Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

2 hours ago, muggins said:

What is that in $, like $500? The thralls alone are $200. Dang

Lol yea it be a lot all said and done :) but I do commission work which nets me be enough to buy an army a month ;) only way my wife let's me hobby, if I use hobby to do hobby

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DoK elite units (5 smallish models) are USD $45 and $50, for 80 point and 140/160 point units respectively.   Based on that I could see eels falling in that same range.  Then again Morghast are $60 for two.  Only Sigmar knows the arcane formulas that GW uses to price their models.

10 minutes ago, Themoocher said:

ship is a free auto-include though so i would pick it up. Personally I saved up to buy a new army so i'm picking up everything besides the dice, not a fan of them. Cards look useful enough to make them worth it.

Yeah useful for sure.  I just dont want to swamp myself in the beginning and just focus on the models. I have saved up 700$ but i'm hoping around 500$ for an entire army.

1 hour ago, Amradiel said:

Sooo, what are people picking up from the first wave? Earlier I was thinking everything except dice. Now maybe book, Eidolon, Lotann and two boxes of thralls. Skip the ship and cards for now ?

I ordered the tome, dice, ship, Eidolon, Lotann and one box of Thralls. 

57 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Yeah useful for sure.  I just dont want to swamp myself in the beginning and just focus on the models. I have saved up 700$ but i'm hoping around 500$ for an entire army.

What are you building towards? 2000 points? 2500?

assuming some prices here is what I think a full collection, 2500 warhost will cost:

2x Thralls $100
Lotann $35
Shipwreck $40
Ishlaen Guard ?$60
Morrsarr Guard ?$60
Vulturnas ?$50
Leviadon $105
Allopex ?$50
Tide Caster $35
Soul Render $35
Soul Scryer $35
Reavers $50
Eidolon Aspect of the Sea $110
Allopex ?$50
— 2500 pts, 4 battleline with Vulturnas as general

$855 plus tax with battletome

19 minutes ago, Sactownbri said:

What are you building towards? 2000 points? 2500?

assuming some prices here is what I think a full collection, 2500 warhost will cost:

2x Thralls $100
Lotann $35
Shipwreck $40
Ishlaen Guard ?$60
Morrsarr Guard ?$60
Vulturnas ?$50
Leviadon $105
Allopex ?$50
Tide Caster $35
Soul Render $35
Soul Scryer $35
Reavers $50
Eidolon Aspect of the Sea $110
Allopex ?$50
— 2500 pts, 4 battleline with Vulturnas as general

$855 plus tax with battletome

2000 points. And I probably won't pick up the Leviadon until people have playtested it and know how it will work and if it is worth the points. 

By now only eidolon, thralls and book... I wanted to just pick the book and study the army but I couldnt resist. Lothan is awesome but the warscroll is meh.

Now with all u guys have said Im thinking different. Now Leviadon I dont see usefull as first I will go for a 1k or 1300 army. So as the sharks Im loving the model but warscroll havent crushed me... so as they dont have deffensive battleline I dont know if I will make a wanderer ally for eternal guard as they will go with my wood elves or sylvaneth. 

The eels I like them and I think I will take 2 boxes. Thw king someone said it was not so good for his cost on points and Im in doubt of takin it... volutros Im sure to take it. Reavers I hope so and maybe a shark cause I love the model... leviadon will be expensive in price and points so maybe not.

What do u guys will put on firt deffensive? Allys or eels??

53 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Geeze Dante, your DoK army just went under the paint brush and you're already hot on the heels of another one. xD

Yes, I was lucky that DoK proved not that expensive as I've already had 90 witches/Sisters of Slaughter, 2 Cauldrons, Warlocks and Hag Queens. And I do love some Aelves :D and got sick paint scheme for them and will convert them heavly myself. 

Also I'm picking them as second army as I doubt they will be as competitive as DoK (and Daughters are amazing match up wise and battleplans wise), already got an army of models I like ( 2 foot heroes, Volturnos, Aspect of the Sea, 30 Thralls, 2x10 Reavers, 3 Morssar, 6 Ishlaen) and I doubt I will spend more as I don't like turtle/allopex or more infantry. 

But what sold me was color scheme and conversion possiblity and I will get them painted for August and then I will paint for any other Aelf factions and from what I've heard they are not coming anytime soon. 

I'm already plotting a list with the intention of getting an Aspect of the Sea up on a Balewind Vortex to double the range of Tsunami of Terror, could be quite potent. Also I think Ishlain? Guard with Shield of Thorns from some allied Wanderers could be nice just as a tarpit unit.

18 hours ago, Kugane said:

I agree. I was looking to get into this army and pick up a few battleline boxes and a hero or two on release. I was hoping to be able to build a 1000 point force with about 150 to spend, but the way it is looking now it is going to be an extremely expensive army to build.

