Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

They can only by taking huge battalion with fixed army selection (and I guess this battalion could be over 2k) otherwise it is hardly possible as GW changed they way Battalions are written. 

Yeah less free form and more armies in a box style. Which i think is kind of cool??? I don't know i'm on the fence on that idea i guess. As i do like my DoT Change host giving me options to mix and match. That said daughter of khaine temple nest is very cool and thematic. 

DoK can't get a 1-drop battalion for 2k points. In fact, many players argue that the batallions aren't even worth it for them, as they force you to invest in units you don't actually want to play, and you're gonna have more drops than your opponent anyway.

13 minutes ago, GammaMage said:

DoK can't get a 1-drop battalion for 2k points. In fact, many players argue that the batallions aren't even worth it for them, as they force you to invest in units you don't actually want to play, and you're gonna have more drops than your opponent anyway.

You probably can maximize Temple Nest to be one drop but you're right I hardly use Battalions but my current army has Slaughter Troupe. 

8 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I'm not sure that it always goes both ways, though I don't have an example to hand.  But as you say DoK can ally them in, so one can assume that the ethersea follows them around regardless, which is a good sign.  I expect that they will only ally with all the old Dark Elf factions.

Order Draconis, Swifthawk Agents and Phoenix Temple can take Sylvaneth allies, but Sylvaneth can't take them as allies.

I'd love to get eldritch council as allies because any order army that can grab a lore master is handy. That said I'm not expecting much. I think they have been hyping it up that people in order don't like or trust the deepkin so we may see a very limited list of allies. 

Maybe is a stupid question but if I wanna make a sylvaneth - idoneth army and they are not allys I cant? 

I know if I take 1000pts of sylvaneth + 1000 of idoneth I wont use allegiance abilitys but will it be possible?

1 minute ago, Hoseman said:

Maybe is a stupid question but if I wanna make a sylvaneth - idoneth army and they are not allys I cant? 

I know if I take 1000pts of sylvaneth + 1000 of idoneth I wont use allegiance abilitys but will it be possible?

Yes, but you would need order battleline. I'm afraid I'm not sure what they are outside of liberators.

My thoughts was Alarille and a treelord (to use healing alarielle ability) and rest of idoneth.

I have seen GHB2017 and Sylvaneth only allys with wanderer and Stormcast... so as DoK cant ally sylvaneth. Is there a site were this things are public and updated?? 

3 hours ago, Hoseman said:

My thoughts was Alarille and a treelord (to use healing alarielle ability) and rest of idoneth.

I have seen GHB2017 and Sylvaneth only allys with wanderer and Stormcast... so as DoK cant ally sylvaneth. Is there a site were this things are public and updated?? 

Allies have to be squeezed into only 20%  of your points, with the rest as one faction. So, with the above Sylvaneth, as long as Deepkin have a unit that is always Battleline (which I am sure they will have) then you are good to go. Just remember that you'll need 3 battleline for 2000 points.

3 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

It says first wave. But all that is not included the first week.

Trust me it is :D all those things : Shipwreck, Hero, Tharlls, Avatar, Battletome, Cards, Dices are for 14 th preorder. Prices are : 

Etheric Vortex : Gloomtide Shipwreck is 33 Euro

Thralls are 40 Euro 

Lottan (hero) is 25 Euro 

Avatar is 85 Euro (or 90 on this I'm not sure)

Dices, Cards, BT - as usual. 

pretty sure the Namarti Thralls are the first mixed gender unit. The 3 models on the right, including the standard bearer have much slimmer arms and less definition. Also, it may just be me, but their heads look more feminine to me than the other heads.

22 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Trust me it is :D all those things : Shipwreck, Hero, Tharlls, Avatar, Battletome, Cards, Dices are for 14 th preorder. Prices are : 

Etheric Vortex : Gloomtide Shipwreck is 33 Euro

Thralls are 40 Euro 

Lottan (hero) is 25 Euro 

Avatar is 85 Euro (or 90 on this I'm not sure)

Dices, Cards, BT - as usual. 

That price seems high on Lotan, I'd be expecting closer to £15 otherwise seems about right 

5 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Im pleasantly surprised that there will be 10 Namarti Thralls in one box. I feared GW would price them as elites and we get 5 for 35€.

I'm starting to trust gw on their prices lately. They are not giving players the hard shaft like they used to.  I still have the memory of the 40k eldar dire avengers. Half the models, same price. But I see them going in a much better direction price wise.

I'm more wondering the price on the terrain ship. Because I know I can go a local pet store and pick up a nicely painted ceramic one for $20 haha

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

That price seems high on Lotan, I'd be expecting closer to £15 otherwise seems about right 

Nope, he is named character and his cost is equal to MP heroes, it's 100% right he is at the same price like Lord-Ordinator

Archived