got Maggtokin, LoN, Daughters of Khaine, Idoneth Deepkoin and I think we will see  more Battletomes (maybe SCE and Nighthaunt but there are conflicted rumors as they might only get new warscrolls and not battletomes). 

- also I think they might release Slaanesh and push narrative to Slaanesh espace and froze it for some time to focus on Destruction and Wh40k in 2019 (two rumored Battletomes)  and to release Aleves in holiday 2019 and then in April-May 2020. 

AoS players have doubled at Adepticon this year. Imagine how much bigger it will be next year. Even in the slowest year we got 2 armies. GW has already hinted Slaanesh  early  next year and floor chatter at Adepticon was talking about moonclan. Seems unlikely they are slowing down now just when AoS is picking up steam. They did say no elves for awhile since they just did back to back 2020 or later from sounds of it. GW also knows that super cool new armies do way better than legacy ones getting updated.  I bet we’ll easily see 3 minimum next year and as high as 5. 

What 40k armies again? They weren’t even working on sisters at all until Adepticon. So it’s clear if that’s the big news a single army coming back then 40k ain’t got nothing on AoS for this dissapointed 40k community. 

Hmm what’s on the 40k rumor caster tonight hmmm. Primarch s Primarch s Primarch s and more Primarch s with a moderate chance of orks getting like one model. Sisters late next year with a possible delay. Unlikely chance of Kroot from the south bob. Now back to the dissapointed non marine fan base. Not even full army release Primarch s just triumvirates. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Second handed information, but it was stated:

Allies of the Deepkin:

• All former Dark Elves
  • Sylvaneth
  • Stormcast
  • Eldritch Council

From the former highborn faction this leaves out:

• Swifthawks
  • Phoenix Temple
  • Lion rangers

Thanks for the update.  Wanderers are also allies.  Do you know if Order Draconis are allies or not?

10 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Well, to establish a new order you first have to destroy the old one.  Malerion has always played the long game and has always want to rule.  Aligning with Destruction may not be too far-fetched.  Once the existing order is destroyed, he is perfectly capable of reneging  on any alliances he has made and establishing a new system with him at the top.

As i said - wishful thinking haha. Malerion will never forgot having to lower himself in yielding to grimgore at the end of end times. I just can’t see it sorry. 

There was so much debate about the potential for deepkin to be part of destruction and it didn’t happen. 

Archived