Yeah it forces you really to invest in the good pounds to points models like the eidelon, which is ok but it's good to have options

Got the book and some dice.

I'm most interested in the eels/ the kind/turtle. The AoSea seems good for sure but not sure i'd want to squeeze it in. I'll get the boat later. Wish the sharks were better. 

Interesting combo: with tidecaller general:

Use her general ability make flood tide turn 1 and turn 2 if you are enclave fuethan. 

Other interesting notes: 

I sort of don't like the named king??? sort of meh?? sure you can hit 3 knight units, but why?? Just buff 1 big knight unit, then use the regular king with command ability fury/artifact that gives you +1 to hit/wound for a turn. Also using fuethan, you get two turns of your command ability and you get the fury command trait twice as well.

Edit: also eels get a reroll to thier charge range with muscian, so a big spear unit coming in with the scryer will get +3"  + reroll to thier charge letting them really get in there and eat stuff up. 

16 hours ago, Cam3lot said:

I'm already plotting a list with the intention of getting an Aspect of the Sea up on a Balewind Vortex to double the range of Tsunami of Terror, could be quite potent. Also I think Ishlain? Guard with Shield of Thorns from some allied Wanderers could be nice just as a tarpit unit.

I actually don't think that Sea on Balewind will be that effective.   Sure, he would be nearly impossible to kill and could throw out some serious debuffs.  But that's not a whole lot for a 540 point investment.  

He won't be holding objectives, tying up enemy units, or contributing to damage in a meaningful way.   All an opponent will have to do is take out a few key units and it's GG.  

If I was playing against Sea+BW I'd probably go first if possible, and target the highest damage unit(s).  At that point I'm not sure you'd have enough left to mount a serious challenge to the objectives.

Just now, Richelieu said:

I actually don't think that Sea on Balewind will be that effective.   Sure, he would be nearly impossible to kill and could throw out some serious debuffs.  But that's not a whole lot for a 540 point investment.  

He won't be holding objectives, tying up enemy units, or contributing to damage in a meaningful way.   All an opponent will have to do is take out a few key units and it's GG.  

If I was playing against Sea+BW I'd portable go first if possible, and target the highest damage unit(s).  At that point I'm not sure you'd have enough left to mount a serious challenge to the objectives.

I agree, while he has some okay damage spells he's more support than damage. protecting him doesn't really scare me as you have lots of defensive options in this army.  Also the AoSea doesn't really get bonuses to cast with out taking the enclave for it. As such your one unbind away from him not doing much of anything. Seems like to much investment for what it does. It not like a hurricanum or luminarch up there. 

9 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

If I was playing against Sea+BW I'd probably go first if possible, and target the highest damage unit(s).  At that point I'm not sure you'd have enough left to mount a serious challenge to the objectives.

I think it could work, you sit on an objective with the Aspect of the Sea on a balewind and no one else Is going near it, it's essentially yours for the rest of the game, throwing out -1 to hit and -1 bravery at 24" as opposed to 12" could be quite useful.  You could also take the artefact available to Idoneth wizards, if forget the name, that'll give him'a 5++ vs mortal wounds. Obviously this is all theoretical anyway until we get the army on the table ?

3 minutes ago, Cam3lot said:

I think it could work, you sit on an objective with the Aspect of the Sea on a balewind and no one else I see going near it, it's essentially yours for the rest of the game, throwing out -1 to hit and -1 bravery at 24" as opposed to 12" could be quite useful.  You could also take the artefact available to Idoneth wizards, if forget the name, that'll give him'a 5++ vs mortal wounds. Obviously this is all theoretical anyway until we get the army on the table ?

very true bale winds on objectives is yummy, but you have to start that turn on the objective. So it's either in deployment, or you need a double to do it with out getting popped.  Then the objective also has to be an objective you can hold with out actualy needing to be within range of the objective, as being on top the vortex put you out of range of said objective.  But 500+ points for arcane missle and 50% chance to give 3.5 units -1 to hit <.< eh.

Doesn't sound like a good excuse to covert up a cool vortex. 

2 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

very true bale winds on objectives is yummy, but you have to start that turn on the objective. So it's either in deployment, or you need a double to do it with out getting popped.  Then the objective also has to be an objective you can hold with out actualy needing to be within range of the objective, as being on top the vortex put you out of range of said objective.  But 500+ points for arcane missle and 50% chance to give 3.5 models -1 to hit <.< eh

Aye it'll depend on a few things but I'm keen to give it a go. I also think it's usefulness depends on what other spell you take as well. I believe there's an 18" mortal wound AoE spell which would be nice to double the range of.  And getting -1 to hit on a few units could be good in match ups against armies that invest heavily into units that do exploding hits on 6s.

Archived